Was ending segregation a good idea?

Author: Segregationist

Total: 9
Segregationist
Debates: 0
Segregationist
I firmly believe in the Constitution and the idea that all men are created equal, endowed by their creator with inalienable rights. That being said, I'm not commie that thinks everybody should be exactly the same. 

A southern man is a negro's best friend, but there should not be integration.

Integration is what destroyed the negro community and made them act up, and us white southern folk have to pay for it. The yankees up north have been forever trying to bonk our heads together, realizing that they always fail. 

The southern white folk and the negro are inherently different, and should stick to their own communities. We can have equal rights and protections, but we can not live with integration.

My southern white communities are becoming safe, and many of us fear to walk in the streets at night. We are in fear that a negro shall mug us. At the same time, were negroes ever this violent under segregation???

We can't simply mix up. It's best we live separately. 

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Segregationist
People tend to naturally segregate themselves.

But I am in a mixed marriage. We are black and white.

We get along just fine, and we are fine upstanding members of our community who have no intention of mugging anybody. That wouldn't be very Christian of us, now would it?

Segregationist
Segregationist
-->
@Mopac
Orthodoxy aint American
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Segregationist
And why do you say that? I am an American. 

Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@Segregationist
I actually agree with you because when segregation ended in 1968, the murder rate and the rate of other crimes skyrocketed  (http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm).

triangle.128k
triangle.128k
-->
@Alec
True, but look at the stats you just posted. They were skyrocketing during segregation, while it ended, and after segregation. I wouldn't say segregation had an impact on crime. 
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@triangle.128k
I aggree with you now on this.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@triangle.128k
It's not a secret that the rise in crime and single parent families was caused by the war on poverty.
Analgesic.Spectre
Debates: 1
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@Segregationist
The fatal mistake was importing African slaves. Once you let them in, they'll do the dirty work that none of the native population wants to do, but it doesn't take too long before they start asking for rights. Not long after that, you'll start to see racial tribalism rear its ugly head, in the form of directing resources, well beyond their fair share, towards that particular racial group. It's all about resource acquisition. The excuses of "human rights" and "civil liberties" are convenient excuses. Whatever economic benefits a country receives in the short term, in regards to importing people of different racial/cultural backgrounds, are grossly outweighed by the irreparable damage done to the social fabric.

Don't think I'm picking on Africans, either. The inverse would be identical. In fact, you could trade Africans and American Whites for any other race, and you'd get the same result. Historically, this can be supported, too. For example, when the Romans started importing slaves to do menial/dirty work, the exact same thing happened.

Segregationalism is like a bandage on a fatal wound -- it's already fatal.