Gamer Girls on Twitch

Author: Analgesic.Spectre

Total: 6
Analgesic.Spectre
Debates: 1
Analgesic.Spectre
Personally, I have zero interest in playing videogames. They indicate that a person has very little going on in their lives, they are addicted to wasting their time, and that the person playing them likely has shoddy social skills.

Having said that, I've recently been wondering as to why a girl can get on Twitch, play a videogame rather poorly and receive a bucketload of money. I understand that the girls in question dress in certain ways to enhance attraction, but wow, why do guys give them so much money? Is there some kind of trick? Is it easy to do?

Just wondering...
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
Having said that, I've recently been wondering as to why a girl can get on Twitch, play a videogame rather poorly and receive a bucketload of money. I understand that the girls in question dress in certain ways to enhance attraction, but wow, why do guys give them so much money? Is there some kind of trick? Is it easy to do?
I highly doubt they are crap at whatever game they are playing. They are likely good to some extent. At least, the girls i know are pretty damn good at the game they play. People that play video games tend to watch videos online to get ideas and learn strategies they didn't think of. Or, as just a tutorial run. Lastly, it's just fun watching someone else play a game you like. It's like any sport. When you watch someone else play you want to play or get motivated in playing so it's more fun. 

Why watch a girl? The majority a people playing games are guys... of course they'd rather watch a hot girl play the game instead of a guy. So... in theory, it is actually pretty easy. If your hot and play the game you can make money. However, you can't be crap at the game... so it isn't all that easy since games require a lot of strategy and practice to get good at. If you are just hot and crap at the game... well, you can still get lucky if you have a fun personality to listen to and watch. It requires a specific type of person to be able to be popular on Youtube and other similar platforms. Watch the videos and you'll see they all of the same thing in common... they are good at what they do, they are well spoken, bright, fun to listen too, witty and give off a positive vibe. Put all of that together, it isn't that easy unless you get lucky that you are the one only hot Youtuber that has views... but, if that's all it is you'll like be made fun of instead of actually have interested followers. In sum total... it's not easy. 

And as to your why do people play games, why do people play sports, why do people read fiction, why do people watch movies, why do people go out... it's the same answer. At least with games you are stimulating your mind... unless you are playing slot machine games or something lol... that i don't get other than passing time. 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Some of them are pretty good. Others are dog shit. Pokimane is very good, and LDShadow is very good too. SSniperWolf is shit and a lot of the others

Analgesic.Spectre
Debates: 1
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@Outplayz
I highly doubt they are crap at whatever game they are playing. They are likely good to some extent. At least, the girls i know are pretty damn good at the game they play. People that play video games tend to watch videos online to get ideas and learn strategies they didn't think of. Or, as just a tutorial run. Lastly, it's just fun watching someone else play a game you like. It's like any sport. When you watch someone else play you want to play or get motivated in playing so it's more fun. 
I think it would depend if you're playing for fun, playing for money or playing to get better. If you're not playing to get better, it doesn't matter how much you play, in terms of improvement. There's only so much experience can help you get better, before you need to introspectively think about how you'll get better. 

Why watch a girl? The majority a people playing games are guys... of course they'd rather watch a hot girl play the game instead of a guy. So... in theory, it is actually pretty easy. If your hot and play the game you can make money. However, you can't be crap at the game... so it isn't all that easy since games require a lot of strategy and practice to get good at. If you are just hot and crap at the game... well, you can still get lucky if you have a fun personality to listen to and watch. It requires a specific type of person to be able to be popular on Youtube and other similar platforms. Watch the videos and you'll see they all of the same thing in common... they are good at what they do, they are well spoken, bright, fun to listen too, witty and give off a positive vibe. Put all of that together, it isn't that easy unless you get lucky that you are the one only hot Youtuber that has views... but, if that's all it is you'll like be made fun of instead of actually have interested followers. In sum total... it's not easy. 
If people are only watching the game because you're hot, personality and playing ability won't factor. Sure, you might be made fun of for being bad at the game, but I don't see why that would stop people from being attracted to you.

Would you say that girls, who play the game poorly and have boring personalities, are completely unable to earn money, even if they're hot? 

Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
Would you say that girls, who play the game poorly and have boring personalities, are completely unable to earn money, even if they're hot? 
No, i think i even indicated in my response that they can make money. However, not as easily as a hot girl, that has a good personality and is good at the game can. In that situation, they are probably almost guaranteed to make money. But, on the flip side... it will be harder. The main reason being that people go on to look at good players play. That's why i search or most gamers search for other people to watch. We are good at the game and looking for extra moves we haven't thought of... or to study an opposing players moves and abilities. That is probably the number one reason people search to watch others. Second reason being it's just fun and motivates you to play the game. And probably way last, to watch a "hot girl" play. 

Hence, i don't see how a girl as you named above could easily make money. Sure, they can get lucky and be found. But there are usually thousand among thousands of streamers. It would be hard, but not impossible. Unless the girl shows her tits and gets on the news or something... that's a creative way of being found out. 

157 days later

WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
Hmmm... what's the easy way to say this? Here I know. Extremely thirsty 13-year-olds and cameras banned down at dem breasts.