janesix
I am trying to quit smoking again today

wish me luck
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@janesix
good luck! You’ll feel much better for it!
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
I do indeed wish you that my friend, one day you will be able to look back on it in disgust but I know it is hard to get there. This might sound stupid but go watch a scary heart surgery or someone getting their neck cut out....it helped me rise above the urge to keep smoking when I would picture those types of things. The health risks outweighed my wanting to smoke a cig eventually. It also might help to pick up another higher conscious hobby like something health based. 
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
I've been feeling very irritable for the past couple of hours. It's very much not something i feel often, not even in a quit attempt. So I will just concentrate on dealing with irritation, which is relatively foreign to me. At least it isn't normal to feel this way for Hours, that's for sure. I will try to be nice to people, even ef i don't feel like it.

I apologize for the atrocious spelling etc, i seem to not even be trying lately. 

irritation levels should peak around the end of day 2, so i have a ways to go. i havent had a lot of cravings, luckily. but i dont feel normal, i feel like i am missing something, and i am.
janesix
janesix
Nine hours. The crap has already started. When i try to rest or sleep, the negative, almost painful energy courses through my body from my abdomin to my chest. I get stuck in the theta state between dreaming and wakefulness. Bad memories and thoughts plague my mind, cycling through from one to the next very quickly. i can't sleep or rest. In two hours i will try again. 

This is not normal problems of quitting smoking, but it happens every time. ive only made it to five days at the longest.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@janesix
Reduce, don't cold turkey... I don't understand the point of CT, you suffer more and are less likely to succeed.
janesix
janesix
-->
@RationalMadman
I just want to get the worst of it over. don't want to drag it out
janesix
janesix
I slept like shit last night, literally waking up over 20 times. otherwise, i feel ok. just tired. i havent been craving too much. i made coffee, will slowly cut down over the next week or two. 
janesix
janesix
24 hours. i feel ok, tired though. i spent an hour or so trying to nap. i feel somewhat weird,don't know if it's a spiritual thing, or a lack of sleep thing. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
Whoohoo keep goin, you can get through it. 24 hours is pretty good.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@janesix
Ill support you. 
janesix
janesix
-->
@Vader
Thank you, i appreciate that
janesix
janesix
47 hours, almost two days. 

Right now I'm feeling some mild to moderate feelings of unpleasant energy stuck at my third chakra, the solar plexus. It's not even nearly as bad as other quits though, this one has been easy (comparitively) so far. I might make it this time. 

It's been ok I guess. I can't sleep at all. But it just feels like normal insomnia, there is no energy that is waking me up, as far as i can tell. i sleep for only a few minutes at a time. i wake up about 20 times a night. i had a nap for an hour on the couch. felt really good. 

strangely enough, i had about four to five hours of feeling of relaxation and peace. it felt like it came from God. I had this same feeling the first night too, for about a half an hour. the first night it was stronger, and definitely felt like a spiritual experience. I'm not sure what to make of it. 

I have had almost no cravings
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
Thanks for the update, man if you get through a week somehow you will basically have it in the bag, just have to beat the emotional tug when it comes. Keep truckin! third day almost up!
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
strangely enough, i had about four to five hours of feeling of relaxation and peace. it felt like it came from God. I had this same feeling the first night too, for about a half an hour. the first night it was stronger, and definitely felt like a spiritual experience. I'm not sure what to make of it. 

Makes sense to me, you've been seeking lately and thinking about spiritual stuff and enquiring....quitting smoking is just flowing right into it all that direction. I think you will be proud if you keep it behind ya and can make it through. Yet another conscious level up for you.

Vader
Vader
keep informing us about your quest
janesix
janesix
I finaly got some sleep last night. i woke up a few times, but not like the first two nights. i am feeling a little irritable, but i guess that is normal. I made it to day three, o I know that's a good thing. 
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
After three days the physical cravings are over. After three weeks you will see a huge decrease in the psychological desire to have one. After a year food will taste normal again which will seem odd but you have no idea how much flavor your missing. For every year you don't smoke you cross out a year you smoked. If you need to chew on something like a straw or pencil. It helps.  
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@janesix
When I quit smoking I was not very happy for the first week. 

I ain't going to lie though, to this day I still get a split second itch when I smell cigarette smoke. 

janesix
janesix
I think ive made it past the worst part, im starting to feel more normal, and less obsessive about it.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@janesix
that's awesome, my grandamother (when she was alive) quit after something like 60 years of smoking.  Went to one of those group hypnosis things which really isn't as it sounds.  They watched videos of how tobacco was processed, including the rats running all over it and doing their business on it, there's little to no regulation about that I'm sure.  It's sometimes enough to gross people out and make them quit. I've seen more than my fair share of lung cancer patients and other related complications, it's nothing I would ever consider taking up.  Best of luck to you, if this is what you want bad enough you will succeed there's no doubt about that.

40 days later

Vader
Vader
-->
@janesix
how are things going?

81 days later

Pinkfreud08
Debates: 17
Pinkfreud08
How are you doing? Did you stop for good?

34 days later

Club
Debates: 26
Club
Whatever you do, DON'T VAPE...
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@janesix
did you try nicerete gum?  It allows you to quit smoking without giving up on nicotine.
Club
Debates: 26
Club
DON'T VAPE
Outplayz
Outplayz
Take it from someone that has been addicted to a lot of shit... It's not about "quitting" ... it's about becoming its master.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@janesix
I would like to smoke but then I can't be bothered to buy cigarettes. Be like me or not. Your choice. 

On a serious point. Go to a doctor and ask. They are a professional and can have the help you need. My not professional opinion is to smoke less until you don't really need it anymore. Say for instance you smoke 5 every day. Next day try to only have 4 so on so on. If that doesn't work I would urge you to go to a doctor. If you don't want to I would advise being addicted something less harmful. 
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@janesix
How ya doing?