Total: 80
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
How do you know Jesus is real?
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
Because The Word of God is The Truth, and I know The Truth is real.

Jesus Christ is The Word of God.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
But how do you know that?

Have you ever had Jesus talk to you?

Have you felt His presence? 

How has Jesus worked in your life?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
I know because that is what Orthodox Christianity teaches, and as I accept that I can see how it is true.

Jesus certainly talks to me, I'd wager that is how I am able to experience anything at all!

It is hard for me to deny the presence, as there is not a thing created that was created apart from Him, enlivened by The Holy Spirit.

To God be all the glory.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
So if you have not really experienced the reality of Jesus in any personal, experiencial way, I don't understand why you believe.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
Of course I have, but how do you know that without knowing who Jesus is?
janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
I would recognise His presence if He came to me.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
Yet it is written,

"He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not."

So would it be that strange for someone to not recognize his presence? Really wouldn't be.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
Yet you claim to. why wouldn't i recognize Him?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
Since you do not see, that shows you do not know.

It is written

"Blessed are the pure in heart, they will see God".

And so that is what you should strive for. Purity of heart.
janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
Not sure how I'm supposed to accomplish that, or even what that means.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
Cleanse your intellect. Honestly examine yourself, and discard the things that get in the way of The Truth. Pay attention to the things that motivate you especially. To purify the heart is to rid yourself of idolatries.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
ok.
WisdomofAges
Debates: 5
WisdomofAges
-->
@janesix
NICE TRY !   As the DEBATE regarding "GOD" as an acronym for G- genius  O- of    D- deception  continues .....YOU and this classic back and forth 

over VALIDATION of some "GOD"  in this case JESUS cannot be debated...the so called BELIEVER is totally HYPNOTIZED to respond with the 
BRAINWASHED response of it is written...the ORTHODOX CHRISTIANITY Clown ?..( some Church parasite preacher, family member, their Comic Book Bible version ? +++ )  no matter..this HYPNOTIZED sheeple slave drone of some ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN CULT that has gotten between his/her ears and is so entrenched in their neural network.......this person's ability to think and reason critically has been completely NEUTRALIZED....JESUS is one of many planted trigger words that will garner the same response...no details...no explanation...nothing will be expanded upon...THE ORTHODOX CHURCH says so...that's it...ZERO...NADA !

You are totally wasting your time and effort with a HYPNOTIZED drone....they are programmed to OBEY..do as they are told...no more no less...
this person is literally a ZOMBIE....and this is why the "GOD" deception / delusion must be revealed...so those not trapped and HYPNOTIZED
will be TRULY SAVED from this horrific CHURCH PARASITE maze without an EXIT....

the same process occurs when MOMMY tells her young child about Santa Claus....the child will argue with anyone who does not agree that Santa is real...cause MOMMY SAYS SO !  .......In that scenario MOMMY is "GOD" an irrefutable source of the TRUTH !   

If the ORTHODOX parasite Vampires said ...YOU DO NOT HAVE A BRAIN...just a direct connection to GOD....OBEY and do as we tell you...it is written in the BOOK of GOD....it says...OBEY the Preacher Clown in the Halloween Glory Gown..for he is GOD.....(at least acts like one !)

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@WisdomofAges
Actually, I came to Orthodox Christianity on my own, I certainly wasn't brainwashed.

I don't think you are treating me fairly or with respect. You seem to have a lot of prejudice.

Goldtop
Debates: 0
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
I don't think you are treating me fairly or with respect.
You come to a public forum calling everyone who doesn't agree with your insane beliefs idiots and morons. You don't deserve respect.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
If you say that The Ultimate Reality doesn't exist, you have certainly adopted a futile position.

I don't care if you respect me. You should respect God. 

Goldtop
Goldtop
I don't care if you respect me. You should respect God. 
Sorry, I don't respect your God.

WisdomofAges
WisdomofAges
Well well, quite a DEBATE ?  not really most responders are flashing 1 to 2 liners that have ZERO substance....

What is obvious is that most humans that attach the word "CHRISTIAN" to their identity know nothing of the
JESUS boy hoax....they are totally brainwashed by expert mind and life molesters who are not concerned
with the wellness of their VICTIM but more dedicated to culling the weak minded human into some CULT

The goal for the PUSHERS (yes like and worse than drug dealers) of JESUS is to HYPNOTIZE the person to
further the Parasite Vampire Church sheeple count...why do you think there are so many CHURCHES ?

for health and wellness...FOOL...to dumb down the masses and create CONFLICT and DISRUPTION...

Only the CHRISTIAN (fake label) with the JESUS ploy have so many different Church types...look up the
hundreds of JESUS abusing CHURCH farce organizations....it's like a plague on humanity...most are 
obsessed with MONEY and POWER...using TV and RADIO to bolster head count and sheeple payments

Try putting Jehovah's Witness, latter Day, 7th Day, lutheran, Baptist, protestant, Unitarian, +++ to many to count
then add the mega church clowns and the TELE VAMPIRES on TV and Radio..WOW ! is right ...no GOD.. 
is so exploited like this Jesus farce...

All of these JESUS PARASITES IN ONE ROOM...and all HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE ! ..as they all fight over 
having to BE RIGHT...and the rest are accused of being false witnesses !    what a JOKE....

Even JESUS would pass out over the utter insanity of what these CON ARTIST LYING SCUM have done in his
name and with his name...

No matter most Christian liar scum will say and do anything to defend their CHURCH CULT...it's that bad
...JESUS NEVER came up with the DOGMA these Parasite Vampire Psychopaths have to control their
FLOCK of FOOLS...

These Vampire Church Clowns in halloween Glory Gowns create the ultimate OUTS for the CHRISTIAN
sheeple drone...no matter what the idiot drone does he/she can repent, confess, be born again +++
then make a donation !   now go home and beat your wife and kids and celebrate with a bottle of whiskey
PRAISE JESUS !   this just one of hundreds of ways the CHRISTIAN LIAR uses Jesus as a scapegoat...

Ever see Buddhist running around condemning people for not accepting them...?  how about the Hare Krishna
...NEVER...and so many other non violent and assimilation obsessed spiritualities...

Christianity is a DISGRACE...the JEWS condemned and set up this reasonable guy in his time as a scapegoat
they accused him of being a false MESSIAH...or that's what they say...perhaps this guy was just a hoax..a way
for the JEWS to gain prominence in ROMAN society and not have to accept the ROMAN GODS ?   Tiberius 
was near the end of his reign...the JEWS were concerned with who was next..they could be targeted and face
the same fate as the CHRISTIANS in the ARENA ?   so focus attention on the fake MESSIAH..one less problem
for ROME .....and JESUS in classic Grand Roman spectacle was EXECUTED...then conveniently disappeared !

Who knows...there were many similar Jesus stories told by other civilizations in the Middle East long before
Moses...the JEWS certainly used many aspects of these stories to build their "GOD"   

They sure did not want some kid to show up and disrupt their fortunes....MONEY was a big factor..the JEWS were
money traders...DAH...who is behind the Global banking system DAH !

Anyway, the point is 99% of CHRISTIANS are HYPNOTIZED slave drones of some clever Church and Bible vomiting
BOZO....they are clueless of history..and brainwashed to shut up and OBEY or be PUNISHED...

Christianity works for the true DUMB ASS...the impoverished illiterate, the peasants, the masses of just plain stupid asses...look at most
of them...IT FITS....they believe whatever some Comic Book Bible farce and BOZO preacher in a halloween Glory Gown  tells them....

It's great theater for weak minded humans....easily HYPNOTIZED to serve and slave over some Jewish kid sacrificed long ago
by his own people....out of GREED and SELFISHNESS.....

the Roman Empire continues....it's cloaked behind the JESUS Hoax......just look closely at the CHURCH evolution...even the word
"GOD" was invented by this Church around 400 AD...used in translation of the hebrew/greek Bible into GOTHIC...prior to 400 AD
YES...that is 400 years after JESUS MURDER by ROME..they coined the word "GOD"  just google and see for yourself...

The word "GOD" never existed for 6000 years + of recorded world history !  the HALAF culture was thriving 6000 BC in  SYRIA-TURKEY-IRAQ
no GOD word existed...from then till 400 AD  6000 years later !    the CATHOLIC CHURCH invented the word !   just like they invented JESUS !

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
How do you know Jesus is real?

I would say there a few factors that indicate this was an actual event, not a fabrication and that Jesus was an actual historical figure. A spiritual Master who came to change the face of religion. And did so. 

1. There is no proven motivation or any reason why some random writers would invent a rebel outcast spiritual figure like Jesus, the outcome and punishments of that time were not worth the effort to do so. Can you give me a legit motive or reason the writers would have had to concoct such a story? when I read the Gospels it seems pretty genuine to me, and most of the arguments I've heard in favor of rejecting them as good evidence are not very convincing. If the Gospels are somehow genuine, then they indeed count as evidence. 

2. I don't think the Gospels would have made it this far if they were indeed a fabrication. 

3. The actual contents of the writings, they are indeed magical. Any spiritual person would recognize the actual contents of the messages are masterful, only a true spiritual Master could convey such a perfect, flawless work, and the writers themselves don't seem to meet that description. Why would anyone not want generations worth of credit and worship? only to give it away to some fictional character like Jesus? 

4. The accounts of the Gospels are very honest and down to earth, they don't come across as being a lie or some fabrication even if the authors made mistakes it comes across as very genuine, just my opinion of course. It just doesn't write like a true fictional story to me. I believe the authors believed what they wrote even if they made obvious errors. Hence, Jesus was most likely real. It's just that the material we have is imperfect and so what? it's all written works of testimonial based evidences. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@WisdomofAges
None of what you say is applicable to The Orthodox Church, which is the true church that has existed since the very beginning. The Apostolic church.

That being the case, you are basically judging pascifism as a murderous ideology because a group calling themselves the pacifists decided to go on a killing spree.

I am here to clear up your misconceptions.
WisdomofAges
WisdomofAges
-->
@Mopac
IF ?  and it is sadly very RARE...that an person who attaches the CHRISTIAN LABEL to their identity is the essence of what this JESUS character
seemed to message to the peasants of his time...

..........The concept of the JESUS message is very simple...it is in line with other spiritual perspectives..i.e Buddhism, Jainism, Krishna, in that
VIOLENCE is not an option in the pursuit of SALVATION/ENLIGHTENMENT ?  and the condemnation of anyone for NOT ACCEPTING his teachings also were NOT PUNISHABLE..

.He seemed to have an OPEN DOOR for any one at anytime regardless of SOCIETY STATUS...no judgement was  ever imposed on anyone who showed an interest in his teachings...all were welcome..this rarely happens without some CATCH by Christian Parasite Vampires

Ultimately his message resonated with the INDIVIDUAL THEMSELVES becoming a point of LIGHT...a POINT of INSPIRATION.....without
attaching anything to others regardless of how they respond to them,,,,all are welcome...NEVER is FEAR-INTIMIDATION-VIOLENCE an
option in the offering of goodwill...and good health...of their MESSAGE ..no church..bible...dogma VOMIT necessary..EVER...

........in essence JESUS is not the go to entity in which all must fall on the floor and beg for salvation...that is the stuff of the PARASITE VAMPIRE
PSYCHOPATHS of most Churches who seek POWER and CONTROL over those they have HYPNOTIZED into their CULTS...and ultimately pass
on this... "DO as we say and OBEY or be PUNISHED".. insanity....JESUS himself would be PISSED at this total abuse of humanity for using him this way....

YOU are the LIGHT and the WAY.. not as a GOD or playing GOD...but just for existing and facilitating this GOODWILL without ATTACHMENT...
and not by VOMITING his name and forcing others to capitulate to their control and validation using his name as a buffer tool...

SADLY 99% of the so called CHRISTIANS are nothing more than HYPNOTIZED sheeple drones conditioned to OBEY some idiot that plays GOD
..especially those Parasite Vampires that VOMIT Bible verse garbage along with obsolete Dogma to destroy free will thinking and living and enslave
weak minded humans into servitude of a Church CULT...

JESUS becomes their scapegoat...used as the fall guy for everything...they totally abuse and miss the point of JESUS MESSAGE...control is what
these VAMPIRES want...of your mind and life....

NEVER once in any FORUM has a so called CHRISTIAN spoke the language and resonated as a POINT OF LIGHT.....point of inspiration without
judgement and attachment to anything.......N E V E R...

Just petty FOOLS who use Jesus and their Parasite vampire Church programming and hypnosis to argue..to create conflict...anything to prove they are RIGHT to anyone
that does not agree with their idiotic brainwashed responses....THEY are TOTALLY faithless...just actors on the Glory stage...FAKE as EVER !

JESUS spits on these con artists who use his name for EGO gratification...they are narrow minded and hypnotized...and have no message...or 
BELIEF....just playing games with the MINDS and LIVES of others....the essence of a PARASITE VAMPIRE....

You know nothing of your JESUS message...a pawn of this Parasite Vampire Church...nothing more....in DARKNESS you are...BLINDED by their
brainwashing and HYPNOSIS.....

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@WisdomofAges
Are you an automated machine or do you actually have a normal, thought out objective here? you seem fixated on a certain formation of paragraphs, words and phrases and never do you sway from it. It's quite disturbing actually. Shock us all and write something different, for Gods sake something, anything....and perhaps pretend the caps lock key is broken. It's hard to read anything when one is being screamed at constantly. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@WisdomofAges
Look, I will simplify it for you because you are clearly very confused.

Christianity is Truth worship. Our religion is built around worshipping The Truth. 
Now you can go from here in one of two ways. You can presume you knoow, and in your lack of charity dismiss what I say and continue to deceive while being deceived, or you can consider that maybe I'm telling you the truth and there is something very integral that you are missing.

Goldtop
Goldtop
Are you an automated machine or do you actually have a normal, thought out objective here? you seem fixated on a certain formation of paragraphs, words and phrases and never do you sway from it. It's quite disturbing actually.
You just described yourself.

WisdomofAges
WisdomofAges
-->
@Mopac
TRUTH WORSHIP ?   Sounds like the essence of a concentration camp...to obsess on some DEITY....or a CONSTRUCT = a human fabricated
perspective....which can be a person-place-thing...

Example: Jane worships skiing...snow skiing...and loves to try new techniques, different terrains and resorts globally....this is her TRUTH...
her connection to Nature, Skiing, and after with family or friends out and about in some Ski Village...she has ZERO interest or affiliation 
with any GOD or Religion.......Z E R O ...

......TRUTH ?  whatever YOU attach this word and its meaning to _____?______is a human construct...somewhere in time YOU were
exposed to INFORMATION...what YOU choose to do with that information is entirely up to YOU...whatever and whoever has and is influencing
how YOU process INFORMATION resides BETWEEN YOUR EARS...

So if YOU attach some meaning to some DEITY...(Jesus)  and/or WORSHIP him and the DOGMA some Parasite Vampire invented and attached to him...........SO WHAT...good for YOU...

What about the Jehovah's Witness ?  Latter Day Saint ?  Protestant ?  Catholic ? Coptic ?   all of these claim to be CHRISTIANS....do YOU share the same TRUTH ?   do they share the same TRUTH...if TRUE there would not be all of these different CHRISTIAN FACTIONS...

Would YOUR Jesus approve all of these different CHURCH groups ?  

YOUR interpretation of the word TRUTH in a so called CHRISTIAN context is pure HYPNOSIS PSYCHOSIS...you have and are BRAINWASHED
to accept a TRUTH which is not everyone's TRUTH...

No human EVER needs to accept YOUR construct of Christian TRUTH....and most do not...which makes YOU and YOUR Parasite Vampire Church a minority...7 BILLION HUMANS don't give a CRAP about YOUR brainwashed Christian TRUTH...

YOUR ....Christian TRUTH ?   so what take it to your grave....and YOUR Heaven..... or HELL ?....if your not as RIGHTEOUS ...as YOU ACT...

NOW for the REAL TRUTH....no HUMAN ever needs to be validate and approved to EXIST and DIE by some brainwashed Christian TRUTH 
preaching Parasite Vampire...or their Parasite Vampire Church CULT...humans are extraordinary LIFE FORMS not some dumbed down HYPNOTIZED sheeple zombie servants of some human fabricated DEITY and Comic Book Bible...

The best TRUTH is for every human to choose what to BELIEVE or NOT....with total OPEN MINDED FREEDOM....no FEAR-INTIMIDATION-VIOLENCE..no OPPRESSIVE mind and life crushing DOGMA...no need to go to some glorified building with a label...no need for PREACHING CLOWNS in Halloween Glory Gown Costumes....living well and healthy does NOT require WORSHIPPING some twisted GOD/Bible/Church interpretation of the word TRUTH

......Flush your fake Christian TRUTH down a toilet...or just keep it between YOUR ears so others do not SUFFER it's OPPRESSION

This is the DISEASE so called Christians spread...no uniformity at all just made up GARBAGE using some MURDERED and long dead Jewish 
guy...condemned by his own people for being a FAKE...FAKE...MESSIAH for the JEWS...

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@WisdomofAges
Believe what you want to believe.

It isn't what I believe.

WisdomofAges
WisdomofAges
-->
@Mopac
....No one gives a crap what YOU BELIEVE....

The word DEBATE is about a discussion ...opposing views...not ....I BELIEVE and you don't ?
"GOD" says so...?  this is the response of the truly IGNORANT....the hypnotized sheeple drone
that truly has no background or historical reference to anything...just the MIND MOLESTING
PROGRAMMING the parasite Vampires of some Church CULT planted between their ears.

They truly know nothing of the historical timelines of the Ancient civilizations of EARTH..

They are truly pathetic completely writing off 8000 years of Civilizations ...reducing all that 
is and ever was to some beyond insanity Middle East GOD hoax...especially the JESUS
imbeciles and the Muslim psychopaths....both are dedicated to assimilating truly stupid
people with FEAR-INTIMIDATION-VIOLENCE tactics...in life and death !   

The stuff of Comic Book fantasies realized...the parasite preachers of Jesus and Allah
are the epitome of  MIND and LIFE molesting psychopaths for power and control

and YOU are the perfect example of the LIMITED ability and capability of DEBATING
your position.....Ok ....go back to your closet and pray for salvation....
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@WisdomofAges
What you say I believe is not what I believe, so that invalidates your argument.
janesix
janesix
-->
@WisdomofAges
What ancient civilizations?