-->
@Fallaneze
No because there is no bots nor any real crazies
Fallaneze
Debates: 0
Fallaneze
-->
@Vader
Well I'll grant you the first piece of that.
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@Fallaneze
Modernization of Russian Federation's airborne forces military equipment
In December 2018, The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation reported on the modernization of about 600 airborne combat vehicles. It is planned that the modernization of BMD-2 to the level of BMD-2K-AU and BMD-2M will begin in 2021.
BMD-2 - unpretentious in service, Highly passable combat vehicle, But given the characteristics of modern weapons, Which in recent years has stepped far forward, It became necessary to upgrade these systems. The new BMD will be equipped with an anti-tank missile system, A modern digital reconnaissance, Control and communications complex, An integrated automated control system at the tactical level, As well as automatic target tracking for firing various types of weapons during the day and night, On the go and afloat. In addition, The upgraded BMD will remain airborne and will perform tasks as part of the airborne paratroop units.
The new version of the combat vehicle will be equipped with a single Bereg military compartment with standardized weapons of the latest modification of the BMD-4 airborne combat vehicle. Due to this, It will be possible to fire not only on manpower, But also on armored vehicles and air targets.
The Kornet anti-tank complex mounted on the BMD -2M was also upgraded, Which made it possible to fire at battle tanks and other armored vehicles 6 km away. In addition, The shooting of the UM "Cornet-EM" is carried out on the principle of "shot-forgotten" in the exceeded mode to reduce the likelihood of detection.
The new version of the machines is also equipped with radio stations R-168-25U-2, Weapon stabilizers 2E36-6. Thus, The modernized BMD-2M was able to fire all kinds of weapons from the spot, On the move, Afloat, Day and night using a target tracking machine.
Innovations will also affect the commanding machines BMD-2K. This project also assumes installation on existing commander automated unified machines of the new equipment. Such a revision affected only the complex of radio-electronic means and is intended to enhance the capabilities of the commanding BMD in the management of the paratrooper battalion.
Thus, A complex of automation equipment and communications of the 3rd type (so-called KSAS-3) will be installed on the base BMD-2K, Intended for use by the commander of the parachute battalion. This equipment is part of the automated control system of airborne assault division "Polet-K". The remaining characteristics of the machine, Including the power plant and weapons, Remain the same.
This approach to modernization will not only greatly facilitate the simultaneous operation of equipment, But also ensure their joint combat work.

Raltar
Debates: 4
Raltar
-->
@Ramshutu
Woah, relax Ivan.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Fallaneze
It has the largest collection of DDO refugees that I've seen, but the site isn't really finished or officially "up", and until it is, I'll hold off on officially calling it DDO reincarnated.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Castin
I miss Gentorev.
Castin
Castin
-->
@keithprosser
Lol.

I miss ethan. ☹️
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Castin
but the site isn't really finished or officially "up"

But how many active members can the internet forum/debate model actually handle?   I'd say its actually very few.  The structure works well for a dozen or so members, but it won't scale very well.

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Castin
I miss ethan. ☹️
Who he?

Castin
Castin
-->
@keithprosser
but the site isn't really finished or officially "up"

But how many active members can the internet forum/debate model actually handle?   I'd say its actually very few.  The structure works well for a dozen or so members, but it won't scale very well.
What? Was this your opinion of DDO as well?

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Castin
Any site with this kind of format.  Given all the 'drama' with just a handful of active members, imagine it with a thousand!   I'd say on most sites like this a very few posters contribute 80-90% of the content.
Castin
Castin
-->
@keithprosser
I thought DDO "scaled" okay. Though I was only on it for the last 2 years, when activity had dwindled -- or so I heard senior members saying.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Castin
Scale to what level?   Suppose Dart grew so there were 500 RFDs for each of 50 debates active at any one time?

Castin
Castin
-->
@keithprosser
Dizzying, I admit. But on DDO debates didn't get that kind of traffic.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Castin
I just wondered what 'not officially up' meant.  It's not important at all at this stage. 
Castin
Castin
-->
@keithprosser
It means the curlers are still in the site's hair and it hasn't brushed its teeth or hairsprayed yet. I think?
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Castin
A few bells and whistles missing doesn't bother me much because while DArt might lack a spellchecker it does have a castin!  

Castin
Castin
-->
@keithprosser
A few bells and whistles missing doesn't bother me much because while DArt might lack a spellchecker it does have a castin!  
So it has nothing going for it, in other words. Damn, this site just can't catch a break.

I'd recommend trading me in for some bells and whistles but what merchant would take that crap deal.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Castin
I wouldn't trade you for spellchecker (he said loyally).

Of course, I'm in the minority.

RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
On DDO I was a falsely-respected banned member by the very members who laughed at me and thought I was a joke.

Here I am a genuinely mocked or admired member depending on the user and it's a lot less fake. It's something I appreciate about the site a lot and helps me spot the scum without haven't to try all that much.