Surrender

Author: janesix

Total: 18
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
What does it mean to "surrender" to God, or God's will?
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
What does it mean to "surrender" to God

It means to place yourself in a position before God where you're willing to just let go. It's also an attitude adjustment really, most of the time we're not surrendering to things, we're being skeptical, judgmental, doubtful, picky, distrustful, suspicious, hesitant, sneering ect ect especially with things and circumstances we are unfamiliar with. But in all serious this is God, the Big Guy, you can't play games with the Big Guy and now is the time to stop playing Mr. Knows it all and understand we as individual souls are basically pea brains compared to the Creator and so this attitude of letting go is more like you would with a lover or someone you admire greatly.
Someone you admire greatly you rarely doubt, and certainly aren't distrustful or always skeptical. Same thing with God, there is no use putting up walls and other things so one must as well just approach God ready to fall in love with the most amazing aspect of themselves and knowledge that is so vast we just have to surrender to it at some point.

It's okay to be skeptical as you enquire and learn new things as you put things together and examine all the information and evidences but at some point this has to transform into the real deal, not just some beliefs and superficial nonsense. And to make that happen you must put yourself in another position away from the attitudes I listed above. Of course spirituality is a progression and so keys like this just help the progress unfold. Faith is actually trust and confidence and not empty beliefs, so while confidence does establish itself through experience obviously you have to extend some trust in order for that to happen. Just like you would with anyone you were interested in, it has to be a two way thing, need to be willing to let your guard down ect ect...there is no sense in hiding or keeping anything back from the Creator, so it is better to make yourself vulnerable by surrendering. It's gonna happen anyways especially when a person decides to commit to this. 

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
Do the right thing. Love The Truth over all things. Be charitable. Shun idolatry. Purify your heart. Don't think of yourself as being something great. God is great. Abandon pride.

Rest in The Truth. The armies surround you. Make God your fortress, and let God fight your battles.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
It seems to me we should fight our own battles. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
Are you saying that you are God?
janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
No, im saying we should fight our own battles. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
Vanity is a behemoth that humbles the strongest of wills.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
I'm sure ti is, but I wan't talking about vanity.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
Yet that is the behemoth you will eventually face with that outlook.
janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
why? I don't think God wants me to be a coward.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
One doesn't have to be a coward in order to lose morale. One doesn't have to be a coward to be overwhelmed by a stronger foe.

Abide in The Way. The Truth. In The Life. Let God fight your battles. Strong as you may be, you are not stronger than God. 

janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
I never claimed to be stronger than God. And I ask God for help when needed. I don't see anything wrong with that. But you are saying "let God fight your battles" and it seems like you mean it in a general sense. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
Things that are difficult for us alone become easy with God. If your heart is in rebellion, it will make things harder for you.

So to surrender to God is to purify the heart. If you take on this struggle in spirit and in truth, God will help you. The mountains will melt like wax. The armies will be stricken with confusion and fall before you. The titans will fall. The dragons willl be slain.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
Maybe. 

I don't know God well enough to know what he wants of me in that regard. I DO know he wants me to think about my behaviour.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God"

And that is why in every way, this is a right undertaking. It will shed light to everything. Purify the heart.

In fact, this is the spirit behind Orthodox discipline.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
I try to be the best person I can be. I sometimes am an asshole on purpose. I am trying to get over that. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
As long as you are trying, God recognizes that.
WisdomofAges
Debates: 5
WisdomofAges
SURRENDER ?  to give (oneself) up... into the power of another ...especially as a prisoner = the appropriate definition  for this DEBATE ? (farce)

PRISONER of the G O D construct...= G-genius  O- of   D-deception....a strategy used by Parasite Vampire Psychopaths
who are obsessed with CONTROLLING OTHERS....(it's a game for them)

Weak minded humans are targeted for HYPNOSIS "GOD" PSYCHOSIS....the
Parasite Vampire uses smooth tactfulness...acting like they BELIEVE and have
themselves SURRENDERED unconditionally to "GOD" ?.... some identify the
name of the "GOD" they surrendered to...many do not..they count on what has
been done for them..( the word "GOD" is on of the most successful BRANDS..
ever created by HUMANS)

A marketing BRAND which no human agrees on which GOD is the real GOD ! 
 There are so many versions (hundreds to thousands over 8000 years of
 recorded humanity)  the word itself "GOD" was invented by a Roman Church
 clown  in 400 AD ...he twisted words from Eastern Germanic (now extinct)
 that had nothing to do with some SUPER BEING CREATOR...it sounded 
  good...and the Parasite Vampire Catholic Church Psychopaths ran with it !

SURRENDER the Parasite Vampire declares...and YOU will be saved ...YOU
will be accepted by the IDIOT GOD that created the MURDEROUS HUMAN
DISASTER in the first place !  (real smart this GOD ? is to create this HUMAN
FRANKENSTEIN obsessed with self extermination !) 

Only a TRUE PSYCHOPATH molester would create something this retarded...
then tell it that it has freedom to choose? ...then demand that it SURRENDER
 itself UNCONDITIONALLY to the creator or be PUNISHED and SUFFER !   

SURRENDER ?  YES ABSOLUTELY, just grab a Bible or Koran Comic Book
go sit on a TOILET and declare " i SURRENDER to the ALMIGHTY GOD"
and when "GOD" arrives............

DON't FORGET to FLUSH !    this is the TRUTH of what these Parasite
Vampire Psychopath mind and life MOLESTERS are all about...= SHT....

HUMANS are the most extraordinary LIFE FORM on this planet...these pathetic MIND and LIFE sucking Parasite Vampires of some Church or
Mosque CULT could give a crap whether YOU are DEAD or ALIVE...you must OBEY and serve them...the play "GOD" and scapegoat the word
"GOD" to get away with MURDER...

#1 = murder of the OPEN MIND...this is their greatest threat...a THINKING HUMAN !

#2 is literally use FEAR-INTIMIDATION-VIOLENCE including executions against those who do NOT SURRENDER....just Google "Atrocities of the Roman Catholic Church"  do the same for the so called radical ISLAM psychopaths...the whole context of ALLAH is OPPRESSION

FACT = No human EVER needs to be validated and approved to EXIST-THRIVE-DIE by some Psychotic Dogma humans attached to their fabricated
Comic Book "GOD" hoax...

Always KNOW ...the TRUTH = YOU are a unique and extraordinary LIFE FORM with amazing abilities and capabilities...NEVER EVER accept that YOU are anything BUT ...AWESOME !   these parasite Vampire Psychopaths want to own YOU then trash YOU when you no longer serve their needs

......These Vampires that insist YOU SURRENDER ?  say YES,      i SURRENDER no more wasting MY TIME and  EFFORT with some PARASITE
VAMPIRE con artist....