Talk about fake news!! wtf

Author: TheDredPriateRoberts

Total: 10
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts

American Engagement Technologies (AET), a firm run by former Obama appointee Mikey Dickerson, which received $750,000 from Hoffman and was part of the effort to falsely portray the Republican’s senate bid as being supported by the Kremlin.

notice the outrage and coverage by the Left......I mean lack of.

Democratic operatives then created thousands of fake Russian accounts on Twitter and began following Moore, prompting attention from local and national media that falsely suggested Russia is backing Moore’s candidacy.

Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
So you had no problem, when Russia were doing it, and it “had no effect”, and you seem to be outraged now that democrats apparently did it?

I saw this in WaPo, Axios, Politico, and even Fox News pointed out it was broken by the NYT: please tell more about how this is not being covered by “the liberal media”.

This type of nonsense is shitty, and shouldn’t be happening: but I find conservative faux outrage, yet again, the pinnacle of hypocrisy.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Ramshutu
I agree... how is "Democrats rig elections" considered fake news...or even "news" at all? It's literally the very reason why we have Trump for the next 6 years.
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@Greyparrot
Yeah who needs Reality when you can simply spew whatever untrue nonsense you chose.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Ramshutu
Have you read Hillary's book? It's a page turner!
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Ramshutu
I do not find what Russia does the same as what actual citizens of this country do to be the same.  Let me rephrase then, I do not see any elected Democrats denouncing this in any meaningful way, sure there's probably couple here and there who have, but as a political party not so much, considering how they jump on the Russia bandwagon.

fox news is not liberal
WaPo is left leaning but not considered liberal as is Politico.
Axios " slight to moderate liberal bias."

Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
And the NYT
And Buzzfeed
And Salon
And the daily beast

So the idea that it isnt being mentioned in “the liberal media”, is largely hilarious.

it was broken by the Liberal media.

If you want democratic outrage, you’ve seen it bein compares negatively to Russia manipulation by Mark Warner, and it was denounced by Doug Jones who asked for an investigation into it.

Now, this is the type of localized dirty tricks you see in almost every campaign in some way. This pretty small single example in one senate race, broken by a liberal media network and being investigated doesn’t yet warrant wider national democratic rebuke. Especially as it’s 8 days old and there are later and more pressing stories.

If it turns out to be a wider used tactic in the midterms, then I’ll be right with you - but at this point I don’t see it as significantly as the voter fraud by a republican in NC - voter suppression in Georgia, and a multitude of other states, the Republican power grab in states where the governerships have been turned over, or the conspiracy theories, or a gubernatorial candidate saying he was going to stamp on his opponents face, or racist or misleading robo calls in multiple different states. I wouldn’t necessarily expect the entire Republican Party to be forced to rebuke all of themz

If it was a very close presidential race, and being conducted by the Russians, and pretty comprehensive, and involved illegal hacking of various people and releasing their data, and the presidential campaign didn’t denounce it, and pretended it didn’t even happen, and then went on to do nothing about it, then you may have cause for comparison.

Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
Speaking of which, I was VERY surprised to see reported by the Washington Post (of all publications) something that said illegal disinformation tactics may've been used against Judge Roy Moore in his Senate bid. I mean, no sh*t Sherlock, but at least it's a baby step in the right direction.
Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
-->
@Ramshutu
He never said he was okay with what Russia did. Even Trump himself has warned Russia not to interference.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I do not find what Russia does the same as what actual citizens of this country do to be the same.  Let me rephrase then, I do not see any elected Democrats denouncing this in any meaningful way, sure there's probably couple here and there who have, but as a political party not so much, considering how they jump on the Russia bandwagon.
You should be happy that the Demonrats are not able to clean their own house. It will mean no future for them as a party when the bills come due.

There is no "extreme left" when it comes to the Democrat party. Everything is extreme.