What state should be the first primary state?

Author: Imabench

Total: 3
Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
In primary elections in recent years, for Democrats and Republicans, Iowa was the very first state that determined which presidential candidate had the most support from voters, and New Hampshire was the second state. 

Arguably though, neither of those two states really encapsulates the issues that a large share of Americans have to deal with. When was the last time that Iowa or New Hampshire made news for being the battleground of, well, ANY political issue?.... Has there ever been a housing issue in Iowa or New Hampshire? Race incidents between citizens and the police? A mass shooting or some issue involving gun legislation? Have either state been devastated by the opioid epidemic?.... Iowa and New Hampshire arguably are far different than the majority of states suffering from important issues, yet these states have some of the most authority in determining who becomes president, greatly altering who is selected to compete in the general election. 

So my question is, which state do you think should be the first state to vote in the DEM and REP primaries? Why?

I would select Ohio, which is a state with a very diverse population with a diverse amount of issues including many of the things I listed before. Since Ohio also has a knack for picking which candidate in the general election goes on to become president, letting Ohio have the first go at candidates could dramatically shift the momentum and power to candidates that would be the strongest representatives of the political party they belong to. 

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Imabench
Ideally, the best state to be first in the primaries would be the state with the fewest extremist voters from all parties. Those kinds of states usually don't make it to the catchy news headlines of MSM.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Imabench
Also...Ohio? Lol Kasich?