Your boss is a dick

Author: Nd24007

Total: 32
Nd24007
Debates: 0
Nd24007
My Boss was asking me to get into this program on the PC we have. But i'm unfamiliar with this new program, mostly Bec it not my job nor my responsibility to handle software work. (BTW We have a technician for this. But No he had to ask me). So he was irritated that I didn't know what I was doing.  And then “he ask me well you when to college right?” I responded Yes but haven't finished yet. Plus I added to him this isn't my expertise is at. And then I ask him well you went to college and got a bachelor's degree. He didn't like how I responded to him thou.

So he made me do extra things like more invoices and more paperwork and more talking to the guests. What a fucking prick… and then he told me to stop being on my phone so much. I really hating him… he just want to feels like he in control so he start pushing his weight around. It so tiring sometimes… usually it not at me but yesterday it was in full force.  

Nd24007
Nd24007
Oh yeah, and today he was no better. He kept on telling me to get off my phone. And yet he doesn't even do anything. Sure he my boss. But that doesn't make it right for him to be a complete fucking asshole. Shit I'm getting extremely underpaid for the crap I have to do. He knows what I'm taking in college so he uses me to do his or someone else's payload. Fucking prick….

Nd24007
Nd24007
To add to this miserable day. My freaking boss making me stay for another two hrs. .. 

Fucking A... 

Now triaffic Will be a nightmare. The 5 freeway and the 405.. Of course the day I didn't take the train. My boss have to make me stay.  What a horrible afternoon..

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Why are you on a phone at work?
Nd24007
Nd24007
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Oh so we have a goodie good shoes over here... 
Never break the rules...

Look the real reason I'm on my phone because it literally boring. Actually half my time is in the back doing invoice and doing what I'M not getting paid to do... So that half my problem right there.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Nd24007
Doing your job is not being a goodie two shoes. It's doing your job. You are getting paid to be there. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Nd24007
Train? 405 / 5... sounds like you live in Los Angeles. There are 100s of jobs there... just start looking for a new one. Or, put up with him. I have found to play ignorant and feed this type of persons ego is the best manipulation technique. Just pretend you didn't know and that he is teaching you. Play being very nice and innocent. Once you get it down, you will have him in your hands. 

My boss is literally the definition of a dick. But i have him wrapped around my fingers and he doesn't even know. He thinks he is in control when in reality... i am doing whatever i want, when i want while he gets a false sense of control. Dick's are the easiest to manipulate. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Yeap live like an ex con. That will be great for those around you. 
Nd24007
Nd24007
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Yes I'm there to get paid… But I'm getting underpaid. The things I'm doing for this company  isn't under my job description. I shouldn't be doing things higher up without getting compensate. But in fact that what I'm doing. The bosses there don't care too, as long as they get what they want on a little cheaper labor.

The only reason I'm still there is Bec I need the money. And once I'm done with school, which is a year out. I will not work at this place again. Maybe at another place, but that's about it.

You would be mad as hell too. If your boss were taking advantage of your ability and you really not getting compensate for doing the advanced work...

Nd24007
Nd24007
-->
@Outplayz
Well usually me and my bosses are fine..

It was just a few days ago at a little meeting we were having and my phone went off. It was in the middle of him talking, so he just stop talking and then stared  at me. Btw I just literally clocked in and my boss wanted to have this stupid meeting that meant nothing.. Anyways that's how it started this time.

And no good can't leave this job. At least not yet…

Yes I do work near Los Angeles. Actually I'm about 25 mins away with traffic more or less.

And unfortunately this boss I'm referring too, it no reasoning with him.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
I'm an adult , I don't expect the world to revolve around me.

Nd24007
Nd24007
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Congratulations!

Good for you.

I'm adult too.

I only saying my boss shouldn't be acting like a complete dick. It really is unnecessary...

If you wanna put up with that then fine. That's on you...

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Nd24007
Don't have to. I have a great job with great co workers. 
Nd24007
Nd24007
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Well good for you...

Unfortunately I'M not in your situation...

I unfortunately have to deal with a dick boss and the co-worker well I have nothing really against anyone there. Only the Management I'm having issues with...

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Nd24007
You make your own misery. 
Nd24007
Nd24007
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Wrong...

If your boss say  you have to stay even after your work shift is over. That not me creating this problem. I'M not getting paid salary. I'm only getting paid hourly right now.

So again I'm not creating my own misery.

And my boss making me do advanced work load above my paid grade again not me creating this misery..

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Nd24007
And unfortunately this boss I'm referring too, it no reasoning with him.
You don't want to reason with him. You want to minimize how his dick attitude affects you. If you play the role of giving him the power, or an illusion of power, then he will start feeling bad giving you a hard time. Maybe not feeling bad, but it will sort of be like a child adult thing. An adult holds back when reprimanding a kid bc he doesn't want to hurt the kid. It's sorta similar to that if you set things up right. Of course, some people don't care at all... but you will have to measure that and switch things up accordingly. I have found through experience, the best thing you can do at work is make sure you set up a persona that is hard to scold. Most jobs will have this work politics. You will always be better off if you learn how to play it in your favor. 

I'm glad your boss isn't always a dick... that's annoying. I've had a job like that and till today it's the worst place i've worked. But i didn't know all this manipulation and work politic stuff... so i was hurting myself everyday trying to go at it heads on. So i know how hard and bad for your health it is going heads on... and most importantly, it never works out for you. Just take this as advice. But if this job isn't one that you think you will be there forever, it's a good idea to start practicing these methods while you are there. 
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
I find it ill-advised to say all these things about your boss WHILE at work. Better on your phone than on the company's Wi-Fi, but both are probably not a good idea.
Nd24007
Nd24007
-->
@Outplayz
Well no this isn't my long term job. LoL
I would do something horrible if it was...  Lol

Thankfully there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I can see it. :)

Only one more year of schooling once I get started again...  And Even before that I'm planning on leaving this job way before then.    

I probably will try some of these...

Either thou I doubt there would work on him. But I can always try. 

Nd24007
Nd24007
-->
@Swagnarok
Of course I won't say these things out loud at the work place... LoL

But if we remain on back terms which I can very possible see I will tell him off once I do finally quit ...

And I used both my data and there wifi.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Nd24007
Either thou I doubt there would work on him. But I can always try.
Well that's good. But remember, it's not something you can just do. This is a skill that you have to develop and practice. Unless you are a natural at it of course. I was, but even then... there are things that i had to read and learn to get it better. I'd just recommend staying conscious about this work politics thing. Just noticing it in general will give you a slight upper hand. 

Nd24007
Nd24007
-->
@Outplayz
Thanks for the advice...

Although I have to admit I do know there's work politics, I just never cared to get into them. I wanted to just stay away and not get involved.   Either thou it just about impossible to escape from it... I sure you know what I mean... 

And yes you are right it not something that I can just do. I have to learn more about it and then try to apply it in the work force. 

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Nd24007
Sounds good. And btw, i don't mean get into the politics of your work. Stay away as much as you can from that. I guess i named it incorrectly. This is more a power thing. There is a really good book called "the 48 laws of power" that explains what i'm talking about. It's one of the best books i can think of. An interesting read too bc it gives you real life examples of the methods. 
Nd24007
Nd24007
-->
@Outplayz
Hmm. Sounds good. I will for sure look that book up and go from there.

And yeah I know to stay away for "work politics" all it leads to is trouble...

You are absolutely right this issue is a "power thing"issue.

BTW thanks...

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Nd24007
No problem man. That book will really make you rethink the world. Just be-careful... you might feel like it is evil at first, but trust me... people do the things in the book to you all the time. It's good knowing it, and being able to do it if you have to. Good luck. 
Nd24007
Nd24007
-->
@Outplayz
Again thanks..

I will try to get a hold of that book as soon as I can. Then perhaps I will tell you how I though of it some time this year... :)

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Nd24007
You can read through it really quick if you only look at what the laws are. Those are pretty short explanations. The bulk of the book is stories that show the rules at work in real life. So you can learn what the rules are in a day. To get a better grasp of them and how to use them you'll need to read the full book. 
Nd24007
Nd24007
-->
@Outplayz
Thanks for telling me.. This will for sure help me get through the book much faster. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Nd24007
Cool, let me know your impressions when you do. I'm curious what you think of it. 
Nd24007
Nd24007
-->
@Outplayz
Sure thing...