Total: 18
Reece
Debates: 0
Reece
Yay or nay?

dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
From what I understand, they are non-addictive, have minimal long term effects and overdoses are not likely to kill you. As far as illicit substances go, they seem to be fairly harmless. 
DBlaze
DBlaze
-->
@dustryder
Yeah, if being completely insane for up to 12 hours is not harmless, then by all means, legalize it.
Reece
Reece
-->
@DBlaze
A bit hyperbolic. 
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Personally I think all drugs should be legal and no one should be helped if ODed. But that is me. 
DBlaze
DBlaze
-->
@Reece
Depends on who you are.  I know when I did them I thought everyone was the devil, saw and heard things that weren't there, smelled things that were not there, I wanted to be left alone, only I didn't like being alone.   That is pretty much the definition af a psychotic mania breakdown.  

The other things is, you can't go to sleep, so you are stuck in a state of mania until it wears off.  This is dangerous, not only to the person doing it, but others around them.

Anything that has the possibility of doing that to anyone (on the first time), should not be legal.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Polytheist-Witch

Personally I think all drugs should be legal and no one should be helped if ODed. But that is me. 

I am also fine with this.  So long as the "legality" comes with a full lawful definition that the user and user alone are responsible for anything and everything if you choose to use.

I'd want to know what's the dosage?  How do you know the concentration?  what interactions with other medications does it have?  any? 

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Reece
By 'legal' do you mean individuals picking some wild mushrooms or multi-national companies growning huge fields of mushrooms in commercial quantities together with professional marketing and distribution networks?
Reece
Reece
-->
@DBlaze
What about people who also have anecdotal experiences that are opposite to yours? I personally would just chalk it up to a learning experience. I get paranoid with weed if I have too much. So I limit the hits to a couple.

With magic mushrooms maybe start with microdoses to get the feel of it (however little that may be) and work your way up.if you want the "full experience".
Reece
Reece
-->
@keithprosser
I typed "Decriminalization". But if you people want to talk about legalization, go ahead.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Reece
Yay or nay?
Yay absolutely. Humanity basically has its head on backward on substances that have potential to as much good as they do harm.

Educating{ classes } responsible use of any substance should be passed on from generation to generation. Tribal rites of passage come with proper training/education.

Outlawing a substance is primary cause for the most paranoia.

Drug - Herb  induced psychosis is more likely when substance is criminalized.

An adult parent or adult with experience as a guide is more tribal way of education.

Humanity will be lucky to survive another 500 - 1000 years on Earth is my best guess.

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Reece
I imagine mushrooms are like acid and best done with a spotter to keep you from major issues while tripping. 
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
That's excellent advice.  Tripping solo is not a wise move.
DBlaze
DBlaze
-->
@Reece
The problem with that is, you really don't know the potency of the mushroom you are taking.  And it's not like drinking alcohol for the first time, you get sick and feel horrible pretty really quickly.  With Mushrooms, you can take a lot in the time that it actually starts to affect you.  You can sit there waiting for it to take affect and think nothing is happening, so you take more, then it finally hits you, then you realize you have taken too much, and you hallucinate and these hallucinations can be dangerous depending on what your mental state is, which is not a good thing.

And yes, I am sorry, I got a little ahead of myself when you mentioned decriminalization.  Sorry about that.  I would be more inclined to accept that than legalization. 
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@keithprosser
That's excellent advice.  Tripping solo is not a wise move.
Life is a trip.

What some substances do, is to make us more aware of that fact and that all of our trips come to a terminal ending.

Have a good trip is always a good suggestion.

I recall, that, as a young teenager, going to see a movies{s} by myself, and then thinking how I need to share this with some friends.

The trip is almost always  better when shared with friends.

As a teenarger had two drug induced psychosis trips. Fortunately my closet teenage friends kept me from doing some stuff that would have killed me.  Other stuff I did and just got lucky I was not hurt.

I recall most of my trips in whole, so it was never like drunk where many people forget more than they remmember.

So I recall I was dancing on roof of my car, and my buddy ---a little bigger in body than me-- reached to grab me on roof of car, and set me back onto ground. Why he did that dont recall, however the next day he stated that I was a light as a feather i.e. my energy was pumped and I was running high and he was not tripping but he was pumped in order to attempt to match speeds with me.

So it was fascinating to me that, he made that statement of the light-as-a-feather phenomena that he encountered. Way Cool even tho I was not cool. :--(

Window pane was the strongest acid out on the streets.  250 - 300 mg{?} 6-way hits and 4-way hits.  And that was too much for me at that age.  Maybe to much at any age. Another person who had done window pane told me he sat in a corner of a room and just shook for 8 hours. Weird.

It is also amazing to me, how I never heard any mg associated with the acid I did, but the names were consistent and I much later adult life those names  were all  verified with the ones I had done. Way Cool that part naming was transferred correctly.

What was not cool, was when I stopped doing acid and my friends say here is some strawberry mesc. So I thought it was mescaline. Then after was tripping I'm like hey this aint mescaline, and their like, 'no its not, its acid' , and I'm like, 'well that is not cool to call in mesc if its acid.'  I never did like how that happened to me.

Then there was the white powder me and friend sniffed off furry end of matche found in book of matches.  They said it was 'Angel Dust'. In later years people told me it was propbably PCP, or heorin or coke .  Never knew for sure, however, what I do know for sure is this;

it was the most euphoric experience I and my friend  had ever had and it that euphorial lasted maybe 30 minutes or so, and then the absolute most uncomfortable come-down occurred of my whole life. I mean my body-brain has never ever felt so weirded out ever.

The closet other thing that I could relate that experince to, is when I dropped a heavy oak planck on my foot,  and there was a 16Penny nail sticking out underside, and that point of that nail with all weight of oak board went through laces of my tennis shoe straight in bone on top of my foot. YIKES!

I went home and just like the angel dust experience except with PAIN, i.e. I was on my bed and could not find any position that helped to relieve the PAIN!.

With Angel Dust, me and my friend tried all kinds of positions on his bed to stop our head and body from feeling so etremely weirded out!

Reece
Reece
-->
@DBlaze
Is that what happened to you? Did you read anything about them beforehand? 

Thanks for the apology.  
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
Decriminalization is here on the ballot May 7th (our mayoral elections).  I have not seen any polling data or much debate either way so far.  I think generally Denverites have had a positive experience with legalizing marijuana five years ago and the consensus seems to be that criminalizing drugs has done more harm than good.  I would not be surprised if the measure passes and I would be surprised if decriminalization resulted in a measurable social impact either way.  I will probably vote yay unless I see some surprisingly compelling argument.
DBlaze
DBlaze
-->
@Reece
No, I didn't read about it, but you talk to people about it, some say it is the best, some say it is the worst and go to the hospital because they don't know what to do with themselves.  If taking something like that requires a spotter to make sure you don't freak out, and seeing things that are not really there, it should really be considered a problem drug.  Also, the more you do it, the more you change.  Yes it brings different perspectives in your head, it brings different thoughts, but do these different perspectives change you for the better, or for the worse.  

I myself, wish I hadn't done them because I feel different for the worse.  And yes, that did happen to me.  I was really scared for no reason.... And not paranoid like I was going to get arrested for taking an illegal drug, but scared of the people around me, and how I was acting, and what to do if certain situations arised.