grace

Author: janesix

Total: 7
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
Lately ive had three experiences which felt like grace from God. Two times i felt a sense of peace, and once was a powerful energy experience after i asked God a question. I'm not sure what to make of these experiences. Not sure how to proceed. Whether I should take up some type of meditation to get closer to God. I am somewhat reluctant to pray, as i don't want to annoy God. Even as I write this, i have a bit of the energy feeling. I want to get closer to God and understand what is going on, but I don't know how to proceed. I feel like I need to do something, but I am reluctant to meditate or pray. i was shocked when i had the energy experience after asking the question.

i have had experience of God in the past, but that was after severe sleep deprivation,and once was during a meditation experience, with an altered state of consciousness. Never during normal consciousness. I am having no symptoms of psychosis. i am on meds. i did ask God a couple of further questions, and got no response. That is why i am reluctant to go that route as well. maybe i should just wait asnd see what happens. I don't know.
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
I also wanted to mention my depression has lifted somewhat after these experiences.
Deb-8-a-bull
Debates: 0
Deb-8-a-bull
When ya get a hold of him next , ask him what religious group is the right one. 

That's alllllllllll you need to know. 
That's all. 
Just start yelling and repeating .  WHAT RELIGIOUS GROUP DO I JOIN ? 
WHAT RELIGIOUS GROUP ?

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@janesix
I am not sure what 'grace' refers to...  it seems to have something to with god being nice without us having earned it,  so if he answers a prayer it is an example of His grace and if He doesn't answer it - well, tough.   We cannot demand or earn anything of god - anything we get is through his 'grace' alone.

I am not saying you didn't experience something profound - I am only saying that 'grace' is a technical, theological term that might not be stricty appropriate if one is being pedantic - and I can be very pedantic!

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@janesix
You can not annoy God by praying! Don't feel that way.

The point of praying is not really to have some "mystical experience" either, it is for the aligning of the heart.

An example a prayer we Orthodox use quite a bit...

"O heavenly King, O Comforter, the Spirit of truth, who art in all places and fillest all things; Treasury of good things and Giver of life: Come and dwell in us and cleanse us from every stain, and save our souls, O gracious Lord."

What is the spirit of this prayer? Aligning the heart towards The Truth.

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@janesix
If you think God has contacted you why would you feel you are bothering that God? I do think if you are going to do the work you should pick up a book on protection. Spiritual Protection: A Safety Manual for Energy Workers, Healers, and Psychics by Sophie Reichter is a good one and fairly cheap.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
Try and be moved or react more with intuition and less mind and emotions. The latter tends to get in the way. Poly had a pretty good idea though, because there are forces that can attempt to attack you when you open yourself up consciously speaking so watch out for that too, don't let any entities steal your power. However, I've never had a real problem with that keeping the heart clean and pure, that seems to reflect any opposition or danger. 

As you move with the spirit you will sense its presence, you don't always have to say something just move with it like water, let go...ever heard the expression "be like water"? it basically means sway with the momentum of an experience or event, its kinda more like getting in tune with a frequency and you riding that current because in reality that current is always there we just are not tuned into it. This current of Divine energy will mold you if you move with it or flow with it, not in a way where as to make you someone else but to accomplish things within your being, that you might be aware of and as well things you are not aware of.