What TV shows do you watch?

Author: coal

Total: 11
coal
Debates: 6
coal
What TV shows do you watch? Why do you watch them? 

38 days later

Tejretics
Debates: 7
Tejretics
-->
@coal
I’ve watched Last Week Tonight consistently for four years now. It often has unnuanced coverage and I often disagree with it, but I think it does a really good job of breaking down relatively obscure political issues. 

In the same vein, more recently, I’ve started watching Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj. I think it has a lot of room for improvement—it doesn’t discuss policy prescriptions or advance normative positions too much, dedicating more time to establishing the facts (which people could just look up) and to humor—but it has some gems. I loved the most recent one on hip hop music and streaming. Really well-researched, and the entire piece felt like reading a long Economist article, albeit hilarious.

I also watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine and One Day at a Time (the 2017–present TV show). Have enjoyed both, they’re very funny, cover real and important issues (Brooklyn Nine-Nine has looked at sexual assault and at racism in the police force so far, and One Day at a Time has had really moving, powerful issues about LGBT identity and undocumented immigration). I don’t really watch anything apart from those now. I did enjoy the most recent Daredevil season, though I could’ve done with less of the action, as well as the OJ Simpson season of American Crime Story. 

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Tejretics
These are all great shows.  I also like "Adam Ruins Everything", "The Good Place", and "The Giant Beast" - [LINK]
Tejretics
Tejretics
-->
@3RU7AL
My mom watches The Good Place. Truth be told, I was a bit bored by it.

I don’t actively watch Adam Ruins Everything, but the few CollegeHumor clips of it that I’ve seen have been great.

12 days later

SamStevens
Debates: 0
SamStevens
-->
@coal
Forensic Files- pretty interesting to see all the different ways a person can be forensically linked to a crime.
Titanium
Debates: 2
Titanium
-->
@Tejretics
Awesome.  I'm a fan of last week tonight myself, the guy is fking hilarious.  I just binged through Star Trek Discovery, which was worth watching for sci fi fans, and I'm catching up on Attack on Titan.  I'm embarrassed to say that I've faithfully watched Supernatural for years which is like teen girl crack and I regularly watch the Colbert and Seth Meyers monologues so I can laugh at Trump on the regular.
Swagnarok
Swagnarok
One episode away from finishing Breaking Bad. And every minute of it was TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT. Truly the greatest Western ever made, even if, as some people have pointed out, a lot of the characters are so one-dimensional and stereotypical as to seem downright cartoonish.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
RN: Bojack
Finish: Paradise PD

TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@coal
Shows I have watched:
Cowboy Bebop: Heard it was good and it was good.
FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood: Heard it was good and it was good.
One Punch Man: Watched YouTube videos of clips from the show and it was funny and I watched the show which was actually funny.
Samurai Champloo: People said it was better than Cowboy Bebop but I disagree. Doesn't mean I didn't like it.
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Heard it was depressing and now it was is my favourite. 
Rick and Morty: Heard it was a good and it was good. Just stick to season 1. No point watching the rest.

Show I want to watch:
Beserk: Heard it was good. 

8 days later

KingLaddy01
KingLaddy01
Free HBO Weekend has introduced me to True Detectives and it's superb

KingLaddy01
KingLaddy01
I liked all 3 seasons of Fargo as well