Parables: The Way to Heaven

Author: Discipulus_Didicit

Total: 437
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
If somebody told you that faith is integral to understanding their theology and learning the truth you would say that they are wrong. How would you know that they are in fact wrong?
You say I would say these things.

You have said these things. You have said that catholics, muslims, pagans, etc. are wrong... have you not?
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@keithprosser
Well, what you say you believe doesn't match what you profess.

Atheism is defined by its denial of reality.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
The fact that everyone is wrong is pretty foundational to Christianity.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Mopac
The fact that everyone is wrong is pretty foundational to Christianity.
Captain Obvious would be proud.

My question is how you know that they are wrong though, since they are saying the same thing you are about faith being integral to understanding and learning the truth.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
You say they are. saying the same thing, but I think that is a lack of discernment on your part, not reality.

disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
You missed this.

-> @Mopac
Loving God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength. The first commandment and greatest commandment.
And the second is like it. Love thy neighbor as thyself. Where does that come from? Recognizing that we were created in the image of God. To love others is to love God. 
After you have complied with the first commandment What will you love your neighbour with?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
To love your neighbor is to love God, as we are each made in the image of God.

Or 

"Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

So love of God extends to loving The Image of God. That is how we should love ourselves and others. It is very much all related.

So it is The Image of God we love, not the things that defile that image. 

And so we worship God in Spirit and in Truth, which is The Trinity.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Respond to my post.

-> @Mopac
Loving God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength. The first commandment and greatest commandment.
And the second is like it. Love thy neighbor as thyself. Where does that come from? Recognizing that we were created in the image of God. To love others is to love God. 
After you have complied with the first commandment What will you love your neighbour with?

Loving God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@disgusted
What will you love your neighbour with?
Stock answer: To love others is to love God. 

Apparently when we atheists are nice we are inadvertenty honouring the god we secretly know exists but deny because we hate the truth.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Mopac
My question is how you know that they are wrong though, since they are saying the same thing you are about faith being integral to understanding and learning the truth.
You say they are. saying the same thing, but I think that is a lack of discernment on your part, not reality.

So faith isn't integral to other religions, only yours?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Faith is integral to the scientific method even. The idea that faith is an inherently bad thing is something that came out of the destructive nihilistic worldview defines our age. A nihilistic worldview that fundamentally comes from a denial of absolute truth.

And just as there are many people who culturally identify with a religious group but don't understand their faith, so there are a many who do not truly believe there is no absolute truth while they identify with that which spawned from nihilism.

As God is The Ultimate Reality, and atheism is the rejection of God, atheism is fundamentally rooted in nihilism. If there is no God, that makes me god! And indeed, Satanists understand this and embrace it.

It is folly.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
See post above yours, that is your answer.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Mopac
In post 365 you make the claim that other religions do not say that faith is integral to their theology. People in other religions disagree with this though, why should I trust you to tell me what others believe better than they do?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I never said any such thing.

You aren't going to trust me, because that would take faith, which you seem to be averse to.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Mopac
I never said any such thing.

Then you agree that other religions say that faith is integral to their theology?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Faith without works is dead.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Mopac
Uh-huh. So, do you acknowledge that other religions make the same claim of faith being integral to their theology or do you deny it? I can work with whichever position you choose to take.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit

If you are not practicing your religion, how can you even say you have faith? 

The truth here is apparent.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
Faith without works is dead.
Works without faith is life.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Mopac
Back to the drawing board then... If somebody told you that faith is integral to understanding their theology and learning the truth you would say that their theology is wrong. How would you know that they are in fact wrong?

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
To love your neighbor is to love God, as we are each made in the image of God.
I don't love my neighbor, I respect them and love my family and friends, instead.

You must therefore be made in the image of Satan because you hate everyone.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
Can reading a book about carpentry replace carpentry?

There isn't much else to say. My religion is Truth Worship.
False analogy, anyone can worship, but not anyone can be a carpenter.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Which child is going to learn from their good parents?

The child who has faith in their parents or the child who rebels against their parents?

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
Atheism is defined by its denial of reality.
Mopac has no problem lying because he was made in the image of Satan.

Mopac is the great deceiver.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
The child who has faith in their parents or the child who rebels against their parents?
It is the child that does what his parents do by action and not what they say.

In your case and that of other brain dead theists here, it would be highly beneficial for their children to rebel against their parents.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Mopac
Which child is going to learn from their good parents?

Exactly. Now tell me... other religions claim that faith is integral to understanding their theology and learning the truth, same claim that you make with your theology. How do you know that they are wrong?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
What is their religion?

I think that really matters, because Truth Worship is not the same as any other religion. Do they worship the truth? They say this, but how do they do it? Is smoking dope and laying in a hammock really loving truth with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength? 

What am I saying?

Love God by cleansing the Nous.

Is there anything that can be said against this? Surely this is reasonable and very believable. It is hard too, it isn't a passive endeavor. It is something that is lived.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Mopac
Is smoking dope and laying in a hammock really loving truth with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength? 

Your conceptions of how the rest of the world works is truly hilarious. I bet you picture me as a pot smoking hippie living in my parents basement wasting away my life in endless hedonistic rituals, possibly of a satanic nature.

Putting that astounding imagery aside though...

What is their religion?

I am talking about any religion that claims that faith is integral to their theology and to understanding of the truth. You would say that any religion that does this besides your own must be wrong. I want to know how you know they are wrong.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit

Your conceptions of how the rest of the world works is truly hilarious. I bet you picture me as a pot smoking hippie living in my parents basement wasting away my life in endless hedonistic rituals, possibly of a satanic

I know you want me to be the bad guy really hard, but nothing I said implied this was an exhaustive example.
I think an apology would be nice, though I don't expect it.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
I am talking about any religion that claims that faith is integral to their theology and to understanding of the truth. You would say that any religion that does this besides your own must be wrong. I want to know how you know they are wrong.

I could easily tell you what causes me to doubt their claims if you cared to hear my opinion on the subject. Let's hear what causes you to doubt their claims, though.