if you support a wall, practically u should also support limiting legal mexican immigration

Author: linate

Total: 11
linate
Debates: 0
linate

the main reason to build a wall is because mexicans commit twice as much crime as white people. the thing is, that statistic is the same for both legal and illegal immigration. so, isn't it necessary logically that you would limit legal immigration if you are willing to build a wall?  

i dont view the job stealing and drug things as practically good factors in building the wall. if we really wanted to top illegals from stealing jobs, we would just enforce the rule against employers who hire them. drugs will find a way to get into the country around the wall or smuggled in theorugh legal ports. in fact, eighty percent of drugs come through those ports and it would only take around a hundred million to implement scanners to catch much of those drugs. a far cry from the billions necessary for a wall. 
Plisken
Plisken
-->
@linate
Have you ever thought from a stand point of how "the wall" might benefit Mexico?
linate
linate
-->
@Plisken

not really. why do you ask?
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
the reason to keep illegals out is so they don't use our limited resources, like healthcare, schools etc stuff us tax payers pay for.  If they couldn't get any of those things few would care if they were in the country or not.
Walls of razor wire, high and deep.  Very inexpensive, easy to replace and maintain.

Military bases and training grounds all along the border.

tbh a wall is better than what we have now and no one is willing to come up with better solutions.  If the previous administrations had dealt with like they promised we wouldn't need to talk about it now.  if you want to lay blame, there you go.
linate
linate
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts

the fact checkers always say they don't use many resources. im sure there's some truth that they do, but i would expect it's just local governmentts footing those bills, so who cares what they spend their money on? 

also, it would be better to say "we should stop spending money on illegal immigrants" than to say we should build a wall, if that's the case. 

i actually was against the wall until i saw the crime statistics. but i just take it to the logical conclusion and say we should limit legal immigration too based on race and geographical region. 
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@linate
Do you have an link on Mexican crime rate in America statistics? Googling "mexican crime rates in america statistics" seems to give articles that say that immigrants cause less crime than natural born citizens. Or variants thereof. 
linate
linate
-->
@dustryder
i'm just going by stats that were given to me by dylan here. based on that, illegals do commit less than the average usa citizen, but that's only because the black population brings the rate of crime up for the general population, plus mexican usa citizens are higher than whites too. the only thing i know for sure in this is that blacks commit more crime. in fact, they commit half the murder while being only  fraction of the population. 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Prirate is correct. Supporting a wall is DE FACTO supporting legal immigration as less illegals using limited resources allows them to be allocated to the legal citizens and legal migrants.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
The wall is mostly symbolic to the people of the country that says we have a right...as a nation...to build a monument to the law and order that preserves the way of life in America. That's functionally much more important to the long term survival of the nation than the ancillary stoppage of ambulatory migrants.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@linate
the fact checkers always say they don't use many resources. im sure there's some truth that they do, but i would expect it's just local governmentts footing those bills, so who cares what they spend their money on? 

also, it would be better to say "we should stop spending money on illegal immigrants" than to say we should build a wall, if that's the case. 

i actually was against the wall until i saw the crime statistics. but i just take it to the logical conclusion and say we should limit legal immigration too based on race and geographical region. 
you must ask why do illegals risk life and limb to get in, obvious they work illegally and also receive benefits, if you remove those things there's very little reason for them to come in illegally, risk vs reward, cost vs benefit.

I would prefer we "stop spending money on illegals" as you said than building the wall, I agree with that, but it's not going to happen.

We should limit legal immigration based on merrit., few other things.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
The wall is mostly symbolic to the people of the country that says we have a right...as a nation...to build a monument to the law and order that preserves the way of life in America. That's functionally much more important to the long term survival of the nation than the ancillary stoppage of ambulatory migrants.

it's proof, visual proof that a President is willing to do something about the issue, all those who are against it aren't offering any better solutions if any solutions at all.