Debates: 0
keithprosser
-->
@disgusted
G:  Hey! jesus!
J: What now, Dad?
G:  Take look at this!
J: What's that?
g:  My latest.  I call it a kangaroo.  See.I put a pocket on the front...
J: It's rubbish.
G: You don't like it?
J: It's just a big rabbit.  You haven't made anything good since the giraffe.
G: Well maybe if you lent a hand once in a while...
J: Dad, I told you i don't want to be a god.  I want to be an accountant.
G: Your my son - or you will be when i create a suitable mother - and you will do as I say.
J: <mutters>
g; You said something, hmm?
J: I said 'Where are you going to put it'?  Somewhere well out of sight, I'd recommend.
G: I thought that big dry bit near the bottom.  It's just wasted space at the moment.
J: Ok.  I'll crate it up and take it down.  As usual.  That's all I ever get to do around here.  Hey. Why don't you make something a bit more like us? In our image, sort of thing?  A species that can talk and maybe needs an accountant?
G:  Son!  That's brilliant!  I'll get right on it.  That could be better than beetles even!

disgusted
disgusted
I can't help but love some Poms.

59 days later

crossed
Debates: 62
crossed
i am assuming that people believe that the kangaroo pouch is meant to hold the baby joey

if you believe that god does not exist and that the universe is created by a bunch of chemical would not those chemicals have to think  and say hay this kangaroo does not have a good way to carry its baby i better give it a pouch so that it can hold its baby's

if you believe that the universe is created by chemicals you can not believe that that the kangaroo pouch was designed to hold the joey because chemicals can not think thus they can not creates something to compliment another thing.

kangaroo is proof of intelligent design.

whats the difference

a pair of pants has pockets so that it can hold things this was intelligently created by humans

the kangaroo was intelligently created with a pouch so that it can hold its baby this was done by god

what makes a pair of pants intelligently created and not the kangaroo

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@crossed
Living things on earth have to compete with each other for such things as food and shelter to survive,  but even the winners will die of an accident or old age.   The species that survive must reproduce, which they do by making copies of themselves; the copies being similar but not quite identical to the original.  The offspring also have to compete and it is the variants that compete best that survive to reproduce the most.

It is a phenomenon like no other on earth; there is no good analogy or metaphor for life - nothing in our experience is quite like it.

For that reason, we develop no reliable intuition what that process will lead to over hundreds or thousands of generations.   I can well believe some people can't accept that complicated life-forms can come about by the Darwinian mechanism of natural selection acting on the naturally occurring variation between similar but not quite identical self-reproducing individuals.  There is nothing like it to serve as a handy parallel to aid the imagination to visualise Darwinism operating over thousands or millions of years - life is unique.

But evidence is out there that no matter how counter-intuitive Darwinsm is, it is what happened.

It is imposible to demostrate what Darwinism can do over the span of millennia in front of anyone's eyes - unless they are prepared to wait millennia!  But evolution on a smaller scale is easy to see.  It has very real consequences, such as the advent of anti-bacterial resistance.

I accept that it's not easy to visualise how a kangaroo (or even a microbe) can come about by a Darwinian process.  It is conceptually very simple, but deeply counter intuitive - that is why no-one thought of it until Darwin (and the unfairly neglected Wallace) just over 150 years ago.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@crossed
So a tailor tried to make trousers and ended up with a Kangaroo, incredible. Do you think that story would convince a five year old.
crossed
crossed
-->
@keithprosser
the people who created the movie genesis is history make a good point

dna has a a repairing system that helps prevent mutations

so it would be impossible for animals or humans to change over time like Charles Darwin described

crossed
crossed
-->
@disgusted
i merely compared the pants to the kangaroo. to help with understanding
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@crossed
Can I ask, do you look exactly like your parent? Like EXACTLY. At any point in your life, did you look exactly, photographically indistinguishable from your mom or dad?

Maybe another way to ask it is do you believe that it is possible to breed dogs selectively? Let's say you like black labradors, but you like them with shorter tails so they're not constantly knocking stuff down with their joy. Do you think it is possible to selectively breed black labs for shorter tails?
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@crossed
The article gives the impression that all errors in DNA replication are corrected; that isn't quite true.  Replication errors are reduced to very low levels, but not completely eliminated.   It is estimated there are about 130 mutations per generation.

Many cancers are caused by uncaught errors in replication.
Castin
Castin
-->
@disgusted
I'm after a godly explanation.
Why is that.

crossed
crossed
i am well aware of the dna mutation problem this generation is facing. because of the food we eat heavy metals and wifi and 5g wifi. and i am aware that we have about a thousand dna damaged every hour but there are lots of things that contribute to most of that damage. even without these mutations do occur but there mostly bad and there are almost never any good mutations like your evolution.an example of a good mutation in case i would call it good is when we become immune from taking prescription drugs and they no longer have an effect

aclymide a is formed when sugar is cooked over 325 degrees so its in all food causes DNA damage  
https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/diet/acrylamide-fact-sheet 

heavy metals when in body mutate genes  

smoking DNA damage

and wifi can damage your DNA especially g5 internet it looks like it would end humanity 

our body are designed to stop these mutations   some still happen but there is absolutely no way that there would be good mutation like evolution owls lives at night so it grows night vision. almost if not all mutations that happen to our dna is bad. good mutations rarely happen and its not going to be like a turtle becoming humanoid and learning the way of the ninja.

a monkey evolving into a human is like saying a turtle evolving into a humanoid ninja fighting turtle. i hate the teenage mutant ninja turtles stupidest show ever

crossed
crossed

keithprosser probably believes that we need to create medicine to treat great disease. and to create these medicine would require men of great IQ to make these pills like scientist  pharmacist and doctors to create such drugs. but what if i tell you that the chemicals that you believe created the universe has out performed these men of great iq and have created plant with medical properties that out performed pills that took years to create. how would a bunch of chemicals create medicine that is better than scientist unless those chemicals were god.  

an example of great medical property in plants is how turmeric roots heal brain damage. can scientist or doctors do that how can chemicals that you believe created the universe do this it would have to be god. 

turmeric stops DNA damage

a study was done to see which fruits and vegetables boosted the dna repair system in our body the fruit that ended up boosting our dna repair system were lemons apples cellary broccoli  and others. for an example lemons cut dna mutation errors during the day by half and helps prevent mutations. 

plus when you eat spinach and tomato together it creates medicine hat repair DNA. i personally call these food combos because there no name for how god created  a plant properties to complement another plant. 

another food combo is lemons and green tea when you drink green tea with a lemon in it the green tea antioxidant are 5 times stronger

plus if eating dna repair foods remove mutations. by eating these foods like apples lemons turmeric would we not turn back to monkeys since these foods repair and prevent mutations

crossed
crossed
i forgot to souce the tumeric healing brain damage

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@crossed
Hi pal.
Can i ask. How old do you think earth is ? 

Mister_Man
Mister_Man
-->
@crossed
kangaroo is proof of intelligent design.
lol, "I personally don't know how this thing came to exist, therefore there is undeniable absolute proof that an infinitely powerful and knowledgable absolute being exists which consciously created everything in existence with intent and design."

Sorry, I'm not buying it.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@crossed
hey crossed .
All these guys think monkeys turn into humans. 
Lets laugh at em.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
One must not forget that the kangaroo has walked the earth for some 6000 plus years now.
Thats plenty of time to evolve

crossed
crossed
mister-man welcome to the argument. if you read my first post on this forum i simply said the creator would have to be able to think. and i explained why.

deb8a bull i do not know how old the earth is but i don't think its realistic to say it is millions of years. i personally believe that we can see the age of the earth by the age of the mitochondria eve female.

the mitochandra eve is the female that everyone  can trace there ancestor to. each time a mom gives birth she leaves record of that mother in the mitochondria eve and the mothers before her.so we can see the records of your mother mother mother mothers all the back to one female and everyone can trace there ancestory to this one female. scientist have tried to dismiss her as the first female and say but we have bones of older humans but these bones have been proven false beczuse they were just a mixture of human bones with monkeys bones.

so my  theory is if we count every female in a persons family tree lets say 20 years per female all the way back until we get to one female that everyone can trace there past to we should be able to get an accurate reading on how old the earth is.

mitochandria eve video

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@crossed
Whatever school you're attending they're teaching you nonsense. Try dinosaurs.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@crossed
Why would we presuppose that life was designed at all? Perhaps life, like the formation of the first hydrogen atoms, just happened. A natural consequence of cause and effect? The trutg is tgat we do not know where life came from but appealing to a bigger mystery does not solve the mystery it only pushes the question back a step.
WisdomofAges
Debates: 5
WisdomofAges
-->
@secularmerlin
LIFE ?  an extraordinary opportunity...to experience a unique life form...HUMAN....no other like it to compete with
sadly IT is its own DESTROYER...therefore IT (human) is a mutation...a genetically modified species from a 
lesser evolved species....SO OBVIOUS !   

Present day human form (over 10000 - 100,000 year timeline) is not a natural evolutionary occurrence ....a more advanced space faring
Alien Species has developed this present human form...as humans now modify other species both plant and animal...

Dogs and cats are bred by humans...as are HUMANS were modified and bred by an Alien Species.....like Dogs and Cats
that keep some behaviors of less developed versions so do the HUMANS....animal behaviors like attack, threaten, domination,
predator,+++ are all embedded in the present day human model...

Many humans are truly a sub species underdeveloped form...just GOOGLE EARTH a view of Africa-Asia-Americas ++ were the
humans are under developed MORONS desperate to exist in a world that is leaving them behind to rot and die off....

Religion-Government-Business-Technology has relegated these sub species humans to experimental and expendable...
Syria-Palestine-China-N korea-Africa-S America-+++ have to many IGNORANT...MENTALLY SQUANDERED HUMAN
ANIMALS...they are trapped...and being weeded out of existence....POVERTY-OPPRESSION-DRUGS-DISEASE-
NUTRITIONALLY STARVING- WAR....all deliberately created to cull and reduce the masses...

By the end of this century 5 billion humans will have been exterminated...the goal is maintain under 2 billion...educated...comfortable...
innovative...free from oppression-war-disease ++++ the morons are dead and gone....looks bright going forward....

A lean..intelligent..innovative...creative HUMAN LIFE FORM .....healthy....existing in harmony on a green engineered infrastructure

Ego....wealth building....asset accumulation = IRRELEVANT....these times now are new century turnover times...the baby boomers
will be extinct...the following generations are aging...after them is a new frontier of humanity that leaves the others behind....

LIVE NOW...a healthy existence...your time here on EARTH is limited...no Government - Church - Business has anything to do
with your brief experience in this life form that is so important that YOU compromise YOUR EXISTENCE over them.....

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@WisdomofAges
Settle down that's too much for me to even address. At a certain point whatever point you are trying to make gets list in the vitriol.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@WisdomofAges
Many humans are truly a sub species underdeveloped form
You would know, being part of it and all, wouldn't you?

Aww are you offended? Watch what you type and consider that not everyone is confused by your ALLCAPS and brain-damaged grammar. I know exactly what you're saying and suggesting us to do to all Christians, Jews and Muslims. I understand your message fully and if you keep it up, you will learn who RM is to the site and it will not end well for one of us.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
A big shout out to Noah For giving us all these wonderful animals.
To Noah !

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
O man of Shuruppak, son of Ubartutu:
Tear down the house and build a boat!
Abandon wealth and seek living beings!
Spurn possessions and keep alive living beings!
Make all living beings go up into the boat.
The boat which you are to build,
its dimensions must measure equal to each other:
its length must correspond to its width.
Roof it over like the Apsu.

Epic of Gilgamesh Tablet XI,Sumer c. 2100 BC.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@keithprosser
No homosexual animals allowed. 
He knows his animals does Noah.  

No but God making animals, it's one job making animals but he must then place the animals on the board.
Oval shaped board. 
You can only imagine how many animals died during this process. 
From giraffe after giraffe drowning to Arctic zebras not taking. 
Good game.
Good game.

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Sometimes I have wicked thoughts that the Noah story might not be entirely true.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@keithprosser
Don't you say them things. 
No but i to have thoughts sometimes , like i picture Noah's 750th birthday bash was fancy dress come as your fave animal. 

Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@disgusted
Variety.