Why are most of the top 7 on the debate leader board left wing and the forms are mostly right wing?

Author: Alec

Total: 94
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
How does this happen?
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@Alec
There is actual link between being good at debating, thinking and general intelligence and leaning to the left. It's why Trump is their leader and Hillary was ours last election.

In some countries where both are left leaning, then the more left one tends to be the dumber, more useless one.

Alec
Alec
There is actual link between being good at debating, thinking and general intelligence and leaning to the left.
If this is true, then why do they need safe spaces to defend their ideas?  Can you provide an objective source to back up your claim?

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Alec
Because unlike the Conservative caveman-mentality which thinks words don't hurt or matter, we know they do. This is why we are so excellent at using words on platforms where gang bullying and abuse is banned and prevented, such as in a 1v1 debate where only the opponent can gang on us.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Liberal mods delete votes of conservatives. 
ResurgetExFavilla
Debates: 0
ResurgetExFavilla
Because most unemployed people lean left, politically.
blamonkey
Debates: 24
blamonkey
Want to know the answer? Because they were the people who volunteered at the beginning. If you are concerned about liberal decision making ruining the site, then that is a thread within itself. But to my knowledge, not too many people want to spend so much time on this site as an active moderator. Least of all me, or any other people who have been remotely active. 
Alec
Alec
Because unlike the Conservative caveman-mentality which thinks words don't hurt or matter, we know they do.
Why do you mention "we"?  I'm not a liberal.  Conservatives believe that hate speech should be classified as free speech partly because what counts as hate speech?  Who decides?  Will being pro life one day be a hate crime towards women?

This is why we are so excellent at using words on platforms where gang bullying and abuse is banned and prevented, such as in a 1v1 debate where only the opponent can gang on us.
I don't think much of the left is excellent at using words on platforms.  Many leftists label conservatives as bigots.  On DDO, conservatives dominated the leader board and this was when DDO was not a dead website (https://www.debate.org/people/leaders/)

blamonkey
Debates: 24
blamonkey
-->
@RationalMadman
@Alec
The fact that people only debate the side that they support is kind of ridiculous to me. A truly good debater could defend anything. Political ideologies, to me at least, seem to symbolize the absence of thought. People who are "proud" liberals or conservatives already are predisposed to agree with some arguments more than others. They will not objectively look at the facts. If you or anyone reading this thinks that they are inoculated from this disease then I have a message for you:

You are not. I am not. Nobody can remain completely unbiased. This does not mean it affects your ability to persuade.

I am not always proud of the IRL national debate circuit, but there were a variety of good debaters who could thrive off conservative and liberal points. Primarily, people are concerned with in-depth understanding of domestic and foreign affairs, and (unless you count national circuit policy and LD,) public speaking ability.

Besides, DDO rankings were based on ELO, which is not representative of the best people on the site. The prevalence of noob-sniping and the fact that people have limited time in the day and can't spend every living hour on a faltering debate site typing away until they start to hemorrhage. There are people on the site with less than 10 debates who I guarantee would wipe the floor with everyone on this site. 

Anyhow, I have met stupid liberals, stupid conservatives, and brilliant people representing most of the political spectrum. In fact, my parents happens to be overwhelmingly conservative. Yet, they have judged liberal people in debate rounds and voted for them. I have no f****** clue what people would call me, but I definitely do not take pride in identifying with a brand of conservatism or liberalism. Both ideologies are like vodka. In small amounts, I'll admit begrudgingly that they are fine. In large amounts, I'll happily declare that it drives people insane. 
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Alec
Will being pro life one day be a hate crime towards women?
It already is. What gives anybody the right to interfere in a woman's body?

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@blamonkey
There are no people who would wipe the floor with me, whether less than ten or not.
Alec
Alec
-->
@blamonkey
@disgusted
@blamonkey

Most people aren't liberal or conservative on everything.  Also, did you see RM's comment?  Challange him to a debate on something that you guys disagree with so we have an idea on who's better.

@disgusted

This proves my point.  How is this any different from communism?  The Chinese government wanted to censor, "hate speech" towards the government and the term "hate speech" was coined by Mao.  Also, how do I control a woman's body any more then I would control a rapist's body by telling him not to rape?  I don't care about the woman's arm.  I don't care about her leg.  I don't even care about her uterus.  I care about what's in it and that fetus's life is more valuable then a woman's convenience.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Alec
What's in it is the woman's business it has nothing to do with a misogynist like you.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Alec
I care about what's in it and that fetus's life is more valuable then a woman's convenience.
This is evidence of how narrow minded --ego stuck in armpit--- you are. You and the other Trumpanzees need to get out more and open yourself to truth and facts that are so much more than you narrow viewpoint contains.

1} 9 months of carrying a fetus/baby ending in labor is something a man{ Alec? } has not not ever will endure yet Ale has the  immature, uneducated mind to suggest that "inconvience" is the only consideration, get off you high horse Alec,,

2} the list of considerations that go threw a pregmant womans mind can be so much more than Alec can consider in a year of induced thought,

3} and the list goes on, and the list goes on

..."Abortion is a common experience. It’s estimated that about 1 in every 4 pregnancies worldwide end in abortion (1). In the U.S., it’s about 1 in 5 (2). Of U.S. pregnancies that are unplanned, about 2 in 5 end in abortion (2).
Most abortions happen in the first 8 weeks of pregnancy, and nearly all abortions (9 in 10) happen in the first trimester (the first 12 weeks of pregnancy) (3). Legal abortion is a safe and effective way to end a pregnancy (4,5)."....

..."First, you take a pill called mifepristone. This medicine stops the pregnancy from growing.  Some people feel nauseous or start bleeding after taking mifepristone, but it’s not common. Your doctor or nurse may also give you antibiotics to take to prevent infection.

....The second medicine is called misoprostol. You’ll either take the misoprostol right away, or up to 48 hours after you take the first pill — your doctor or nurse will let you know how and when to take it. This medicine causes cramping and bleeding to empty your uterus."...

Alec
Alec
-->
@mustardness
@disgusted
@these 2 SJWs.

What's in it is the woman's business it has nothing to do with a misogynist like you. 

Hard to believe that the Republicans are misogynists when they did the following:

-Gave women the right to vote before the democrats.

-Oppose Shariah law, something that actually oppresses women.

-Are against sex based abortions, something the democrats on capitol hill support(https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/112-2012/h299).  In other words, a party that champions it's self as supporters for the rights of females are willing to sacrifice those principals for abortion.

You and the other Trumpanzees need to get out more and open yourself to truth and facts
Apart from the fact that I want Trump to do something illegal enough to get impeached (so Pence replaces him), the right is the one with the scientific facts that confirm that a fetus is a human being.  All SJWs like you have are feelings.

You state that I won't be pregnant ever.  Although I won't be pregnant, you won't be aborted.  Ever notice how every fucking person who supports abortion was already born, while there are many people against abortion that will get pregnant?  In my family, the more female you are, the more pro life you are (unless your me).  Women are only slightly more likely to be pro choice then a male is.  I support restriction for men too.  If a man causes a woman to get pregnant, the female should not be allowed to get an abortion but he should not be allowed to ditch the female he caused to get pregnant.  I support restrictions for both sexes.

get off you high horse Alec
This is pretty rude.  You seem to think that you are superior to not only a fetus, but also myself off of a political disagreement.  I think your the one on a high horse.

the list of considerations that go threw a pregmant womans mind can be so much more than Alec can consider in a year of induced thought,
They think something along the lines of(in the vast majority of situations, something related to socioeconomic status.  This can easily be solved with adoption or what I would call the 4 filter process(if you ask what that is, I can address it).

You claim abortion is a safe, legal way to end a pregnancy.  If is legal?  Sadly.  Is it safe?  Bullshit.  Anything that kills a human being is not safe.

In the U.S., it’s about 1 in 5 (2). Of U.S. pregnancies that are unplanned, about 2 in 5 end in abortion (2).
This is a contradiction.  Either 1/5 pregnancies end in abortion, or 2/5 do according to this statistic.  Both can't be right, so you might have to get off that leftist source your on.

Abortion should be illegal because it kills an innocent human being.  It does not matter how much pain the woman endures because since the woman chose to have the sex, she must live with the consequences.  Since the fetus did not choose to exist, the fetus must live.  Until you address this with something scientifically accurate, all your arguments are bullcrap.

Since you were being rude to me, I feel like being rude right back to avoid conceding in the name of your favor.  I know Leftists like you 2 are being rude in the name of gloss words like, "progress", "hope", and "change".   Well, rudeness doesn't work on me.  I prefer relevant facts and not the contradictory off task facts you guys posted.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Alec
...the right is the one with the scientific facts that confirm that a fetus is a human being."...
Ive never stated otherwise and in fact, have stated otherwise for 20 years or more.  This is just more immoral Trumpanzee creating a false reality.  Sad :--( lack of moral integrity is all you have to offer

You seem to think that you are superior to not only a fetus, but also myself off of a political disagreement.  I think your the one on a high horse.
IVe been very clear with the facts truth and have to keep repeating truth and facts to immoral Trumpanzees because they have such a narrow-minded armpit set of viewpoints an abhor truth and facts;

1} a fetus/baby is not and individual/independant human, you Trumpanzees dont get this and you are how old?

2} the spermazoa and egg are both alive,

3} the fetus/baby are attached to the woman ---except for brief 24hr when fertilized egg falls through fallopian tubes--- and always inside the woman until births and again, Trumpanzees cannot grasp the differrence between being and born and uborn, despite immoral Trumpanzees seemig
nly adult and mature status, { NOT },

4} unborn = still attached to the woman, baby has not taken its first IN-spiration of oxygen, not viable until baby can breath on its own, etc,

5} high horse = immoral Trumpanzees who repeated keep trying to stick their friggin immoral noses *v* into a pregnant womans body, without her consent,

6} the pregnant woman is not a mother, until the fetus/baby is born out as viable, independant/individual,

7}

..."They think something along the lines of(in the vast majority of situations, something related to socioeconomic status.  This can easily be solved with adoption or what I would call the 4 filter process(if you ask what that is, I can address it)."...
You have no idea what most pregnant women think who  are considering abortion i.e. your and immoral Trumpanzee creating a false reality,

How many born-out babies around the world, need to be adopted, for whatever reason, except the one your concerned about above? You dont know? Yeah because that is not your true concern, your true concern is to stick you nose *v* in pregnant womens bodys without their consent.

Why dont we start with those adoptions and actually taking care of the born-out, independant/individual humans before following immoral Trumpanzees imposing their friggen nose *v* into pregnant womens bodys, without their consent. 

.."You claim abortion is a safe, legal way to end a pregnancy.  If is legal?  Sadly.  Is it safe?  Bullshit.  Anything that kills a human being is not safe."...
Ive never made any such claims so once again your and immoral Trumpanzee creating an immoral false reality. Are you on prescription medications? How many years?

Abortion should be illegal because it kills an innocent human being. 
When you have the intellectual and moral integrity to not keep creating false reality and address what I state, not what you falsely create, then come back and talk to me, otherwise take a hike.

When you can grasp the differrence between fetus/baby being organism of pregnant woman and not your business in any way, come back and talk to me, otherwise, take a hike,

When you can grasp the differrence  between born-out viable independant/individual human and a fetus/baby inside a uterus/womb that has not taken any oxygen into its lungs, come talk to me, otherwise, take a hike.

..."Since the fetus did not choose to exist, the fetus must live."..
Untill you can grasp even one of the many points I have given you above, please take a hike and plese keep your friggin immoral nose *v* out of pregnant womens bodies, where you have not any moral business sticking your nose. Do you understand/ No?

Then you and all Trumpanzees need to be Locked Away!

.."Since you were being rude to me,"..
Lock Immoral Trumpanzees Away! is not rude, it is my oppinion of what should be dong with those who have such a gross lack of respect for pregnant women and their bodies. Please take a hike until you can grasp any of what Ive laid out for 20 years and above.

Lock Immoral Trumpanzees Away!
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@blamonkey
No they were buddies with the owner. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@disgusted
No it isn't. No one goes to prison for being pro life. Liar. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Please take note of the liberals being able to say things others get banned for. Constant insults and threats are ignored. This is why the site is the way it is. No decent debater would post here. 
Alec
Alec
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
This is why the site is the way it is. No decent debater would post here. 
I think besides the SJWs on this site that believe I should go to jail for being pro life, most other people on the site are fine.

Should the SJWs that threatened me with jail time over my political ideology get blocked?
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Alec
Depends on how the site wants to look. 

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Watch out RM the Independent is swooping in
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
I have right wing beliefs, but I don't believe what Trump is doing is right. The assumption with Dems is that all Republicans are Trumpanzees
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Alec
Because people on the left need to have their views reaffirmed constantly. That is why the left always uses the courts to affirm what they believe. If left to society the left would be laughed out of town. Debating simply makes them feel better about their views. They can't just know what they believe is right or wrong, they need to argue that it is. They need this to justify what they do and believe. I am on the right so I don't need to justify anything. There is right and there is wrong, To me it's simple. To them it one giant grey area. Right can be wrong and wrong can be right. Which way it goes depends on how it affects their life style and feelings.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Alec
Is someone sending you to gaol, note the spelling, have fun in there.
What's a SJW?
disgusted
disgusted
pollywannacracker
DURR.
Alec
Alec
-->
@disgusted
I'm not going to jail for this.  An SJW is a "social justice warrior".
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Alec
But you just said that some sjw was sending you to gaol because you're ignorant. What is an SJW? Someone who fights for social justice and is therefore not a selfish corrupt wingnut SCW.
Alec
Alec
-->
@disgusted
What is an SCW?  BTW, how is the pro life movement selfish?  They have noting to gain from being pro life.  If anything, they are selfless because their movement pretty much benefits only the unborn.  I heard the left was into compromises.  I got an offer for you.  More environmental regulations in exchange for abolishing Roe V Wade.
Analgesic.Spectre
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@Alec
It's likely for a large number of reasons, of which won't necessarily highlight a difference between left and right wing philosophy. Nonetheless, as you've seen, you'll have people line up to espouse their own narrow, singular explanation as to why such a thing occurs (all without any kind of evidence or data). The saddest part is that most people were likely serious with their answers -- they assumed their random guess holds any merit.