Sell everything you have

Author: janesix

Total: 68
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
"You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Who, then, is supposed to take care of my needs?

If we all choose to do this , we are all "the poor". Who will take care of the poor then?

RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@janesix
My darling Jane, it is about time someone as independent-thinking as yourself realised the truth of Paganism.

All religions that made it to the mainstream were designed to make us tamer, poorer and feel guilty if we were not either of those 2 things.

Do not let them rule you, instead rule them back with the furious energy of Satan, the cunning of Loki and Odin and the balanced calm of Vishnu. Some gems are there among the dirt of religion, those gems will give you clues to the truth of the North Pole kingdom/queendom and many other secrets of our world. I hope to get there before I die (yes death is real and there's no guaranteed afterlife) but if I don't, so be it. There's a real God, a real way to Shamhala/Shambhala (the North Pole kingdom/queendom) and many more secrets of our reality such as the opposite of the North Pole hidden land; Atlantis which is in the Bermuda Triangle and is the place that you DO NOT WANT TO FIND (it consumes you eternally and not in a good way).

Read up on the secrets of our world, read between the lines of religions and see the common theme and storyline. Do not fall for bullshit teachings, they are designed to keep the dumb poor and weak. It's cruel, unfair and isn't supposed to be anything but that.
janesix
janesix
-->
@RationalMadman
All religions that made it to the mainstream were designed to make us tamer, poorer and feel guilty if we were not either of those 2 things.
They were also designed to hide the truth

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@janesix
Which truth is 'the truth'?
janesix
janesix
-->
@RationalMadman
our ability to transcend into spiritual beings while still in the body
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@janesix
I still doubt that's possible, sounds like another lie. Brain and physical hormones directly affect the person on a deep, irreversible level so long as they stay altered which defies the idea of a 'real self' or soul beneath the physical.
janesix
janesix
-->
@RationalMadman
You are more than just your body, hormones, physical structure. 
keithprosser
Debates: 0
keithprosser
-->
@janesix
Jesus taught that the 'end times' were imminent.   Thus only the relatively small number of people who adopted Christianity in the short time between when He was speaking and those end times would survive. 

Jesus did not expect the world to carry on and His gnostic exclusive cult to become a mass religion.   Paul had other ideas.
janesix
janesix
-->
@keithprosser
You speak as if Jesus were a real person, and not a mythological figure. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@janesix
How do you know that you're more?
janesix
janesix
-->
@RationalMadman
I don't know. It is a guess based on experience and research into comparing religions, alchemy, tarot, etc.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@janesix
The experiences are physical, hormonal and such. In time you'll learn that there's been a double-bluff made by Illuminati from way back. They are the masterminds behind spiritualism and a lot of nonsense that considers itself to be 'fighting shallow materialism' when all it does is make you waste your only life for a promised afterlife or at the very least a promise 'spiritual bliss' nonsense. Bliss is in an orgasm, in a gutsy laugh and in many other physical things. There is no such thing as non-physical agony or pleasure when you realise that psychiatry and psychology are based on physical brain chemistry and structure.

janesix
janesix
-->
@RationalMadman
 at the very least a promise 'spiritual bliss' nonsense
I agree on that, "spiritual Bliss" is nonsense, spirituality has nothing to do with bliss, unicorns, or rainbows. 

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@janesix
This annotation I have in my study bible explains it pretty well...

"To be perfect, one must willingly sacrifice all and follow Christ. Nothing is gained unless this sacrifice is given freely. The specifics of how one follows Christ will be different for each person. Because wealth had such a grip on this man, his only hope was to sell and give away all his possessions. St. John Chrysostom tells us that giving away possessions is the least of Christ's instructions here; following Him in all things is a far greater and more difficult calling."

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Atheist bigot 
janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
Have you sold everything yet, mopac?
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@janesix
 Many religions teach this.
janesix
janesix
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Like what religions? Name five, and include proof
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@janesix
Buddhism, Hinduism, any native type religion with animism.  Mongolian polytheism, Norse paganism, Native American religions. Fuckin troll. You think you have special key to shit. Everything you post is from some religion. 
janesix
janesix
Prove it poly
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@janesix
You speak as if Jesus were a real person, and not a mythological figure. 
I believe Jesus was a real person - it is his divinity I don't believe.   

janesix
janesix
-->
@keithprosser
Why?
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@janesix
I don't believe in Jesus' divinity because I do believe in materialistic universe.  I can't prove the universe is materialistic, but I judge the evidence good enough to make that choice.  

I believe Jesus was a real person because it seems to me more likely the seed of Christianity was a person rather than a total fiction.  I think it's quite likely a human Jesus preached and taught as per the Gospels in Judea 2000 years ago, but I also think the virgin birth, miracles and resurrection are fictional additions.

I repeat - I can't prove anything.  I have made a judgement based on the evidence I am aware of.   Discussing that evidence make this very long post indeed!

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
I walked around for 8 years owning nothin except what I could carry. I don't think material things are something between me and God. Even now, I am not wealthy. All my money is accounted for. I don't have spending cash. 

More important than looking at others as their judge though is to work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@janesix
@Mopac
Matthew 6:28-34

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Mopac - you my not have seen my post#8

janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
Uh, you're the one who told me to sell my things, remember? Who is judging who?
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@janesix
@Mopac
St. John Chrysostom tells us that giving away possessions is the least of Christ's instructions here; following Him in all things is a far greater and more difficult calling.
Good old StJC!   Now you can keep your stuff and not feel too bad about it.  
janesix
janesix
-->
@keithprosser
Yep
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@keithprosser
Gnosticism is a heresy.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
You asked me about purifying the heart. I gave you the same answer would have given anybody.