Curiosity and questions for our Satanist member(s)

Author: Castin

Total: 47
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
Thread primarily made with Wylted in mind, but much thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer this topic and open up about their personal beliefs. I've never met a Satanist. I grew up in an extremely Christian-dominant area and they're something of a curiosity to me.

What is it about this religion/ideology that draws you to it or makes you feel that it presents the best interpretation of life?
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
Satanism is not a single ideology. Some people do view LaVayen Satanism as the only true form of satanism but a lot of people identify as a satanist that come from a wide range of belief systems. The Jews used to take old Gods of conquer ed territories and make them "Satan". The name Satan comes from the Egyptian god "Set" the horns come from the God Pan . So a person who worships set would be a satanist as would a person who worships Pan. If worship is the word you want to use.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Wylted
I was under the impression "satan" was merely the Hebrew word for "adversary".
Wylted
Wylted
Your questions come with some presuppositions that will take a while to deal with. If they are worth dealing with. Hopefully you proceed with a curious child like mind so time and space is not wasted on dealing with presuppositions
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Castin
I believe it comes from the God "Set". satan is not really discussed much in the bible prior to the new testament if at all
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
Satanism at its essence is making oneself an idol before God.

Now with that understanding, and the eyes to see, satanism is actually very popular and even covertly encouraged by culture today.

Most satanists claim to be atheists. Really though, they take themselves as god. It is reflected in their pride and arbitrariness.

Wylted
Wylted
I'm surprised to see that Mopac is pretty spot on. He is accurate.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Really though, they take themselves as god. It is reflected in their pride and arbitrariness.

Who are the satanists doing this?
Castin
Castin
-->
@Wylted
Oh, I certainly don't expect all Satanists to share an organized or rigid pattern of belief. I actually expect the opposite -- that they would be in varying and individualistic groups with an emphasis on personal freedoms and self-determination without a central authority. But to even have a name, Satanism, there must be some common denominator unifying belief, which is what I'm asking about.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@disgusted
Michael Aquino
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Castin
Mopac summed up the unifying trait really, if there is a unifying trait he definitely named it. 
disgusted
disgusted
@weed
You can link to his posts on this forum?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Castin
Read this. This is almost a unifying belief system espoused by satanists https://archive.org/stream/MightIsRight_966/MightIsRight_djvu.txt
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@disgusted
No, I think he was referring to satanists in general and you were asking for a specific example of one that had those traits. If I misunderstood your request, I apologize.
disgusted
disgusted
@weed
I didn't get very far into what appears to be a self serving diatribe by an intellectually inferior midget.
disgusted
disgusted
@weed
This thread is addressed to satanists on this board and Mo's response certainly seem to reflect that, but who knows with Mo's tripe.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Mopac
Satanism at its essence is making oneself an idol before God.

Now with that understanding, and the eyes to see, satanism is actually very popular and even covertly encouraged by culture today.

Most satanists claim to be atheists. Really though, they take themselves as god. It is reflected in their pride and arbitrariness.
For a long time in history Satanism seemed to be merely an accusation made by Christians of undesirables, or something that cropped up as paranoid conspiracy in climates of superstition. As far as I can see, self-admitted Satanists and that whole movement are a pretty recent development. Your description of them may be relatively accurate.

Mopac
Mopac
Nothing is more obnoxious to those who in their pride take themselves as being god before God than The Truth.

That is why I am a mental midget. Why I am stupid. Why I am a troll who shouldn't be fed. I do not speak of myself, I speak of The Truth. I am the enemy of these wicked people, and they would kill me if they could, just as they have in their own hearts killed The Truth.

"And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Castin
The name escapes me but there were satanists when christianity first arrived on the scene who basically viewed the old testament God as evil and worshipped his adversary.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Castin
No, Satanism is a very technical theological thing.
Recent manifestations of this such as the aforementioned LaVeyism are actually fairly accurate formulations of how Satanism is understood.

The angel of pride, you know.

What can be a greater manifestation of this than self worship! Take pride in your debauchery and wickedness even!

It's foolishness. But people have been forgiven for worse things. Of course, there is no forgiveness for those who do not want forgiveness. What can I do? Pray that those who have fallen into such a thing snap out of their trance and wake up. They are reducing themselves to dogs and swine. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Wylted
Yeah, the so called "gnostics".

It is actually one of the more common heresies of today, actually. It's pretty much "I know betterism".

They don't though, they are simply full of pride.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Wylted
Read this. This is almost a unifying belief system espoused by satanists https://archive.org/stream/MightIsRight_966/MightIsRight_djvu.txt

"Open your eyes that you may hear, O! men of mildewed minds and listen to me, ye laborious millions!

For I stand forth to challenge the wisdom of the world; to interrogate the 'laws' of man and of 'God.'

I request reasons for your Golden Rule and ask the why and wherefore of your Ten Commands.

Before none of your printed idols do I bend in acquiescence and he who saith 'thou shalt'to me is my mortal foe.

I demand proof over all things, and accept (with reservations) even that which is true.

I dip my forefinger in the watery blood of your impotent mad-redeemer (your Divine Democrat — your Hebrew Madman) and write over his thorn-torn brow, 'The true prince of Evil — the king of the Slaves!' "

This is proving to be an interesting read.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Mopac
I wasn't thinking of the gnostics they would more closely resemble the new age movement than the satanist one. 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Castin

"This is proving to be an interesting read. "
I thought you would enjoy it

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Wylted
Gnostics aren't really that consistent in their beliefs.

Satanism is worshipping the self.

Gnosticism is faith in one's own understanding above all else.

Very related, not really the same thing.

The gnostics did view the old testament God as evil though.

I say that of course, with the disclaimer that The God of both testaments of the bible is the same God.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Mopac
Yeah many gnostics did, but with the group I am thinking of is mentioned in this article https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1560714/The-Devil-worshippers-of-Iraq.html
Wylted
Wylted
Nobody want to talk about the yezidi now?
Castin
Castin
-->
@Wylted
My attention is still on my read of Ragnar's manifesto. But I'd never heard of the Yezidis.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Wylted
Not really.

I've heard of them. Not particularly interested.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Castin
They Re devil worshippers also, but it is tavoo to refer to them as that because Muslims try to kill them over it. Typical Muslim thing, killing people they disagrew with because it is in their nature to be violent brainless thugs