Minorities Get Free College Only To End Up In Jail

Author: Vader

Total: 51
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
I don't like the Mexicans getting full ride to school and not having to pay a damn dime for what they did while I have to struggle to do it. What a pathetic system.

My friend is a second wave immigrant, who's mom immigrated and was born in America. He gets a free ride in life and goes to Northwestern and University of Illinois with a 3.75 GPA. You know what is happening to them. They are in fucking jail now.

Look at me. I have a 4.375 GPA, and will only get into college if I pay the tuition fee. Fucking great dude. Look at this broken system. Why should a hard working student like me struggle in this world because some second wave immigrant was born. He's rotting in jail now. GREAT JOB LIBERALS!

My point is that college should not try to base their schools off ehtnicity, but base it off actual grades. The PC fucks in USA don't know that. Don't get me wrong, a second wave immigrant has a right to be there if he deserves it. 4.2 GPA and 30 ACT. But whites should not be at a disadvantage only because of the color of the skin. Many white people are poor too and have money issues, so they have to play for their own college and suffer debt because their parents can not pay for it. 

Disgrace

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Vader
People who are born into backwards cultures need assistance. You do not.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
Not sure how you managed a 4.375. Does it go up to 5, the way you measure it?
Earth
Earth
-->
@Swagnarok
Wondered the same thing. Sup probably could get a nice scholarship and if he saves his money and doesn't go to Harvard, he could come out nicely. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@Swagnarok
Honors classes
Vader
Vader
-->
@Greyparrot
These immigrants are second wave, which means they are born in US when parents from Mexico.

I am a middle class struggling under Trump. While I work my ass off, these people get free rides only to go to jail. Makes a lot of sense

Earth
Earth
-->
@Vader
What do you want to go for college for?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Vader
It doesn't matter if they are 2nd generation. They are raised in the backward culture of their parents, so they need assistance.

You don't believe the fantasy that most immigrants assimilate, do you? Assimilation is actively discouraged in both education and politics.
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
all that matters is they vote Democrat, it's all about playing the odds, odds are they will and SupaDudz probably would not.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Vader
Well, on the bright side, white people are much less likely to be convicted of a crime and when they are, they get lighter sentences.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
white people are much less likely to be convicted of a crime and when they are, they get lighter sentences.

That's actually false according to Obama's and Eric Holder's DOJ findings after the Ferguson riots.

Cool urban myth though.

Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@Vader
Sucks though it may, and ignoring the wonderful trolling of gruppenführer Greyparrot: this is an argument by anecdote, the statistics (albeit a bit out of date) tell a different story:

6.6% of white people receive scolarships, as opposed to 4.4% of minorities. Whites have a higher amount
of total funding, and a higher representation of recipients and funding than the number of students.

So as a white person, appear to have had more chance of getting a scholarship than your friend - as he’s Latino, you had nearly twice the percentage chance that he had.

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Greyparrot
Why do you think all Americans are rich? 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Earth
LOL
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
I mean, you don't want to go shooting yourself in the foot if you actually want to help disadvantaged people do you?

Blacks predictably have higher rates of criminal behavior because most of them grow up in a gangster welfare culture, and that's the main reason for the 40% prison population rate, not some cabal of grand wizards with grey hair and a black robes.

Not incarcerating criminals doesn't do the black communities any good, but the police enjoy the no-go zones.

Most of the affirmative action programs are in place not because there is something wrong with Black DNA, but because the culture most of them grow up in is a shithole culture.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Capitalism.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
white people are much less likely to be convicted of a crime and when they are, they get lighter sentences.
That's actually false according to Obama's and Eric Holder's DOJ findings after the Ferguson riots.
Holder says using static factors from a criminal’s background could perpetuate racial bias in a system that already delivers 20% longer sentences for young black men than for other offenders. Holder supports assessments that are based on behavioral risk factors that inmates can amend, like drug addiction or negative attitudes about the law. And he supports in-prison programs — or back-end assessments — as long as all convicts, including high-risk ones, get the chance to reduce their prison time.[LINK]

The disproportionate number of arrests, tickets and use of force stemmed from “unlawful bias,” rather than black people committing more crime.[LINK]

Please explain.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Vader
My friend is a second wave immigrant, who's mom immigrated and was born in America. He gets a free ride in life and goes to Northwestern and University of Illinois with a 3.75 GPA. You know what is happening to them. They are in fucking jail now.
What specific program granted your friend their "free ride"?
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Greyparrot
Moron. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Moron. 
Please explain.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@3RU7AL
If I have to you are one too. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
If I have to you are one too. 
Please explain.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@3RU7AL

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
“Data collected by the Ferguson Police Department from 2012 to 2014 shows that African-Americans account for 85 percent of vehicle stops, 90 percent of citations, and 93 percent of arrests made by FPD officers, despite comprising only 67 percent of Ferguson’s population.”
Those statistics don’t prove racism, because blacks don’t commit traffic offenses at the same rate as other population groups.
The Bureau of Justice Statistics’ 2011 Police-Public Contact Survey indicates that, nationwide, blacks were 31 percent more likely than whites to be pulled over for a traffic stop.
Ferguson is a black-majority town. If its blacks were pulled over at the same rate as blacks nationally, they’d account for 87.5 percent of traffic stops.
In other words, the numbers actually suggest that Ferguson police may be slightly less likely to pull over black drivers than are their national counterparts. They certainly don’t show that Ferguson is a hotbed of racism.

The Justice report on Ferguson continues, “African-Americans are at least 50 percent more likely to have their cases lead to an arrest warrant, and accounted for 92 percent of cases in which an arrest warrant was issued by the Ferguson Municipal Court in 2013.”
Again, this pretends that a mere difference is evidence of discrimination.
But the report’s statistic doesn’t even look at whether people pay their fine or appear in court — something that makes a big difference in whether to issue a warrant.
Could it be that blacks are more likely to face particularly serious charges?

One of the favored techniques in civil rights law, borrowed from social science, is disparate-impact analysis. The gist of this methodology is to compare the percentage of a particular group in a population with the percentage of those affected by the activity under study. If a wide variance exists between the two figures, that constitutes disparate impact. So, for example, if we want to determine whether, due to race bias, African-Americans are arrested in greater numbers than seems warranted by their population size, one would first establish the percentage of blacks in the population subject to arrest, then the percentage of all arrested persons who are African-American.
The next step—the hard part—is to explain the reasons for the variance, which may or may not involve bias. To continue with the example of arrests and African- Americans: if the proportion of black arrests is much greater than the proportion of the black population, then police could be treating blacks differently because of the color of their skin. It also could be that African-Americans engage in criminal activity out of proportion to their numbers, in which case bias may not be a significant explanation. Needless to say, this issue is both controversial and difficult to resolve. But one thing is clear: it’s wrong to assume bias whenever there is a racially disproportionate impact.
Using 2010 census figures for Ferguson, the Justice Department documents that about two-thirds of the city’s 21,000 residents, or 67 percent, were African-American. Interactions with police over and above the 67 percent figure would be disproportionate, but not necessarily bias-driven. After all, human groups don’t all engage in the same behaviors, and it’s possible that African-Americans commit offenses out of proportion to their numbers. But let’s set that contentious claim to one side for the moment.
When criminologists examine unlawful behaviors, they take into account factors associated with such misconduct. We know, for instance, that males commit more violent crimes than females, and that young persons are more crime-prone than the elderly or children. Consequently, when we look at the criminogenic population in Ferguson, we should account for age and gender. If we single out the young male population of the city using the census parameters for age, we find that blacks make up approximately 80 percent of the population between the ages of 15 and 29, not 67 percent. The median age of black males in Ferguson is roughly 25, whereas it is 46 for white males, according to census data. Thus, 80 percent may be a more relevant figure for measuring disparate treatment by police than 67 percent. And that means that the disparities reported by the Justice Department are 13 percent less than claimed.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@3RU7AL
Bigots. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Many students believe that their undocumented status will prevent them from attending college. These students may live in fear of being exposed and deported should they apply. This should not be a concern for potential college students as it is against the law for colleges to report a student's immigration status without their permission.
Additionally, they could perceive college as cost-prohibitive because their status makes them ineligible for federal financial aid.While federal financial aid is not an option, there are many financial aid options including scholarships, grants, and private loans to make college more affordable. Undocumented students who are committed to attending college and who fully comprehend the challenges to come can make their educational dreams a reality.

Sounds good to me, I'm still not sure why you seem to be so angry.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@3RU7AL
Because you are a bigot. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
The Bureau of Justice Statistics’ 2011 Police-Public Contact Survey indicates that, nationwide, blacks were 31 percent more likely than whites to be pulled over for a traffic stop. - the missing link - https://nypost.com/2015/03/09/ferguson-fake-out-justice-departments-bogus-report/
So you're reasoning is that because nationwide, there is a 31 percent racial bias in traffic stops, that means there is zero bias in Ferguson?

I'm talking about a one-to-one comparison of crimes and sentences.

This is really a matter of common-sense.

• Blacks pay a higher "trial penalty" than comparably-situated whites;
  • Whites receive a larger reduction in sentence time than blacks and Latinos for providing "substantial assistance" to the prosecution;
  • Blacks and Latinos with a more serious criminal record tend to be sentenced more severely than comparably-situated whites;
  • Blacks are more likely to be jailed pending trial, and therefore tend to receive harsher sentences;
  • Whites are more likely to hire a private attorney than Latinos or blacks, and therefore receive a less severe sentence.[LINK]
  • 3RU7AL
    3RU7AL
    -->
    @Polytheist-Witch
    Because you are a bigot. 
    I am ever so sorry you feel that way.

Polytheist-Witch
    Polytheist-Witch
    -->
    @3RU7AL