The Wall of Member Quotes

Author: Castin

Total: 23
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
I've been reading your posts and debates on the lookout for memorable quotes, generally one to three sentences long. I'll be collecting them here. They may be meaningful, humorous, make a good point, or paint a vivid self-portrait. Anything that jumps out at me, really.

My intent is to @ the people I quote. If you don't want to be @'ed in this way, or if you don't want me to quote you at all, tell me and I will stop immediately and permanently.

I may be quoting controversial members or members you don't like. Sometimes people you don't like say things worth quoting.

Castin
Castin
-->
@ethang5
"We will have no rights when everything has become a right." - ethang5

Castin
Castin
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
"If you say that someone is 'dehumanizing' a man by calling him a tranny or telling him to put on a pair of pants instead of a dress, then the word loses a bit of the raw power meant to describe specific, uniquely horrific acts like chattel slavery, large-scale extermination, crushing totalitarianism, or sadistic torture." - ResurgetExFavilla

Castin
Castin
-->
@RationalMadman
"If you actually want people to mix and genuinely be equal, there is actually a strong positivity to whites embracing black music and culture no matter how vulgar it is." - RationalMadman

Castin
Castin
-->
@keithprosser
"I'd say we humans have a tendency to hate 'outsiders', people who are 'not like us'. Bigots don't use their brains to overcome that primitive tribal instinct - they use their brains to rationalise and justify their hate." - keithprosser

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Castin
No-one but you should post to this thread.
Castin
Castin
-->
@keithprosser
I can't enforce that, and I don't think I would even if I could.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Castin
That my post appeared proved that!

Alas.... I fear for this thread.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
nICE
Vader
Vader
-->
@Castin
I can't wait until one day I say something so dumb and so insane that it will end up being a quote on here
Raltar
Debates: 4
Raltar
-->
@Castin
@3RU7AL
"The point is that the rules, as they are stated, are unclear (too subjective) and enforcement appears to be arbitrary." -3ru7al

Raltar
Raltar
-->
@Castin
@KingLaddy01
"DDO established a culture that had less and less of a passion for serious debating, but would remain interested in forum activity. This was carried on to here, and it will not be a serious debate site as long as it exists." -KingLaddy01

Raltar
Raltar
-->
@Castin
@drafterman
"It is abundantly clear that not only does the mod team have no experience moderating, they have no conception of it, either." -drafterman

Vader
Vader
-->
@Castin
@Raltar
"If I'm ever banned, please initiate a very large hyper-dramatic public thread demanding answers. Infer that whatever answer you get is a lie. Then accuse the mods of stealing your sandwich. Thank you in advance." -Raltar

Goldtop
Goldtop
"I can't believe nobody put a shiv in your kidney yet, considering your lovely personality."  ~ DebateArt.com
Plisken
Plisken
-->
@Vader
^^See, now that's class.  An asshole with shit to say I can respect
Vader
Vader
-->
@Plisken
true
Analgesic.Spectre
Debates: 1
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@keithprosser
>says: "No-one but you should post to this thread."
>posts in thread

I facepalmed so hard I almost knocked myself out.

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre

A race with an average low I.Q. doesn't belong in high I.Q. professions, such as law or university research. However, that same race may excel is visio-spatial awareness, and thus would do much better on a sporting field.

Analgesic.Spectre

Analgesic.Spectre
Debates: 1
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@keithprosser
Wow, Keith. That was a really smart deflection. No one will notice the post I made above yours, if you haphazardly digress onto a completely different topic. You obviously know that the average user on this site has the I.Q. of a shoebox, and thus won't be able to scroll up a tiny bit. I guess you got away with your colossally stupid blunder. 
Castin
Castin
-->
@Vader
"If I'm ever banned, please initiate a very large hyper-dramatic public thread demanding answers. Infer that whatever answer you get is a lie. Then accuse the mods of stealing your sandwich. Thank you in advance." -Raltar

Rofl

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Castin
@TwoMan
Infinite regress is logically impossible. If time were to travel back infinitely it would logically never be able to reach the present.

Castin
Castin
-->
@RationalMadman
"Only the corrupt and/or foolish define their stance as what they want to get rid of. Only the genuine and/or intelligent define themselves as what they want to replace a system with that's better." - RationalMadman