Please diagnose my mental health

Author: Wylted

Read-only
Total: 62
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
This thread is to diagnose my mental health and for other members to post if they are seeking a public diagnosis based on their online presence. What would you guys diagnose me as or with?
Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
-->
@Wylted
I diagnose you with Ligma.

RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
I think you suffer from clinical depression as well as paranoid schizophrenia. Both extreme and both feeding off ot the other one with the depression being the primary feeder of the other as it's the one you consider more relevant (yes that's actually what causes it to be bigger of an issue to you).

Note: This is not an invitation to talk about mentally superior health to you. Shut up about me and worry about yourself.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Mharman
What is ligma?
Wylted
Wylted
RM, 

I wonder why the schizophrenia. Please elaborate. 
ResurgetExFavilla
Debates: 0
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@Mharman
Nonsense, Ligma is only really present in Sugandese populations nowadays.
KingLaddy01
KingLaddy01
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
Nah, Bofa dese countries, Sugan and Grabahan, contain ligma. The population of those with ligma were the most highly condensed within SawCon.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Wylted
What is ligma?

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Wylted
LIGMA BALLS
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Mharman
funny dead meme
Vader
Vader
-->
@Mharman
Hey knowing your personality, I think you are Sugondese. Am I right

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Vader
lol

Sugondan is very, very, dank nation. We should borrow some elements from their culture.

Vader
Vader
-->
@Mharman
Sugondese nuts
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Vader
I didn't ask what it was, so you fail :)

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Early symptoms of schizophrenia may seem rather ordinary and could be explained by a number of other factors. This includes socializing less often with friends, trouble sleeping, irritability, or a drop in grades.  During the onset of schizophrenia — otherwise known as the prodromal phase — negative symptoms mount. These negative symptoms might include an increasing lack of motivation, decreasing inability to pay attention, or social isolation.

Warning signs that psychosis may be imminent include:

Seeing, hearing, or tasting things that others do not.

Suspiciousness and a general fear of others’ intentions.

Persistent, unusual thoughts or beliefs.

Difficulty thinking clearly.

Withdrawing from family or friends.

A significant decline in self-care.

Displaying all these symptoms doesn’t necessarily indicate the presence of schizophrenia, but these are indications that a mental health evaluation is advised. If the person is experiencing the onset of schizophrenia, early intervention is the best chance of a positive outcome. 

The positive symptoms of schizophrenia — things like hallucinations and delusions — are less likely to go unnoticed. After the prodromal phase, the patient enters the active phase of schizophrenia, during which they experience debilitating thoughts and perceptual distortions. They may experience impaired motor or cognitive functions, including disorganized speech and disorganized or catatonic behavior.

The paranoia in paranoid schizophrenia stems from delusions — firmly held beliefs that persist despite evidence to the contrary — and hallucinations — seeing or hearing things that others do not. Both of these experiences can be persecutory or threatening in nature. A patient may hear a voice or voices in their head that they do not recognize as their own thoughts or internal voice. These voices can be demeaning or hostile, driving a person to do things they would not do otherwise.

Odd, untypical behavior flows as a result of these delusions and hallucinations. Someone with schizophrenia may be convinced that the government is surveilling them in an attempt to harm them in some way. This can lead to boarding up their home, blacking out windows, putting objects in front of doors to impede entry, and otherwise blocking or removing items they believe contain listening devices or cameras. They may stay up late at night to catch culprits.

Someone with active paranoid schizophrenia is consumed by their delusions or hallucinations. The vast majority of their energy and attention is focused on keeping to and protecting their falsely held beliefs or perceptual distortions.

The most common time a person seeks initial treatment for schizophrenia is during the active phase, when psychosis often makes a dramatic disruption in one’s life and the lives of those around them.

After the active phase, the patient enters the residual phase of schizophrenia. Much like the residual subtype, hallucinations and delusions attenuate at this point (usually with the help of antipsychotic medication and other forms of treatment), and the patient experiences primarily negative symptoms.

I want you to seriously ask yourself how much of this describes you. 

Wylted
Wylted
RM, I was thinking the same thing. That is why I deep dived into these subjects and sought professioal help, despite my skepticism of psychology as a whole. I am paranoid, but when I look into the paranoia it really is more along the lines of hypervigilance and other ptsd type symptoms. I've had some auditory hallucinations and atleast 1 visual hallucination. These hallucinations are not as rare in the general population as you may think. I think something around 33% of people have had auditory hallucinations. I hear knocking at night sometimes and hear my name called occasionally. Not as uncommon as you might think. I've certainly had delusional thinking. I thought that a trickster God had attached himself to me and was helpibg me to become a stronger person. I would pray to this entity I called Loki. Telling him thank you for putting me in so many abusive environments or for causing me to suffer so terribly after certain events. I thought Loki was training me for something great by tearing me down so much. At times I have thought time travelers were trying to kill me. I have always thought I was special, thinking an alien dropped me off and that I actually had a loving family and that the one I was in was just something I had to put up with until my alien parents returned to take me to their loving home where somebody actually cared for me. With that being said I think it comes from some other type of schizotypal personality, seeing as how they are prone to living in fantasy worlds, especially in response to trauma. The disordered thinking symptom did get to me for a while, but it is not the same type of disordered thinking descfibed in schizophrenia usually. Their disordered thoughts have no logical connections my disordered thoughts do. I was reading some stuff written by psychologists differentiating between both types of disordered thoughts. I don't really isolate myself. I prefer veing alone but I still socialize and deal with the public. I think I am a mix of things unfortunately. OCD, PTSD with bipolar and some sort of anxiety disorder mixed with some sort of schizotypal personality. The Bipolar is probably genetic and the rest are likely just responses to the high stress enironments I was put in. 

Wylted
Wylted

I probably should have said schizoid instead of schizotypal. Whatever some cluster a shit. 
DrChristineFord
Debates: 2
DrChristineFord
-->
@Wylted
Based only on your online presence, I don't think you have a personality disorder, and you certainly don't have schizophrenia. 

My guess is that you're on antidepressants or something? 
Just because the way you express yourself seems to me to be entirely devoid of impression management.  Which is one of the things I like about you.  But also, I've noticed this pattern in people on antidepressants.

Good job with this thread.  I've always felt mental health was taboo, but you're right, why should it be. 

DrChristineFord
DrChristineFord
-->
@RationalMadman
 trial and error in real life and being honest when my 'reading system' was far from accurate

Yes, this here.  Observing your own mistakes is really important.  That's why I don't think Wylted has the PDs you've mentioned.  He's already wondering if he was experiencing delusions.  He's analyzing his own thoughts.  That's normal.  

Wylted
Wylted
You are being an idiot. I know for a fact I am not a sociopath and atleast pretend like you don't have delusions of granduer when interaxting with others
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@DrChristineFord
No actually, analysing oneself and questioning one's own sanity is extremely abnormal but, aside from that, normality is stupidity in the current human landscape so I wouldn't go ahead and uphold normality as inherently the thing to aim for just was correcting you on that him doing that makes him normal.

Paranoids often 'self observe' to EXTREME degrees and due to the faulty brain structure/pathing conclude their delusions are completely correct even more so than pre-analysis. I used to think I was one but the difference is that the paranoid person would sooner suspect other ideas of being more wrong than suspect their own idea of being less right, I did and do the opposite and that's how I know I'm not schizophrenic as well as 2 psychiatrists telling me that I blatantly am not, in fact I scored so extremely low on all symptoms of schizophrenia, they say I am hyper-aware of surrounding seeing almost nothing as less or more than what it is and tested me on this in ways you can't fake (real-time response, card arrangement tests etc).

I also was concerned that I was perhaps stupid but they said what my issue is is lack of ability to focus on one thing for a long time, not lack of intelligence. Three different (not two this time but a third one) psychiatrists told me that I am constantly aware of my own flaws to such a high degree that they are shocked I scored high on confidence, one said I am the only patient he/she ever has come across even in studying who is so high in confidence despite being so high in the ability to reason and reason verbally and logically (logic meaning step-by-step). I explained to this one that it's because no matter how inferior I am to perfection, I am very aware how beneath me others are and that I am somewhat disgusted how the top 1% of humans intelligence-wise are probably still so far from what a true genius could be.

There's a lot more as to how I concluded that I am not a paranoid schizophrenic AT ALL but am simply hyperaware and all, every single therapist, psychiatrist and friend I ever had in life has told me that I am simply extremely aware of things and not remotely as delusional as others think I am. They did NOT tell me this to compliment me, one told me it just before cutting contact with me for good. He said I am actually too good at reasoning for 'my own good' and left it at that. This is NOT TO SAY that I have not had friends criticise me even on my 'delusional aspects' but even when calling me crazy, they said I was still undeniably far better at understanding things and seeing things that others don't that REALLY ARE THERE.

If this is all true for Wylted, sure I'll admit defeat and reassess my reading system.
DrChristineFord
DrChristineFord
-->
@RationalMadman
You've thought about it a lot for your own situation.  I know that diagnosis is inherently comparative, so it would be ridiculous to say, as some people do, that you can't compare.  You can  But still, I feel that you're too easily generalizing knowledge that you've gained for your specific case.  Actually, you and wylted seem quite different to me.  Based on online presence.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@DrChristineFord
Yes, we are very different. The only prominent traits we share are dominance tendencies and distrust of authority I would say.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@DrChristineFord
endlessly before I say it. I never ever take off the mask, except for here and at times I see a therapist because they are useless unless the mask comes off. I take impression management to the extreme. There can never be a percieved flaw in anything I say, do or wear. The consequences for seeing a crack are that I am outted as worthless and evil. 
DrChristineFord
DrChristineFord
-->
@Wylted
My view is that there is no real self and no fake self, that it's all the same thing.  So the way I interpret what you've said is that you present different personas to your therapist, to the real world, and possibly another one online, and you have different experiences of comfort and discomfort for the different ones.

So, this idea of the bad/evil self is, in my opinion, constructed.  And I wonder if you have a clear idea of what constitutes bad and evil, given your consistently amoral stance online?  If not, then are you just trying to guess what it is, or just assuming it's there?

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@DrChristineFord
Amorality for the world but altruism for me is my personal philosophy. I judge myself by higher standards than I judge the world.harsher standards
DrChristineFord
DrChristineFord
-->
@Wylted
There can never be a percieved flaw in anything I say, do or wear. 
Perceived by whom? 
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@Wylted

After consulting The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, I can authoritatively confirm that being a c*** is not in and of itself mental illness.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@DrChristineFord
By anyone. 
DrChristineFord
DrChristineFord
-->
@Wylted
You have harsher, higher standards for yourself, but it matters how others see you.

So whose standards matter?  If it's your own standards, why does it matter how others perceive you?  If it's others' standards, how do you even know what they are since there's such a wide variation?

Also, is your concern for being flawless for online as well?  Because it doesn't seem like that.  It makes wonder what you might say if you weren't so careful.