TELL A TRUTH IS JESUS A PAGAN OR WHAT? HAHAHA JESUS IS A FALSE IDOL!

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 32
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
You are so stupid it's sad. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Thanks
IlDiavolo
Debates: 0
IlDiavolo
Religions are plagued of false idols, including me. You said nothing new.

Il Diavolo
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@RationalMadman

Literally debunked by the website you got the picture from.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Mopac
No one is saying he is a doppleganger, there are differences to all Gods, but the SIMILARITIES are uncanny. Let me put it like this:

There's nothing about him that wasn't mimicked other than dying on a cross.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@RationalMadman
You don't know Jesus, you're a pagan. 

Jesus is The Word of God. The Word of Truth. Wisdom itself.

"You, O men, I exhort; and utter my voice to the sons of men.
O ye simple, understand subtlety, and ye that are untaught, imbibe knowledge.
Hearken to me; for I will speak solemn truths; and will produce right sayings from my lips.
For my throat shall meditate truth; and false lips are an abomination before me.
All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing in them wrong or perverse.
They are all evident to those that understand, and right to those that find knowledge.
Receive instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than tried gold.
For wisdom is better than precious stones; and no valuable substance is of equal worth with it.
I wisdom have dwelt with counsel and knowledge, and I have called upon understanding.
The fear of the Lord hates unrighteousness, and insolence, and pride, and the ways of wicked men; and I hate the perverse ways of bad men.
Counsel and safety are mine; prudence is mine, and strength is mine.
By me kings reign, and princes decree justice.
By me nobles become great, and monarchs by me rule over the earth.
I love those that love me; and they that seek me shall find me.
Wealth and glory belong to me; yea, abundant possessions and righteousness.
It is better to have my fruit than to have gold and precious stones; and my produce is better than choice silver.
I walk in ways of righteousness, and am conversant with the paths of judgment;
that I may divide substance to them that love me, and may fill their treasures with good things. If I declare to you the things that daily happen, I will remember also to recount the things of old.
The Lord made me the beginning of his ways for his works.
He established me before time was in the beginning, before he made the earth:
even before he made the depths; before the fountains of water came forth:
before the mountains were settled, and before all hills, he begets me.
The Lord made countries and uninhabited tracks, and the highest inhabited parts of the world.
When he prepared the heaven, I was present with him; and when he prepared his throne upon the winds:
and when he strengthened the clouds above; and when he secured the fountains of the earth:
and when he strengthened the foundations of the earth:
I was by him, suiting myself to him, I was that wherein he took delight; and daily I rejoiced in his presence continually.
For he rejoiced when he had completed the world, and rejoiced among the children of men.
Now then, my son, hear me: blessed is the man who shall hearken to me, and the mortal who shall keep my ways;
watching daily at my doors, waiting at the posts of my entrances.
For my outgoings are the outgoings of life, and in them is prepared favour from the Lord.
But they that sin against me act wickedly against their own souls: and they that hate me love death."

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Mopac
I am confused, do you think those that submit to something know it better by default?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@RationalMadman
No. Those who submit to vain idols that cannot save are undiscerning and have been made dumb as beasts. They know nothing but wickedness.

It would be better for them to humble themselves, repent, and turn to love of The Truth that they may be saved.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Mopac
Do you realise, or not, how utterly pure-bred vain Jesus was? He was literally vanity-embodied in a persona with only Allah or Zeus being more Vain in the history of deified figures.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@RationalMadman
Yet, you do not know Jesus so you speak of things you don't understand.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Mopac
I know Jesus, the second-form of Lucifer.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@RationalMadman
What are you, the third form?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Mopac
That was Allah. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@RationalMadman
I doubt you believe anything you are saying.
PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@RationalMadman
What these sites and forums are geared to do is repeat the same old unfounded secular groupthink claims over and over again until everyone believes them. Many claims contain truths or similarities that are not that similar when investigated but they convince the masses.

I'm not convinced December 25 is His birthdate yet it is the time of year we worship Jesus' coming and God for sending His Son. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@PGA2.0
See post 5 for massive reveal
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Mopac
Your doubt is irrelevant to my truth.
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@Mopac

See post 5 for massive reveal
And here:

And here:

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@RationalMadman
"My truth"

How arbitrary.

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@PGA2.0
I would say that the only clear instance of 'borrowing' is the virgin birth.  it's not in Mark or John and Paul doesn't refer to it.   Nor is virgin birth a featur of Judaic traditions.   It looks very much that Jesus was given a miraculous birth by Matthew and Luke as part of their nativity tales because of an imported tradition that remarkable people had remarkable births.

A few gods die and come back to life, but that us usually in connection to the annual cycle of seasons - I don't see that as a very good parallel.  I'm certainly not saying the miracle stories in the Gospels are true, but I don't think they are cribs from other religions. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@keithprosser
That is only if you buy into the idea that the masoretic texts, which are in themselves a translation, are more accurate than the septuigate. 

The masoretic texts are not actually in the original languages of the scriptures. The septuigate is almost a thousand years older, and even has passages in it that would have had to have been in the original. For example, there is an acrostic poem in psalms that is complete if you were to translate the septuigant into Hebrew, but is clearly missing in the masoretic text.

But there is no borrowing, that presumes the account of the virgin birth was made up. We certainly believe it actually happened, as did the earliest church.

There is also good reason to believe that the modern Jews, who decend from pharisees in particular who rejected Jesus and were even anti-Jesus, altered their texts after the exhile. The source material for the Masoretic texts were translated from were even acknowledged as being corrupt by those who made them.

The Orthodox Church sees itself as being Israel. And it is not just for Jews, because it is not blood that ties us together so much as faith. We are the seed of promise.

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Mopac
We certainly believe it actually happened, as did the earliest church.
If it was believed by the earliest church, why is it absent from Mark, John and Paul?   Of course it could be they didn't think it was worth mentioning, but that seems a trifle odd given that virgin births are not commonplace!

The discrepancies between Matthew and Luke show at least one of them made their nativity stories,  and the natural thing to assume isthey both did. I believe Jesus was a remarkable man, but he was a man, born in the usual way and not a miracle working divinity.

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@keithprosser

I would say that the only clear instance of 'borrowing' is the virgin birth.  it's not in Mark or John and Paul doesn't refer to it.   Nor is virgin birth a featur of Judaic traditions.   It looks very much that Jesus was given a miraculous birth by Matthew and Luke as part of their nativity tales because of an imported tradition that remarkable people had remarkable births.

A few gods die and come back to life, but that us usually in connection to the annual cycle of seasons - I don't see that as a very good parallel.  I'm certainly not saying the miracle stories in the Gospels are true, but I don't think they are cribs from other religions.  

Do you understand the "Federal Head" view regarding humanity? What it means is that Adam represented us in the Garden. 

Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men,  because all sinned

There is an imputation there. Adam represented us. Humanity became polluted by Adam. We inherit that nature from Adam. It is a part of human nature. Thus, Jesus teaches that we must be "born again," regenerated by God and given a new nature, one that hears God, one that loves God, one that is open to God's leading. 

Ephesians 2 (NASB)
Made Alive in Christ
2 And you were dead in your trespasses and sins, in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest. But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

Those who are not born from above are dead in their sinful nature to God. They have enmity towards God and resist Him with their very being and will not come to God via the means He has given.
That is why it was necessary that Jesus not be like us, born into sin, inheriting the sinful nature via His father. That is why the seed of man was not passed through the father but through the Holy Spirit. There are a type and antitype throughout the whole Bible. In the OT we find the type, the picture or shadow of what was to come. In the NT we find the antitype or what the OT always pointed to, Jesus Christ. Just as God created Adam so He creates Jesus' human nature, a Man without sin, just like Adam was without sin before He died.   

Romans 5:15-17
But the free gift is not like the transgression. For if by the transgression of the one the many died, much more did the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abound to the many. 16 The gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned; for on the one hand the judgment arose from one transgression resulting in condemnation, but on the other hand the free gift arose from many transgressions resulting in justification. 17 For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.

Isaiah 9:6 
For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us;
And the government will rest on His shoulders;
And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

The child is born but the Son is given. 

What is applied to the natural in the OT is applied to Jesus Christ in the NT. The physical comes first, then the spiritual. Just as a virgin or young woman will be with child in the OT, so there is an antitype in the NT, the woman who has not had relations with a man (i.e., a virgin) will be with Child, and what is applied to the natural child in the OT is applied to the spiritual Child in the NT. There are spiritual truths in the types that are fulfilled in the antitype. 

Isaiah 7:14 (NASB)
14 Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel.

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@keithprosser

So, just as you have the first Adam, you have the Second Adam. Just as you have the virgin or young woman in the OT giving birth to a son, so you have the virgin in the NT giving birth to a Son. Just as you have the typology of a sacrifice for sin in the OT so you have a sacrifice in the NT. Just as you have a covenant made with the people on Mount Sinai, so you have a covenant made with the people on Mount Calvary (or Mount Zion). Just as you have Moses taking the people from the land of bondage and sin to the Land of Promise in the OT, so you have Jesus, the Second Moses, taking the people to the greater Promised Land, the heavenly country, in the NT. And the comparisons and contrasts go on and on.

However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural; then the spiritual. 

So we are born a natural person, but through faith in Jesus Christ, we are reborn a spiritual person.

it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.

So also it is written, “The first man, Adam, became a living soul.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

keithprosser
keithprosser
And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.
If nothing else that gave us one of te gretest pieces of music ever written!

I'm content Isaiah 9 is a messianic prophesy, but messiahs were a feature of Judaic mythos.  The established pattern was that after disaster a messiah would ariseto return the Hebrrw/Jewish nation to their previous good state.  I suspect Isaiah may be refering to Cyrus as a Messiah here, as he does explicitly in ch 45:  "Thus saith the Lord to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut".

unortunately the language of prophecy is always obscure and open to any number of interpretations.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@keithprosser
In other words, you won't accept the possibility of it being the case so it isn't really a matter of whether the word was "virgin" or "young girl".

Regardless, Mary herself belonged to the early church. The virgin birth is what the church teaches. 

keithprosser
keithprosser
matthew was keen to make explicit refernces to the OT.  Ican see 4 in the nativity story:

matthew 1:23 quoting isaiah 7:14
matt 2:6 refencing micah 5:2-4
matt 2:15 quoting Hosea 11;1
matt 2:18 quoting jer 21:15.

Apart from the Micah the context of the quotes makes it very unlikely they are actual prophecies.  Matthew seems to have chosen verses that 'fit' only if one doesn't examine them too hard!  

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@keithprosser
The Church has always approached the Old Testament in a typological manner.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Do you mean "your church" and what is the OT typologically based upon?