interior castle

Author: janesix

Total: 39
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix

In her book, st teresa describes the seven levels of the soul, and how to reach God through prayer and meditation. What she is describing are the seven chakras. 
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
I'm very impressed Jane, I don't know who this is really yet but the way she writes and illustrates is incredible. It's weird how much it reminds me of many things I wish to communicate and do in some ways. Man, if people only knew how incredibly dynamic the Creator is and how many experiences the soul can have that most people are unaware of. That's what I love about God and spirituality, there is so much we don't even know yet, we're still wallowing around in the lower parts of creation with no clue how expansive our experiences could be. Each one of you is the key, remember that!
I keep bringing up the progression of the souls journey, all you people are in for a long, long journey. You ain't going nowhere when your physical body gives up. You might as well start thinking about it now. 
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@EtrnlVw
You ain't going nowhere when your physical body gives up.
That bit's right.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@keithprosser
You know exactly what I meant. You are here to stay, there ain't no disappearing. Like I said you might as well start thinking about it now. 
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@EtrnlVw
I have thought about it.  Life is good, but it ends and that really, really sucks.  I'm peed off I won't see how global warming works out or see humans on Mars (probably - I'm getting on a bit) but I might have been a 15th century peasant so it could have been a lot worse!

The world seems ok without Steve Jobs and David Bowie, so it won't miss me.

janesix
janesix
-->
@keithprosser
Boy are you going to be surprised.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@janesix
Alas there is no way to demonstrate who is right.

janesix
janesix
-->
@keithprosser
You are probably in your deep state of slumber for a reason
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@keithprosser
I have thought about it.  Life is good, but it ends and that really, really sucks.  I'm peed off I won't see how global warming works out or see humans on Mars (probably - I'm getting on a bit) but I might have been a 15th century peasant so it could have been a lot worse!

Too bad you've given up for no real reason. Why? who told you this is what your end is? why do you assert that?

The world seems ok without Steve Jobs and David Bowie, so it won't miss me.

This is one life, one body and one experience. Those souls who inhabited those bodies only lost their physical forms. As you, will exit this body and continue your experience so has everyone else. Your individual journey is loooong….brace yourself :)

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@EtrnlVw
um,  I think you are all being extremely silly.   Consciousness disappears if a few micrograms of anaesthetic gets into its gears; do you seriously contend consciousness can survive the brain rotting into smelly mush? 

I - what ever 'I' refers to -  came into existence at my birth, I will cease to exist on my death.   I will experience no more of the future than I have of the billions of years of the past.   Non-existence is strange to contemplate - certainly it's unsettlng.   We've evolved to fear death because that fear helps keeps us alive.  But that doesn't men death isn't inevitable and final. 

But if you want to believe there is afterlife, by all means do so.  You will not know you are wrong,  and if you are right you have an existence longer than the life of the universe to look forward to, as Pascal pointed out. Try not to get too bored because there's no way out.   Death is preferable to infinity.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@keithprosser
um,  I think you are all being extremely silly.   Consciousness disappears if a few micrograms of anaesthetic gets into its gears; do you seriously contend consciousness can survive the brain rotting into smelly mush?

Lol, absolutely, what you see in the physical world or the changes and decomposing of material forms is irrelevant to consciousness period. Did you really believe that your little mushy sack of brain creates your being? come on mon, give it more thought or ask questions for Gods sake. The brain is nothing more than a component, it confines your experience to this body. 

I - what ever 'I' refers to -  came into existence at my birth, I will cease to exist on my death.   I will experience no more of the future than I have of the billions of years of the past.   Non-existence is strange to contemplate - certainly it's unsettlng.   We've evolved to fear death because that fear helps keeps us alive.  But that doesn't men death isn't inevitable and final. 

Wrong and TBH I'm sick of being told spirituality is based on fear sorry but that assertion ain't gonna fly any more. Non-existence is easier to swallow than life after death. Complete death of consciousness is comforting to a degree, because you don't have to evaluate all the implications involved so don't be such a doubter all the time. Ask me questions...ASK me what I'm afraid of don't tell me, think you can handle that?

But if you want to believe there is afterlife, by all means do so.  You will not know you are wrong,  and if you are right you have an existence longer than the life of the universe to look forward to, as Pascal pointed out. Try not to get too bored because there's no way out.   Death is preferable to infinity.

Did you think what I know is based on beliefs and not experience? that sounds like yet another assertion because I don't have to "believe". Consciousness is never destroyed, only bodies are. Eternity is something that is a reality and nothing anyone can change it's the nature of the game. In other words it doesn't matter whether or not I like it. But God does Its best with what can be done in creation to make it worth while and perceptions that make us believe we are just temporal developments of nature. Not so son, but it does help those like you to cope with an eternal reality. I have been pondering it quite awhile so I'm used to the dynamics and realty of it. Hiding behind things is not what is going to help matters or spiritual progression. It is best to think about it, consider it and then deal with it and more importantly experience it.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@janesix
But you won't. You'll just be dead.
janesix
janesix
-->
@disgusted
How do you know that?
disgusted
disgusted
@ET
Too bad you've given up for no real reason. Why? who told you this is what your end is? why do you assert that?
3 billion yrs asserts it. Accepting reality in place of living in a fear that requires a life of fantasy belief is not giving up, it's liberating.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@janesix
3 billion years.
What do you have?
janesix
janesix
-->
@disgusted
3 billion years of what? 
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@janesix
dying
What do you have?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@disgusted
Congratulations, it took you 3 billion years to learn physical forms pass away. Where's Ethang? can the class say _______
janesix
janesix
-->
@disgusted
Yeah, organisms die. so what? That things die is no proof that the mind doesn't go on after physical bodies die. 
disgusted
disgusted
Congratulations you have yet to learn that physical things are the only things that exist and when they die they are dead. Prove me wrong, I have 3 billion years of evidence what do you have.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@janesix
I'll ask again. What do you have? 200,000yrs of wishful thinking.
janesix
janesix
-->
@disgusted
Believe what you choose. You will eventually come to realize reality is much different than you thought it was.
janesix
janesix
-->
@disgusted
Nobody has any "proof" of what happens after death. You certainly don't. 
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@janesix
What did you say you had? I must have missed it.
3 billion years of evidence says you're wrong.
janesix
janesix
-->
@disgusted
May he go forth in the sunrise boat
May he come to port in the sunset boat
May he go among the mperishable stars
May he journey in the boat of a million years
linate
linate
-->
@EtrnlVw

do you think there are or will be intelligent life outside of human beings in the universe?

do our eternal selves ever become anything than human? 

do our eternal souls or selves have an appearance or image? 

what do souls generally look like? 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@linate
do you think there are or will be intelligent life outside of human beings in the universe?
Yes sir, absolutely.
do our eternal selves ever become anything than human?
Your soul has a progressive nature to it, you are also steered by your own desires believe it or not. Which is fine, or you can wake up from that and experience much more. Your call. However, your conscious soul is never limited to any singular form. Human is only one material form.
do our eternal souls or selves have an appearance or image?
The soul itself is much like a flash light or a source of light, your soul is more like light than a physical object. Your conscious soul shines through the mind and body, looking through the physical form like a mask. However, when you were individualized you were sheathed in layers, or coverings. These coverings are plural not singular. Your physical body obviously looks like it does, but your four other covering are called subtle bodies, they are what some describe as a spirit body. When you leave the physical body your next layer will be the astral layer, this layer is much finer and lighter than the physical body. You will still resemble yourself in a way, but you have a spirit body, look really young and vibrant.
what do souls generally look like?
Like the sun. But spirit embodiments look translucent, beautiful and yet full of color. The bodies themselves though are very light weight, like they can float. Really awesome and really cool.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@linate
It may sound strange at first, but the soul itself must be stepped down and confined to a physical form to take on an embodiment, otherwise it is just a conscious light form or being. Since the soul itself is of the same substance of the Creator it must be individualized and enveloped into bodies, like a cage or a shell. This is what confines your experience to one particular anatomy and experience. Without form you are one with the Creator, this is pure conscious awareness with no form or embodiment, just your conscious activity. So the soul is distinct from spirit bodies and a human body, or exists independent of them, when talking about "images" or forms we would be referring to your subtle layers, not the soul itself. As I said, while the soul has no form it penetrates like light would, it illuminates what you put your attention on. 
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@janesix
Ah yes, imagination and desire.
janesix
janesix
-->
@disgusted
You failed to address my post.