Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@Alec
And you dislike me. Explains a lot.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Gripping commentary. Must be those mad debate skills. 
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@KingLaddy01
He's an actual conservative.  I like his stance on social issues like the right to conversion therapy and I think more importantly, his desire to overturn Roe V Wade.  I don't like his stance on contraception though, but I think him as president could pin that issue to the left in exchange for abolition of Roe V Wade.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Alec
Roe v Wade is not getting overturned. No one should have to live a Christian life but Christians. 
Alec
Alec
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
No one should have to live a Christian life but Christians. 

Thanks for being one of those pro choicers who doesn't insult me for being pro life as we both have seen in previous forums.  There is scientific evidence confirming that a fetus is a human being.  A fetus has all the necessary chromosomes to be alive and they meet all the necessary criteria for life.

Roe v Wade is not getting overturned. 
The following could cause Roe V Wade to overturn:

- If Pro lifers get a majority in all 3 branches of government and ending Roe V Wade is the main focus of the Republican Party (Immigration is the main focus of the Republican party today).

- If The Republicans strike a deal with the democrats for ending Roe V Wade and returning the decision of abortion rights back to the states.

- If artificial womb technology increases(which is inevitable) to the extent that from conception, a woman could cheaply and safely relocate the fetus into an artificial womb, therefore any pain the woman endures during pregnancy can be solved with renting an artificial womb.

-As abortion rates decrease, therefore making abortion more easily viewed from those who have never had one and therefore, an increasing social desire to treat the few women that commit abortions like another rare group of killers; murderers.

So Roe V Wade's days are definitely numbered.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Trees are live, dogs are alive. Yes the fetus is human but it's not born and it's rights don't outweigh the mother until it's viable. Thanks. The only way Roe v. Wade is overturned is if the Supreme Court rules in favor of Jesus over rights. When that happens there will be war. 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Pence is completely unelectable. He is only there for impeachment/assassination insurance for Trump.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
SCOTUS won't overturn Roe v Wade because the country will revert to a bunch of divided and competing pro- and anti- abortion states where people can simply cross a state line anyway to get an abortion. SCOTUS won't be that guy that divides the country up by states.
Alec
Alec
Trees are live, dogs are alive.
A fetus has all the necessary chromosomes to be a human being.  Them being human separates them from plants and other animals.

Yes the fetus is human but it's not born and it's rights don't outweigh the mother until it's viable.
Would you say the same thing about someone on an anesthesia machine that is known to recover after 9 months?  They certainly are dependent on others without those party's consent.  People on welfare are dependent on taxpayers without their inherit consent.  Is this situation worthy of a death sentence?

The only way Roe v. Wade is overturned is if the Supreme Court rules in favor of Jesus over rights.
Why is the pro life movement stereotyped as theocratic?  There are secular organizations for life.  I personally hate god, but I'm pro life because of science.

When that happens there will be war. 
I don't think a war will happen for multiple reasons.

1: Both the left and the right want to keep America united.
2: The left has much less guns and much less military support then the right does.  They would not win in a war for abortion rights.  Outliers like people who support the military and guns will know that they are outmatched by the right.
3: I plan on giving the left something they want in exchange for outlawing Roe V Wade.

Alec
Alec
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I forgot to add you to the comment above.  Sorry about that.
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@Alec
Thanks for being one of those pro choicers who doesn't insult me for being pro life as we both have seen in previous forums.  There is scientific evidence confirming that a fetus is a human being.  A fetus has all the necessary chromosomes to be alive and they meet all the necessary criteria for life.

How many aborted fetuses are you currently bringing up?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Alec
You seem like a schoolboy who's parents have indoctrinated you. You certainly have no knowledge of the topic under discussion. Left and right politics are absolutely meaningless. Every woman has an inherent right to the autonomy of her body, game over child.
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@Alec
Pence has zero chance of being president. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@coal

We can hope. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Alec
I support him.

Why are you so extreme right?
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Alec
Human beings have no more right to be born then trees or dogs to live. Sorry we are not super special. What does illness have to do with being born. Caring for the sick or ill is a different field of medicine. Again what does welfare have to do with the conversation? The unborn don't have rights,  the born do. Because Jesus freaks are the only ones who need it banned to be happy. I would never have an abortion, I am pro choice. You would prevent those who disagree from having one. See the difference. Think what you want. We are all due for a big war. It's going to come 
Alec
Alec
-->
@disgusted
How many aborted fetuses are you currently bringing up?
None, because I don't kill baby humans.

You seem like a schoolboy who's parents have indoctrinated you. You certainly have no knowledge of the topic under discussion. Left and right politics are absolutely meaningless.
My parents are liberals believe it or not.  I'm the most conservative member of the nuclear family.  My Dad's pro choice, so I know the pro choice arguments pretty well.  I just strongly disagree with him on abortion and I disagree with him on a lot of issues, like taxes, military, and the border wall (I used to be for illegal immigration, but I changed my mind on that).

Every woman has an inherent right to the autonomy of her body, game over child.
I don't know what "game over child" means, but by stating that the woman owns the child, that's supporting the concept that humans own each other, which I'm not one that likes to label despite being labeled a lot, but how is that different from the concept of slavery?

Alec
Alec
-->
@coal
He has a 100% chance if Trump gets impeached or assassinated.

Alec
Alec
-->
@Greyparrot
Why are you so extreme right?
Although I would describe myself as a strong conservative, I would fall left leaning on the following:

-Homosexuality
-Contraception
-AK 47s.

Almost everything else though I think I side with the conservatives on.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Alec
I don't know what "game over child" means, but by stating that the woman owns the child,
Who claimed that a woman owns a child, only an ignorant child would make such an unsupportable claim.

Anyone stupid enough to not understand that every woman has an autonomous right to her own body is subhuman.
When you develop a cancerous growth make sure you ask the SCOTUS if you can have it removed, numpty.

Alec
Alec
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Human beings have no more right to be born then trees or dogs to live.
Then what separates murdering someone and eating their body any different from doing the same to corn?  One is cannibalism, another is part of someone's dinner.

The unborn don't have rights
Currently they don't because of Roe v Wade.  Neither did black people when they were slaves.  Black people and fetuses both deserve protected rights under the law.

Because Jesus freaks are the only ones who need it banned to be happy.
I hate God because of something he said about hell and I still want abortion to be banned.  Your argument here is stereotypical.

You would prevent those who disagree from having one.
I also would want to prevent pro slavery people fro getting slaves.  The government forces it's anti slavery views on pro slavery people to not have slaves.  Just like the government should force it's ideally pro life views on pro choice people because of science.

We are all due for a big war.
The conservatives tended to hate Obamacare.  Yet they did not go to war over it.  The left probably will hate the overturning of Roe v Wade.  By going to war over a political disagreement, it's kindof like being a sore loser.

Also, you act as if abortion will be bane in every state.  California will keep it legal.  Connecticut will keep it legal.  New York will keep it legal.  It would only be the right wing states that would ban it.  It would become a states issue instead of pro choice states forcing their views on pro life states.
DBlaze
DBlaze
-->
@Alec
Here is my problem with pro lifers..... Pro-choice people are not forcing anything onto other people, they are saying ok, if you want to be pro-life... fine... but I want to be pro-choice.

Pro-lifers are complaining about other people and acting as if they know their situations and saying... hey, you can't do that!  and I am going to have my say in your life. 

Here is where I say to them, "mind your own business!"  "Deal with your own family, and I will deal with mine the way I see fit."

If everyone just worried about themselves, we would be a much better society.  Stop pushing ideology, social behavior, and what you believe is right and normal on other people when it does not affect you or yours in the least.  

Get involved when it does affect you or your family, otherwise live your own life.  Every person in the world has enough to worry about, why encroach on other peoples?
Alec
Alec
Pro-choice people are not forcing anything onto other people

They force their will onto a fetus.

I don't care if your pro life or pro choice.  I care if you commit abortion.  If you don't want kids, either don't have sex, use an IUD, or set the kid up for adoption.

Alec
Alec
-->
@DBlaze
Forgot to mention you.  Read the comment above.
DBlaze
DBlaze
-->
@Alec
Again, you are thinking about other people and their problems..... it does not affect you in the least, have your beliefs and they can have theirs.

I respect your beliefs.  I just ask that you respect mine.  But I guess it doesn't work both ways, does it?
Alec
Alec
-->
@DBlaze
it does not affect you in the least
Then that makes the movement selfless, since the pro lifers don't have much to gain or lose.

I just ask that you respect mine.
I respect beliefs.  However, beliefs and actions are not the same thing.  If your pro choice, that's fine.  However, if you commit abortion, then that's where there is a problem.  If you believe that speeding should be legal, that's fine; you're allowed to believe that.  However, if you actually speed and get caught, then there is a problem.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Then what separates murdering someone and eating their body any different from doing the same to corn?  One is cannibalism, another is part of someone's dinner.
I said a right to be born Once born they have rights you seem to keep comparing apples to turnips. 

Currently they don't because of Roe v Wade.  Neither did black people when they were slaves.  Black people and fetuses both deserve protected rights under the law.
They don't for the same reason the dead don't. Again you compare the living to the non living. 

I hate God because of something he said about hell and I still want abortion to be banned.  Your argument here is stereotypical.
If you hate god you believe he exists. Then you are worse then a Christian they at least have an excuse to hate others having rights. 

Also, you act as if abortion will be bane in every state.  California will keep it legal.  Connecticut will keep it legal.  New York will keep it legal.  It would only be the right wing states that would ban it.  It would become a states issue instead of pro choice states forcing their views on pro life states.
I work in a poor state. Banning it here would force some women to give birth who don't want to. Fuck the state when it's wrong.