Should the US invade Africa with the long term goal of making the continent many US states?

Author: Alec

Total: 139
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
I want to see how popular this idea is.  I had a discussion with someone about it and I couldn't continue the discussion due to lack of time on my part.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Africa hates freedom.
Alec
Alec
Why does Africa hate freedom?
Plisken
Debates: 0
Plisken
Americans comprise the most charitable nation in the world

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Alec
Ask the African people that tolerate the Warlords. You know George Washington and the founding fathers would rather die than tolerate Warlords.

Africa is..different.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Alec
Also, you can purchase a slave in Mauritania or Libya.

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Why? I don't think we should even have territories let alone appropriate a whole continent. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
I don't see how this can be done w/o risking American lives.  So the question then becomes is it worth risking American lives to invade Africa, I would say nay-nay.  Invading is one thing, but keeping and controlling, well that has it's own issues and problems.  Giving arms to other countries and groups hasn't worked out the way they thought, or rarely anyway, so that's probably not a good option either.
What would the U.S. gain if they successfully invaded and took it over?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Greyparrot
But luckily you don't have to buy a slave to eat chocolate, someone does that for you. Wingnuts are just so ignorantly unaware.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
History has shown that you can NOT replace a culture with your own culture at gunpoint without mass genocide followed by reseeding the population.

Alec
Alec
-->
@Polytheist-Witch

Some pros to the US invading the whole continent:

1. More minerals being mined with American Technology.  This benefits the USA.
  2. The UN should be okay with it.  They wish to eliminate poverty, and an African invasion would help do that.
  3. More human rights on the continent.  This benefits Africans.
  4. Can make Africa part of a 1st world country and could even make Africa 1st world itself.  Similar to #2.  This benefits Africa.
  5. Can make Africa less prone to HIV/AIDS.  This benefits Africa.
  6. It can allow the USA to give Africa a better reputation of the west.  This benefits USA
  7. Can allow Africans to immigrate to the US and vice versa, therefore increasing globalization.  This benefits both, primarily Africans
  8. Less refugees to Europe.  This benefits Europe.
  9. An Actual good use for an increase in military spending.  This benefits USA
  10. Better education opportunities.  This benefits Africans.
  11. More land.  This benefits USA.
  12. Lots of jobs implementing solar panels in the desert and in the SW USA.  This benefits both, primarily Africa.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Alec
Why pay to take over a place with no natural resources? Why get Americans killed? I can only figure you hate native Africans. Seems racists as hell.
Alec
Alec
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
The USA gets:

1: More land
2: A chance to make a better reputation.
3: More natural resources, which Africa has a lot of.
4: 1 billion people to assimilate to make Americans.
5: Curbing Chinese influence in the region, which has been developing a lot recently.

A few American soldiers would die obviously.  However, I would rather see 10,000 soldiers die then to allow millions of African children to die from Africa's high infant morality rate, something that would get fixed under American rule.
Alec
Alec
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
"Why pay to take over a place with no natural resources?"  Africa is filled with various natural resources.  

"Why get Americans killed?"  To save more Africans long term because under American rule, Africa gets more human rights and the infant mortality rate would plummet.  Life expectancy in general increases under American rule.

"I can only figure you hate native Africans."  I don't and this policy would help Africa and America out a lot.

"Seems racists as hell."  It has nothing to do with racism whatsoever and more to do with helping out Africa and the US.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Alec
Sure it does, fascist. Sick racists.
Alec
Alec
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
"Sure it does, fascist. Sick racists."  Fascism is one party rule and I am not advocating for one party rule.  The SJWs are the fascists since they want to censor all whom disagree with them.  Your trolling at this point and that is poor conduct.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Alec
Wanting to kill native people is pretty poor conduct but you can't help being white. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Alec
If we can't assimilate the people we already have in this country, what makes you think we can do it in Africa? Is there something magical about the soil there?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Wanting to kill native people is pretty poor conduct but you can't help being white. 
Whites are some of the most self-loathing creatures on the face of the planet.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Greyparrot
And some think killing all non whites is cool. Good job. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Alec
Your quest to "save Africans" is silly.

Millions of people die yearly from Warlords in Africa, yet the African people are fine with it. 

Similarly hundreds of thousands of Americans die from cheeseburgers and automobiles, yet Americans are fine with that.

Life is more than a death statistic.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
The OP doesn't realize the the ONLY way to FORCE cultural assimilation is through genocide.
Alec
Alec
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I think that an invasion of Africa can save more African lives in the long term then the small amount that died from the invasion.
Alec
Alec
@Greyperrot

"If we can't assimilate the people we already have in this country, what makes you think we can do it in Africa?"  Most people in the US as of right now are assimilated.  If we invaded Africa, already due to the British that in Africa, a majority of Africans live in a country where English is the sole or one of the official languages, so assimilation shouldn't be that hard.  Also, there are other ways of forced assimilation other then genocide, such as nation mixing, where.

And only about 30,000 people annually die from car crashes in the US (https://www.driverknowledge.com/car-accident-statistics/).  Also, car deaths as of right now are inevitable.  If the US invades Africa, there would be relative peace and the death rate would plummet.  Same if we adopted self driving cars, which are inevitable, but that's a tangent.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Alec
are you willing to sacrifice your child, brother, spouse or loved one so that "millions of African children" don't die, how about your own life?  Are you giving all your money, time and effort to help lower the infant mortality rate of African children, you seem perfectly willing to sacrifice  10000 stranger's lives.....
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Alec
"If we can't assimilate the people we already have in this country, what makes you think we can do it in Africa?" 
Most people in the US as of right now are assimilated

Lol, no they are most certainly not. 22% of the population does not speak English, and about half of that don't speak English AT ALL.

Most of the Urban centers of America are subdivided into a great many cultural ghettos where people live completely different from one cultural ghetto to the next.

In fact, America is the least culturally homogenous nation on the planet.

Go ask random people on the street what it means to be American? You will get hundreds of different answers, some radically different.

America has completely failed at assimilating people to embrace the core beliefs of the founding fathers. Liberty and Democracy and Freedom are just afterthoughts to many cultures living in America today.

What a joke claim to say "most people in the US as of right now are assimilated."

The fact that an open border policy is even being suggested in the Congress proves that we are a nation completely beyond the concept of assimilation. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts

fun fact..NIH says 300,000 Americans die from cheeseburgers (obesity) every year.

Alec
Alec
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
The soldiers agree to the risk of their lives being taken.  They have too in order to join the army.  They are fine with risking their life to save other peoples lives.  That's what it means to be a solider.  As for the economy portion, I was wanting the US government to hire people to improve the conditions in Africa so the economy gets better there.  Health conditions improve as Africans inevitably would use this money to upgrade their lives.  They would buy better food, a pump, some medicine and other necessities. I'm willing to sacrifice consenting soldiers to save more people in the long term.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Alec
I believe they join to protect the U.S. and it's interests and NOT sacrifice their lives for other countries.

Oath of Enlistment

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

so I think you are mistaken.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
fun fact..NIH says 300,000 Americans die from cheeseburgers (obesity) every year.

yeah but no one cares about them or the American children who die from preventable things.  What's next you want the U.S. to address citizens killing their fellow citizens???  LOL yeah sure.