Another Point of View

Author: EtrnlVw

Total: 47
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
Your consciousness is learning and watching as the bodies in creation are creating and interacting, the Creator learns through your channel of awareness and experience and that is the investment that God has in this whole deal believe it or not. Unlike popular opinion God does NOT dictate and predestine everything that happens in creation rather your individual experience is fresh and dependent upon your own creative abilities and choices even though you were placed in a specific maze in this particular realm.
That is your experience and that is what you are doing here, why you are here and why you are on a long journey through the created worlds. What you want to objectively learn as an individual soul, is the distinction between what the mind (and emotions) produces and what is objectively real beyond that. If you want to refine your experience in spirituality learn to observe from consciousness/soul and not the mind or emotions, it sounds easy until you try, live by it and apply it. Allow your being, which looks through the mind to settle on another state of awareness which is relevant to that which exists beyond those aspects.
When you transcend the obstructions and hurdles of the physical layers through practice you get to transcend those obstructions in reality or in the God worlds, it's really no different in accumulating greater levels of activity and experiences through greater levels of practice or involvement. This is what makes spirituality objective by nature, it opposes what you as an individual may be familiar with or consumed with and directs your attention elsewhere, to what is objective. 

What is your mind and emotions fixed on? what have you solidified in them, and what are you willing to let go of? true spirituality will always challenge your mindsets and ideologies, what you think and what you accept. Your mind is a machine, it will only reinforce patterns and memories, it does not allow you to experience the fullness of what exists if it controls your output. 

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
Your physical form and body is the most limited and smallest of the experiences you will have in creation period.... Think about that, it is your most outward layer of sense experience and as well your most restricted. Likewise in your direct experience, the physical layer is more restricted than the mind and emotions as they take form. Likewise the mind and emotions are a restriction of your conscious experience as a soul. 
The fun part, is the higher realms are restricted by neither the mind or emotions, which is why you must learn the distinctions and differences to transcend them to experience them. When you experience the God-worlds beyond your individual thoughts and emotions you will be very surprised by what exists and very excited about what your true potential could be. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
Consciousness is the light that turns on the mind, thoughts and emotions.....awareness is what illuminates those aspects of your being. Without an observer... the mind is dead, the thoughts and emotions are dead without you observing them. Likewise with an observer all those aspects are experienced and or controlled....either the mind and emotions control your experience or you control the output of it all. This is the point in spirituality, the objective nature of it as a whole is what you want to pursue. 
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
Omniscience means that God does not learn. There is nothing for God to learn, God knows everything.

We make choices, but God knows what we are going to choose. If that is hard to wrap your head around, it's probably because God isn't really something you are supposed to be able to wrap your head around. Not to discourage the contemplating of God! That is good practice.

God should be worshipped for who God is. It's not about what we get out of it. Remember, gain is not godliness.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Mopac
Omniscience means that God does not learn. There is nothing for God to learn, God knows everything.

I don't argue for Gods omniscience you do. God cannot learn what God has not experienced. That defeats the very purpose of experience, which is separate from knowledge...knowledge (an idea) being that which was never experienced. 

We make choices, but God knows what we are going to choose. If that is hard to wrap your head around, it's probably because God isn't really something you are supposed to be able to wrap your head around. Not to discourage the contemplating of God! That is good practice.

It's not hard for me, it is hard for you. God learns and knows everything in the moment (omnipresent), because that which was never experienced is only a thought. If you can't wrap your head around God don't blame it on others, that is your failure not mine. This is simple stuff... 

God should be worshipped for who God is. It's not about what we get out of it. Remember, gain is not godliness.

God is who He is, I take nothing from that. Your perceptions are your perceptions though... I worship God for who God is and always have. Nothing will change that. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Mopac
What some religious freaks might not be aware of, is that I'm a complete God-lover lol, a God-man...that is my passion and my souls expression and I have no other motive. I have always been in love with the Father and always in love with the spiritual message, as a result I bring it like it is, religion and religious doctrines have no real place in that love and curiosity. Those do not dictate what is true for me or acceptable, God does. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
If you are unhappy with your thoughts and emotions remember they are not who you really are, ask me if you are curious about that....or seek me on another level, I always try to keep an open ear. You are not limited to this experience, there is conscious life on all levels and you can experience that as well. You are not restricted to what you think or feel, they are irrelevant to a much greater reality. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@EtrnlVw
You sound pretty haughty for someone who is claiming to be a saint, or really, maybe something greater than a saint. Your words do not seem to be seasoned with charity.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Mopac
You sound pretty haughty for someone who is claiming to be a saint, or really, maybe something greater than a saint. Your words do not seem to be seasoned with charity.

Where did I claim I was some saint? I said I love God with all my heart and that is my only motivation in anything, I am a God-lover and will always be. If my words are not "seasoned with charity" because they don't tickle your beliefs or theories, that is not a lack of love. Try again. You don't like being told anything outside your "Orthodox" beliefs, that is not my problem. I have plenty of charity to go around...

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Mopac
...Or did you mean "haughty" like as in you telling others they don't believe in truth and or are deluded if they don't accept your specific premises about God? how many members here think you are haughty just from your assertions alone?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@EtrnlVw
Language such as "religious freaks" and "I have always been in love with the Father and always in love with the spiritual message, as a result I bring it like it is, religion and religious doctrines have no real place in that love and curiosity. Those do not dictate what is true for me or acceptable, God does."

Sure does seem haughty to me.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Mopac
Okay, I'll let you know when you make statements that are "haughty" lol. This is a debate site, I will make statements that reflect reality, including myself and my beliefs, label them what you like. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@EtrnlVw
Sounds like more pride.

The reason I'm saying this is because I have read the writings of many real saints, and they specificially warn about people that present themselves in such a boastful manner.

I mean look, you are even declaring that you are teaching God. 

Goldtop
Goldtop
It's side split-tingly hilarious how these folks are completely polarized in their outrageous beliefs yet somehow glean them from the same book and then call sane people deluded. 
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Pussy says what? Queef.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Mopac
Okay Mopac, lemme know if you have anything to add. You don't like the way I present myself, others don't like the way YOU present yourself oh well...anything you wanna discuss here? 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
EtrnlVw is not an Orthodox Christian.

The Bible is a part of our church tradition, so these churches that build their faith with an attitude of sola scriptura are really not getting the full faith. The Orthodox Church determined what books were in the bible. It is ours to interpret through Church Tradition.

EtrnlVw to my knowledge does not even feel comfortable identifying as a Christian. I don't think he likes labels.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Mopac
My foundation IS Christianity, the Gospels of Jesus. However, my beliefs are not limited to just the Bible. That is not how I approach the subject even though that is what I was raised with. I've learned many things in spirituality and I always move toward what is true and what is accurate. Religions do not dictate what I experience or accept. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@EtrnlVw
If I say that what you are saying is unsound theology, you will simply attack my faith.

Well, this is what I think. The Greek word for "will" is "thelema", and based on what you are saying, it seems to me that this is really your god. I don't recognize your will as being God, sorry. A god only in name. 

The God I know and believe is omniscient, and it would be haughty of me to presume to be able to teach God anything.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Mopac
If I say that what you are saying is unsound theology, you will simply attack my faith.

No, you will attack mine. Just as you did below. 

Well, this is what I think. The Greek word for "will" is "thelema", and based on what you are saying, it seems to me that this is really your god. I don't recognize your will as being God, sorry. A god only in name. 

Try again. 

The God I know and believe is omniscient, and it would be haughty of me to presume to be able to teach God anything.

I know, and I refuted that. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Mopac
Anyways I could care less about what you decide to believe about me, perhaps you could argue or ask a question about anything you would like. That might make more of a difference then just dancing around in my thread. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Mopac
You think it is "haughty" to believe that God experiences through your channel of awareness and you've given me no reason to accept that attitude. Knowledge is not the same as experience even though knowledge comes through experience. God expresses Itself through forms in creation and experiences everything right through your experiences. Many believers think that God is so far out of their own district the idea comes across as absurd, but this is in fact the investment the Creator has in all of this, you can be nothing else...it is what you are, what God is.
Goldtop
Goldtop
You don't like the way I present myself, others don't like the way YOU present yourself oh well..
Hmmm... let's see, Mopac repeats over and over the same irrational nonsense that has little if any basis in reality and does not listen to anyone else regardless of how much sense they offer him.

Sounds just like you, doesn't it?

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
EtrnlVw to my knowledge does not even feel comfortable identifying as a Christian
As you can see, ET indeed calls himself Christian yet his beliefs are polarized from yours.

And unless you've been locked in a dungeon your entire life, you'd understand most all Christians think other Christians beliefs are ridiculous. That's why none of them care what you say about your Orthodoxy and how you claim to own the Bible. That's irrelevant to them as it is to atheists.

That's what neither of you will ever understand, that your religion divides both non-believers and other Christians. It poisons everything especially your minds, evidently.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
The Orthodox Church is 2000 years old at least, while the oldest protestant Church is maybe 500 years old at most?

Sorry, any dipshit with a bible can start a church. There is only One True Christian Church, and we aren't in a state of anarchy like the heretical western churches you like to associate with us.

But if you are going to judge unrighteously, note that I associate your atheistic ideology with The Soviet Union, which mercilessly killed millions of my people and tried to eradicate God from the minds of all its people.

Something that, frankly, I don't think you would be too far from attempting if you ever were put in charge of things. As far as I'm comcerned, you have a murderous and anti-human ideology. Scientific Atheism is what the Soviets called it. What a joke!

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@EtrnlVw
I don't believe God invests in things to gain, because with God nothing is lacking. Neither do I accept that God learns, as God knows everything even before events take place.

In Orthodoxy, we teach synergy, which is the interaction between God's grace and our free will. It is better to work with God than against God. Either way though, no man can frustrate God's will.

So if you are teaching something else, I can at least say that it isn't Christianity.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
Sorry, any dipshit with a bible can start a church.
You're trying it with a dictionary.

There is only One True Christian Church, and we aren't in a state of anarchy like the heretical western churches you like to associate with us.
Perhaps, but your church has poisoned the most minds and caused the most damage. as we can plainly see.

I associate your atheistic ideology with The Soviet Union

you have a murderous and anti-human ideology
Im sure you do, what better way to justify your paranoid delusions of people you despise because they don't share your irrational beliefs.

I wonder what atrocities you would commit if give power to kill in the name of your God, like so many others before you.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
So if you are teaching something else, I can at least say that it isn't Christianity.
It's too bad neither of you can actually lead by example when it comes to being a Christian. Both of you talk gibberish.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
You don't really know what I believe, Goldtop. Your lack of charity will forever blind you to it.

But certainly hope for you to one day find true love.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
You believe in myths and superstitions that have poisoned your mind and have taught you to hate and fear others. Seek professional help.