Random Night Talk

Topic's posts
Posts in total: 39
--> @Outplayz
To some extent it would, but invasion on human privacy is a moral wrong
--> @SupaDudz
But shouldn't humans want it? It would greatly minimize their family or friend being raped, murdered or imprisoned? But don't get me wrong. In order for this to work... we would literally have to change all of our laws. The only things we should be looking for are crimes that in some degree fall under rape, murder and imprisonment. For example, degrees of imprisonment would be torture, a pyramid scheme, and people beating someone down. Then we would have to also have degrees. A fight between two people shouldn't be looked at as something that gets you locked up (also depending on situation), but 4 people beating one random person down should be punishable. If we redefined are laws to only look for these things in society... wouldn't it be a benefit and greatly reduce these crimes if we all worked together to stop them? 
--> @Outplayz
I really don't feel comfy with the government seeing everything that I personally do. It is creepy to mem
--> @SupaDudz
Even if it meant getting rid of evil?
--> @Outplayz
Then more evil would be caused because of the cams too...

Every great thing can have downfalls. If a police officer had a grudge on someone and wanted to kill them, they could do it anytime

--> @SupaDudz
Then we would all see and lock the person up. The more you lock people up... the less and less there will be. At one time, we can even almost completely get rid of evil people. Remember, with this method we are focusing on and working together to get rid of evil people. Eventually we will get them all. But lets say it does get rid of evil completely... would you be okay with the cameras? 
--> @SupaDudz
Also remember... technically, no one needs to be monitoring the cameras. So no one will be watching you do your private things. They will only be looked at when someone does one of the evils. 
--> @SupaDudz
Scratch that last comment... i just noticed that you would need to monitor for certain crimes. So question still stands, would you put up with giving up privacy to get rid of evil? 
"They don't like people controlling them."  What's wrong with them being a US territory if they can't maintain their economy?  It benefits Greece because it solves their debt problem.  It benefits the US because it expands our territory and GDP.

"Plus you don't understand the system, Greece would have to be a permanent state of America for them not to be owed money."  I don't know what is wrong with making them a territory with the long term goal of making them a state.

"will get EU involved to stop America."  The EU might not care because they have paid Greece huge loan amounts and Greece no offense is a economic burden to the EU.  Europe might be fine with the US taking over Greece due to the fact that Greece costs the EU a huge amount of money and degrades the value of the Euro.

The only way it would work is if HSI workers swap with Greeces refugees?

Also who's to say refugees can't be skilled as them with education opportunities

Some refugees are skilled, some aren't.  What would the USA have to gain from trading HSI workers for refugees?  That might happen if Greece becomes part of America.  If Greece were American, their economy would skyrocket.  Look at what it did for Puerto Rico.  They have the highest GDP per capita in Latin America.  American influence to Greece could make it the richest area in South east Europe and maybe even one of the strongest GDP per capitas in all of Europe.  An american ally to Greece would also intimidate Turkey and the Turks would be scared of it.

--> @Outplayz
How would you know someone is doing an evil if not monitored all the time
--> @Alec
The EU is not in good standings with America. They would rather deal with Greece themselves.

It doesn't benefit Greece going under control of a nation. You are just ignorant to the culture and want more land to themselves. It is a problem like I said because Americans only focus on them. It would do America more good than Greece and end up plunging Greece if they separate. Again with your debt, they will owe the USA a lot for this and plunge into more depth when they release them. There is a lot wrong making them a territory. You are putting full control over a power nation, Greece loses it's culture, because you Americans just want more

So you are saying that these refugees can not learn to the same extent as the HSI workers with the right education? You don't need Greece to become a state of the US for it to happen period. We are strong allies with the USA and they will willingly do so. You would be under Donald's Trump supreme leadership if it were not Democracy.

--> @SupaDudz
I know, i changed that opinion up. However, you don't have to always be monitored. For instance, if you have a good record than you start to be monitored less or something like that. But you're right, you will be monitored. But the question still stands: Would you be willing to give up a little privacy in order to get rid of evil? 
--> @Outplayz
I think you are not getting rid of all evil by having yourself. 

Use this example.

You want to be the best shape you can be so you eat work out everyday, and after you eat a crap ton a food. You will eventually gain weight or lose very little. The same thing applies here. A temporary solution is not gonna fix crime entirely

Crime will reduce, but not get rid of all evil.

Would you rather sacrifice privacy for a minimal reduction in crime
--> @SupaDudz
Would you rather sacrifice privacy for a minimal reduction in crime
What i'm proposing is a wildly different world than we know. You have no idea if it would truly get rid of evil or not. Of course, not all evil bc there will be new evil... but, it has the potential to keep evil at bay to the point it will be greatly minimized / almost non-existent. But then again... i don't know. This is a wild hypothetical. It seems to me it could have the potential to greatly reduce it and not just "minimally" reduce it. But you might be right too. 

For your hypothetical... "minimally" reduce it... no i wouldn't give up my privacy for it. But under my hypothetical, greatly to almost non-existent... i would gladly give up my privacy. That's what i mean / am asking, so how about you?