Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Start up a convo bc I am bored
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
2 things I would like to address:

1: RM blocked me for some reason.  I don't think he is justified.

2: Please contribute to the form below:

Vader
Vader
-->
@Alec
Don't get upset you hurt RM's feelings. He acts tough but on the inside he is a s squishy as a stress toy
Alec
Alec
I really don't like RM.  I debated him 2x and his arguments don't make much sense.  He moves the goalposts a lot.  I told him voting shouldn't be required and he thought that somehow was pro dictatorship.  Given that he doesn't vote on every single debate, it kindof makes him a hypocrite.
Alec
Alec
-->
@Vader
I thought of a way to solve the Greek economic crisis in a way you probably won't like.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Alec
I'd like to hear it
Alec
Alec
What if Greece sold some or all of their land to a foreign country to pay off their debt?
Vader
Vader
-->
@Alec
That would be idiotic because they own no valuable foreign land
Alec
Alec
They influence the Aegean Sea.  Turkey might be interested in controlling the Aegean islands.  Also, controlling Greece would result in a GDP increase of whichever country decides to do it.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Alec
Greeces islands have lots of importance behind it. Greeks are resilient to Turkish as they were under it. They have differing views and different religions that HATE each other. They would not let Turkey control Agean Islands. The most they can do is take Cyprus, but Greece would be triggered
Vader
Vader
-->
@Alec

Turkey isn't even in the EU, it would't make sense to sell them it. 
Alec
Alec
Greece could sell the Aegean islands or their entire country to a nation other then Turkey.

Vader
Vader
-->
@Alec
That's not smart 
Alec
Alec
Why is it not smart?  Some nation gets bigger and Greece loses it's debt.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Alec
Well you are completely forgetting about Greece for paying it off. Greece was a huge culture to the world, your just gonna let it go to waste? WE DON'T WANT TURKEY BIGGER BC THEY HAVE COMMITTED HUMANITARIAN CRIMES. And you can't just sell a country, especially if it is a big enemy

This is not smart. 
Alec
Alec
What if Greece sold their land to a nation other then Turkey?  You cited their culture, however how is culture in general even important?  If the Greeks lose their culture, what ramifications would exist?  I'm curious.  What would be wrong with that?  The BoP is on you.  I knew you wouldn't like my method of solving the Greek debt.  You stated that they already paid it off, but I would like a source to confirm this claim because their debt is increasing(http://www.usdebtclock.org/world-debt-clock.html)
Vader
Vader
-->
@Alec
Selling off an entire country means they are under that rule and physically won't have debt at all. Also your are just saying that Greece is pointless when it is the reason we have so many technological advancements. These tech advancements are caused by Geometry, Trig, etc. Also they are the lead exporter in Grapes, Wine, fruit, vegetables. Without Greece, america would be an obese shithole
Vader
Vader
-->
@Alec
No other countries care about the Aegean Sea other than Greece or Turkey.

You'rw damn right I don't like your idea. It is idiotic, and will eliminate Greece
Alec
Alec
"Selling off an entire country means they are under that rule and physically won't have debt at all."  Isn't Greece eliminating it's debt a good thing?

"Also your are just saying that Greece is pointless when it is the reason we have so many technological advancements."  When you were worried about their culture being lost, I thought you meant the language.  I believe that language and culture are very similar and almost interchangeable.  I meant to ask how was the Greek language important in modern times and this is what I thought you were defending.  I think that Trig, Geometry, the Pythagorean theorem etc is important stuff but how is the language part of their culture worth defending?  

"Also they are the lead exporter in Grapes, Wine, fruit, vegetables."  They can still export these things under the rule of another country.  Under capitalist US rule, they probably would export these things in greater quantity.  This may be a crazy idea, but since I am kindof a neo imperialist, what if the US annexed Greece?

"It is idiotic, and will eliminate Greece"  My idea could turn Greece into a US state/territory eventually and this could help eliminate the Greek debt due to American businesses improving the economy in the area.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Alec
Turning Greece into a territory is more realistic as long as Greece keeps their culture, which I doubt that will happen if it were.

Plus America DOES NOT wan't to get involved in that mess right now

The best solution is to feed high skilled workers from America to Greece and ship their refugees to America. Greece rebuilds economy and refugees have a WAY better life

Alec
Alec
"Turning Greece into a territory is more realistic as long as Greece keeps their culture, which I doubt that will happen if it were."  If Greece were a territory, I imagine there would be 2 official languages on the peninsula (English and Greek).  Since about half of Greeks can engage in an English conversation, I imagine that English would be prominent within Greece. As an American, I would prefer more assimilation in Greece in order to prevent the Greeks from separating on the basis of cultural/language differences.  The US already has to deal with a Puerto Rico separatist movement on the basis of language differences.  History rhymes.

"The best solution is to feed high skilled workers from America to Greece and ship their refugees to America."  Why would America agree to sacrifice good workers for refugees?  I might be okay with what you propose if Greece agrees to become a US territory and an eventually a US state.

The US, while currently the world's strongest economy, is predicted to slip to #2 because of China.  As a result, the US needs to expand it's territory if it wishes to remain #1.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Alec
But English is known and it is spoken in Greek. They know it very well. And why would you assume Greeks would seperate cultures? There has been no tensions in the history between those groups as a united nation.

Your idea is bogus because you don't know much about Greece and haven't been there. I've seen what is like. They live hard lives with money. They don't like people controlling them.

Plus you don't understand the system, Greece would have to be a permanent state of America for them not to be owed money. You're causing a cycle of debt to occur making them a state. They won't join or will get EU involved to stop America. The only way it would work is if HSI workers swap with Greeces refugees?

Also who's to say refugees can't be skilled as them with education opportunities
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@Vader
Wouldn't having cameras everyone greatly reduce violent crime? 
Vader
Vader
-->
@Outplayz
Who is monitoring the cameras?

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Vader
The police and military. Or an organization we make once we get to this point where we can have cameras everywhere. And whoever is doing this job is obviously under camera too, so ultimately, the public makes sure they are doing there job right. So... the public would also be monitoring. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@Outplayz
To some extent it would, but invasion on human privacy is a moral wrong
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Vader
But shouldn't humans want it? It would greatly minimize their family or friend being raped, murdered or imprisoned? But don't get me wrong. In order for this to work... we would literally have to change all of our laws. The only things we should be looking for are crimes that in some degree fall under rape, murder and imprisonment. For example, degrees of imprisonment would be torture, a pyramid scheme, and people beating someone down. Then we would have to also have degrees. A fight between two people shouldn't be looked at as something that gets you locked up (also depending on situation), but 4 people beating one random person down should be punishable. If we redefined are laws to only look for these things in society... wouldn't it be a benefit and greatly reduce these crimes if we all worked together to stop them? 
Vader
Vader
-->
@Outplayz
I really don't feel comfy with the government seeing everything that I personally do. It is creepy to mem
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Vader
Even if it meant getting rid of evil?
Vader
Vader
-->
@Outplayz
Then more evil would be caused because of the cams too...

Every great thing can have downfalls. If a police officer had a grudge on someone and wanted to kill them, they could do it anytime