Divine will

Author: janesix

Total: 27
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
How do we know what it is that God wants?
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
Collectively or individually? one answer is easy the other not so much. The dynamics change drastically depending on which one. 
janesix
janesix
-->
@EtrnlVw
If you have the time, can you elaborate on both.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
...ouch lol. I'll start with individual. 
This is simple because remember at one level you are already doing what it is that God AND you desire and want. This however, does not mean your experiences will be perfect, not at all. Because the main thing you want to look at is the only thing God could really want from you is for you to improve yourself. This could mean many things, as improving ourselves is a continual cultivation and our experiences we go through help to establish this. As a teeny expression of God, you are here to learn about this part of yourself and since at a spiritual level we will always be "alone" this is why it is you that are the key, learning about who you are and what it is you want out of creation. 
Since you won't be hearing any voices of course, you will be relying on your own self-evaluation. The objective part of this through spirituality, is that there is plenty of objective information that could help you contrast your own experience with what is more accurate or what you should be aiming for. And of course there are many ways of obtaining this. 
One way of knowing what it is we need to improve is obvious and connected to Karma. When you begin to see faulty, cyclical patterns and repetitious destructive behavior these are the things that define our strength in circumstances and the aspects you want to look at about yourself. Basically since you are the one driving the car, you are the one that knows yourself best. The fun part, is that there is much to learn that you don't know, even about yourself but as you cultivate these things will unfold for you. 
janesix
janesix
-->
@EtrnlVw
I do feel that God wants us to improve ourselves. I don't believe though that we are just God in disguise, playing hide and seek with ourselves. I think we are seperate beings. I have never had an experience where I felt one with the universe,or connected to everything. I did have the experience where God wanted me to look at my behavior, so I know He is concerned with that. God has spoken to me in the past, I am waiting for Him to speak to me again. 

Have you read any Alan Watts or Stanislav Grof? Might be interesting to your views.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
I do feel that God wants us to improve ourselves. I don't believe though that we are just God in disguise, playing hide and seek with ourselves. I think we are seperate beings.

Once you understand the nature of consciousness which is much like energy, then you cannot deny that what you are made of is identical with the Creator. However, the individual soul gets to become whatever it wants. Basically the individual soul becomes its own creator and even though you and God are essentially one, your personality will become its own thing through experience which is where perceptions come from. As long as you maintain your bodies in creation you will always be you, you are learning from your own experiences and you actually never lose that. those experiences remain with you on a conscious level whatever form you are observing through. 

I have never had an experience where I felt one with the universe,or connected to everything. I did have the experience where God wanted me to look at my behavior, so I know He is concerned with that. God has spoken to me in the past, I am waiting for Him to speak to me again. 

Remember what I keep saying about the layers that cover the soul. I keep bringing that up because you ARE connected with God at one level, of course that being the highest level. Your lower bodies are what make you feel separate from God and they are in a sense. But your core is not separate from God. Your experiences will not always be the same, so make sure you don't let that control what you allow yourself think and believe. 

Have you read any Alan Watts or Stanislav Grof? Might be interesting to your views.

Not yet, anything in particular you would like me to look at?
janesix
janesix
-->
@EtrnlVw
The Book on the Taboo Against Knowing who you are -alan watts

The cosmic game- stansilav grof
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
K, thanks.
janesix
janesix
-->
@EtrnlVw
Both books are based on Vedanta, which you are probably already familiar with
WisdomofAges
Debates: 5
WisdomofAges
GOD ?  the word invented by some Roman Church clown in 400 AD ?   

So "GOD" the word....is some DIVINE SUPER ....MAN..... BEING ? 
Can't possibly be FEMALE....NO WAY says the Middle East Jesus and Allah ...'GOD" vampires....

OK so this "GOD" guy has a name...except for the JEW GOD...the Jews don't refer to his name ? 

"GOD"  the meaningless word attached to...

1  JESUS... is this the "GOD" your debating about ?  So "GOD" righteous experts ......................what does this JESUS   want ?
2  ALLAH....?  another guy...a neighbor of JESUS !    ...................................................................what does this  ALLAH   want ?
3  JEW........?  yet another guy...talked to Moses...seems like he knows what he wants................what does this ______   want ?    name not used ?
4  VISHNU..?  here is one from India...been around way before the others mentioned.................what does this VISHNU  want ?
5  ZEUS......?  yes, another guy...the Greeks worshipped and built temples and stories............... what does this ZEUS     want ?

Oh, ZEUS is not a "GOD"....why ? ...he was for the Greeks...well that does not matter...ZEUS is now a part of Mythology and is no longer a "GOD"
at least .....not a "GOD" like the other 4 mentioned.......Oh, so did ZEUS like retire ?   or just run off and leave his WORSHIPPERS stranded ? NO
none of these events occurred...ZEUS was relegated to mythology by his human worshippers...they did not want him as a "GOD" anymore...but.........
they did want him for THEATER-MOVIES-TV-BOOKS +++ other forms of entertainment...REALLY ?  Zeus is a "GOD" not some puppet toy for
humans to PLAY with at least it seems "GOD" is OMNIPOTENT - SUPREME - IMMORTAL....well not all "GOD"s are ....many just come and go
and are forgotten or not worshipped anymore...IT"S a HUMAN THING.....well, it all sounds totally absurd....like some Comic Book Fantasy....

Believe as YOU wish...just remember "GOD" is watching YOU......ok, whatever...seems like this "GOD" stuff is truly the stuff of CLEVER HUMANS !

SO now what ?   "GOD"  the word is an old man made construct from the 4th century AD..used originally for the JESUS ? ...a jewish born boy who turns into some MESSIAH...that his Jewish people decide is a FAKE and demand his execution ...Rome murders him and later makes him into a "GOD".....so JESUS must be the only TRUE GOD of GODS because the Roman Church says so....OK...GOT IT...DONE DEAL !

WAIT !   shouts the Muslim...."GOD" is great....and it is "GOD's" will ....ALLAH's WILL...there is no other "GOD"  ..................?   

Well now, it seems that there is a CONFLICT among these "GODS" ?  each claims HE is the ONLY GOD ?   and each has different demands his
HUMAN creation must ABIDE BY...or...or....or WHAT?   what will "GOD" ...not some human Vampire Parasite do...to those who do not accept him ?

.....? why isn't the whole of humanity AWARE and WORSHIPPING this ?  this ?  creator of creators...this SUPER BEING...creator of billions of
GALAXIES and TRILLIONS of WORLDS and infinite space ?   all that IS , was, and will ever BE ......not just show himself...and level the field
so all of HIS CREATION will do as HE ( this man thing guy )  demands of them ? 

OH, does this MAN "GOD" have a wife or girlfriend ?   he is a guy....RIGHT...  
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
The Lord God is One. Love God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. Love your neighbor as yourself.

On these 2 commandments rest all the law and the prophets.

Go with Christ. Abide in The Truth. The Way.

janesix
janesix
-->
@WisdomofAges
You still never answered my question about ancient civilizations. Unless I missed it somehow? 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@WisdomofAges
The Ultimate Reality is God, there is only ONE.

Contemplate on what that means.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
Yeah I love that source. One of my favorite spiritual sources. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@janesix
How do we know what it is that god wants?

We join a religious group

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@janesix
Everything in the universe is one. You cannot tell me where you end and a table starts. If you look at our universe bird's eye view and all the way down to atoms... you will see everything is one. So it is logical to think we are all god, if god is everything. However, i also believe we have individualized within the source or god. Maybe that is what you are experiencing. You aren't experiencing the full length of god, but i don't think many do bc we do not stay and/or wouldn't stay as god for very long. Although it will probably be bliss, it would also be fear... well, it would be everything simultaneously which is why i believe we have individual higher selves to transcend the feeling / negatives of being a solipsistic type entity when we are all god. Next step would be to experience after you have individualized. Which this would be one of your experiences. Why? For everything you love about this world, for everything this world has strengthened you with, or even for the negatives or doing negatives to this world. This i don't know since you have your own reasons for being here. Mine are likely different. 
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
Seems to me this is another way to endure life as it is, believing that what happen to us, either good or bad, is God's will.

I prefer the buddhist way, it makes more sense.

Il Diavolo
Castin
Castin
-->
@janesix
How do we know what it is that God wants?
We don't.

Assuming one has accepted God's existence in the first place.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Outplayz
You cannot tell me where you end and a table starts
If you can't tell that then you need serious medical intervention.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@disgusted
Give me proof where something ends and something else begins in quantum states... other than your mental perceptions of it being separate.  
WisdomofAges
Debates: 5
WisdomofAges
-->
@janesix
Allah says OBEY or DIE...simple as that....now report immediately to the nearest MOSQUE and surrender yourself to the will of ALLAH...

or...you can fall on the floor and surrender to JESUS, repent, confess, ...simple as that.....

yes, there are other "GODS"  none are true...all are FAKE...but JESUS and ALLAH are real...just ask any Christian....or Muslim....

No need to speak with "GOD" face to face...just ask any Christian...they will do everything for YOU to accept Jesus......simple as that !
Same goes for ALLAH..just ask any Muslim they will take care of YOU !   

Just surrender your mind and life....and BELIEVE what YOU are told...and how to think and live...for GOD...through the Church or Mosque
they will be your guide for LIFE...just OBEY....think not ask not ....OBEY....easy !
janesix
janesix
-->
@WisdomofAges
still waiting to hear about those ancient civilizations......
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@WisdomofAges
I don't think it is fair to compare Mohammed's religion of death and subjugation to the life giving religion of Jesus Christ.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Mopac
I don't think it is fair to compare Mohammed's religion of death and subjugation to the life giving religion of Jesus Christ.
'Fairness' is not served by calling Islam a 'religion of death' and Christianity 'life giving' at the outset.

Christianity is not life giving.  It is life negating by settings its value at naught compared to a false promise afterlife.  It's al about getting your own  worthless soul into heaven - in Christianity doing good is only a means to that selfish end and even doing good is not mandatory - simple belief in esus isenough according to some.

Islam is not a religion of death but it teaches the correct repsonse to violence is not to 'turn the other cheek' but to fight back in defence of one's brothers and sisters.  Islam values life - it does not consider life merely a prelude to afterlife.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@keithprosser
First of all, that doesn't describe my faith.

Secondly.....

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Mopac
Many Muslims interpret apostasy akin to treachery - a consequence of its failure to 'seperate church and state'.  Many countries have the death penalty for treason.   I do not believe islam is all-good, but neither do i think it all bad.  My problem is that you spoke out of two sides of your mouth by complaing about 'fairness' without being fair yourself.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@keithprosser
That is a load of garbage and you know it.