Trip to Germany

Author: Polytheist-Witch

Total: 6
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Does anyone here live in Germany willing to give some places that are not touristy but would have things to do. My bestie and I want to plan a trip for a few years from now but don't want to do any tourist stuff. 

833 days later

RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
Sorry, I didn't see this thread.

Check out the entire Bavaria, it is exactly the vibe you describe without being hostile to tourists. It's also extremely unique in its history, it was originally its own nation but the Germanic people (then Prussians) and Bavarians saw a mutual benefit in uniting against the Austro-Hungarians and Bavaria didn't care to secede later on.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
We had to postpone this year due to covid and such. We hope to go in October of 2022. 
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
One of the most beautiful and interesting places one could visit on earth , Witch.

Allow me to point you in the direction of  the Bavarian castles and homes to the "Moon king" Ludwig II . Also known as the Swan King.  A tour of this Castle Neuschwanstein and  Lake Starnberg  where it is believed the Moon King was murdered.

Here you will see the full depiction of the legend of Percival and the Grail legend and much more esoterica and  even if your are not interested in such things you won't fail to be amazed  by the architecture and the pinnacle of a mountain Neuschwanstein is built on. Neuschwanstein it is said is where Disney got his idea for his fairy tale Disney castle logo.

And nearby is another of the Moon Kings castles Hohenschwangau also steeped in Grail lore. 

I have had many visits to both and spent at least  a hundred hours there in both castles, Witch. The place is absolutely spell binding.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Thank you. Sounds amazing. 
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch

Thank you. Sounds amazing. 

It is and you won't regret it. And I sincerely you hope you manage to get to visit them at the soonest possible date, Witch.