State of the Union DART Edition

Author: Vader

Total: 33
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
We are here today to discuss the state of DART right now and how it is. This is an open critics/praise of the community in the recent history. I will give my point of view of PRO and CON

Please do the same if you are interested. Will be responding to all

PRO
-Development
-Active Ownership
-Active Moderation
-Reward for Competing and Activity
-Clean Layout
-Strives in Necessities
-Other Social Media Outlets
-Diverse Community

CON
-Spikes in activity that lead to drastic drops
-Moderation is not "lassiez fair" and is more strict in circumstances that don't need any involvement
-Even in these scenarios, moderation should let them flame out due to activity drops(all depending)
-Development seems to have slowed
-Group PMs not added
-Defense to someone attacks should not result in a 5 day ban. They should at max result in a 2 day ban
-Mafia just gets pushed under the shelf
-Debateart.com forum is flooded with
   A)Memes
   B)Short, Unlengthy Posts
   C)Stupid Attention Posts
   D)Rumors
   E)Rap Songs

Overall the sit is growing with potential. It needs an active interface and user base is order to thrive. Thus I propose a solution to all of these issues

Solutions
-Promote website by funding advertisements and having rewards for setting site in a link
-Allow a full "lassiez-fair" type moderation systems versus "Whenever bsh feels like modding and being a Communist vs Capitalist"
-Someone who is active in coding takes on a part time coder and developer
-Punishment should be waited based on the storyline, not the base for all attacks.
-Introduce subforum moderators to check on this part of the site to keep it with the best of content

RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
No.
DebateArt.com
Debates: 0
DebateArt.com
-->
@Vader
Development seems to have slowed
That's only temporary, just lots of things to deal with in the real life. I will get back to speed in 2-3 weeks. 

Group PMs not added
Well, I've done 2 steps into that direction, I've rewritten the chat to make it much easier to extend and I've added real time functionality, the group chatting is the next on the list.

Mafia just gets pushed under the shelf
What do you mean?

Someone who is active in coding takes on a part time coder and developer
There's already a couple of guys helping me, I just need to organize the process properly and I will once I get back to speed.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-Debateart.com forum is flooded with
   A)Memes
I wonder who does that.
   B)Short, Unlengthy Posts
I wonder what idiots post to the 'record breaking most posts' forum. I also know that the entire games section of the forum is built for posts like this.
   C)Stupid Attention Posts
Like the one you just made in this thread's OP?
   D)Rumors
I wonder who they are about and who the fuck is spreading them, eh? Do they get spread on your Discord Server?
   E)Rap Songs
You came here thinking you're a kingpin of the rap game, you learned just how many levels there are to it and how mediocre you are, kid. Get the fuck out of here trying to toy with me and other rap geniuses. You made a thread calling me a worthless egotistical something and I murked you with such a powerful 2-stanza piece. You literally were so staggered you had to get the thread shut down by Bsh1. Don't make me come and rap battle you one more time.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-Diverse Community

This is a terrible thing. The right-wing scum are filling the site and it's disgusting. There are correct, superior outlooks to have and in each case there is a wrong one to have. It's about time you understood that. There are disgustingly wrong outlooks and opinions to hold and represent. They do nothing but ruin the world. Diversity in views is terrible, diversity in backgrounds is a fantastic thing.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Vader
Overall the sit is growing with potential.
When you make such claims, you should do your homework first. The statistics clearly show this site is in decline. Back in December, active members (I guage activity from members how have posted within the last 14 days) were about 140, last week it was just over 70 and today is about 65. In other words, the folks who sign up (about 1-2 average per day) are not enough to stop the decline. This will most likely continue until there's just a small core base of members, probably less than 20 who will stay.

The sad part about it is that so many good members who signed up have long departed and probably won't return.

Goldtop
Goldtop
The right-wing scum are filling the site and it's disgusting.
I wonder what potential members would do upon reading that? Hmmm...
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Goldtop
Join up to tell me just how wrong I am. ;)
Goldtop
Goldtop
Join up to tell me just how wrong I am. ;)
Being wrong is your best attribute, it's all downhill from there. No one bothers anymore or haven't you noticed?

Vader
Vader
-->
@Goldtop
I didn't say it was growing, I said "growing WITH POTENTIAL,"
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Vader
But, it's not growing and the potentials are masked by the issues. Every forum has potential if it's run properly.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Goldtop
It further prohibits you from responding to each other's posts and from mentioning each other (directly or obliquely) in any of your public actions on the site.

The RO will come into effect at 11:30pm, EST, on 1/31/19, and will cease to be in effect at 11:30pm, EST, on 3/1/19. This RO applies to both you and RM equally and is designed to give the dynamic between you time to settle down. Violations of this RO may be subject to penalties up to an including a month-long temp-ban.

Vader
Vader
-->
@Goldtop
Once the creator gets back on track, it will be better
Vader
Vader

Mafia just gets pushed under the shelf
What do you mean?
not an issue with a base issue with programming, but Mafia just seems to be forgotten when it should be promoted due to it's activity it brins

Someone who is active in coding takes on a part time coder and developer
There's already a couple of guys helping me, I just need to organize the process properly and I will once I get back to speed.
Where have they been

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Vader
Once the creator gets back on track, it will be better
Lol. Nope. The 'creator' has no clue how to run a site, that's why he's begging us to bring in new members and asking for ideas as to how to run the site. Unfortunately, he isn't interested in making any effort. He thinks that following the proper steps to improvement are all nonsense, yet the stats don't lie.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Goldtop
I haven't noticed, how many debates have you won?
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Vader
not an issue with a base issue with programming, but Mafia just seems to be forgotten when it should be promoted due to it's activity it brins
Well, I actually tried to create a separate section of the website devoted specifically to that but I realized it would involve too much effort so it's postponed for now, I am afraid. 

Where have they been
Well, we'll see how it goes, I first need to organize the process properly, right now it's a mess.
David
Debates: 91
David
I agree with pretty much everything, with the exception of the "Moderation is not LF." It's certainly far more LF than if I were completely in charge, so...

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@David
It's certainly far more LF than if I were completely in charge
That's what happens when you leave incompetent people in charge.

Goldtop
Goldtop
Why are you responding to me when you have me blocked, RM? That's rather childish isn't it? Still can't man up?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@David
Please, fucking please to your Jewish G*d and back REPLACE BSH1 as head mod. We need YOU, not this lazy two-faced politician.
Vader
Vader
-->
@David
You seem more LF than bsh. More consistent too

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Unless it's doxxing moderation is as long as Castin is happy nothing is wrong. I have said before the only mod to do anything here is bsh and he only mods when Castin tells him she is pissed. They hold up "violations" until she gets mad then they ban you. It's the dumbest fucking system on the planet. And no one cares cause Castin. Unless you make some huge political faux pas he disagrees with. That will get you banned too.
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@Vader
That's probably because you've seen me doing most of the enforcement. I think if you were privy to our private conversations, your mind might change. Virt has advocated several perma-bans (no one has yet been perma-banned) and several temp-bans which I overruled. But I think our tendencies are complimentary, because we have different approaches to modding, but aren't so far apart that we can't find agreement on the key issues. It's good to have those counter-voices to give insight into a variety of perspectives when making a mod decision.
Vader
Vader
-->
@bsh1
Fair enough
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vader
How does one make the double layered quote box like you have in post 14? I tried pressing the quote button while highlighting text inside a quote box but that just takes that text out of the quote box.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
If someone does this
------------------
i am 21 savage
no u r not

------------------------------
you copy the quote and the text under it. it will paste it the same way it was. from there all you do is quote everything else
---------------

i am 21 savage
no u r not
yes i am bc i am from england

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vader
i am 21 savage
no u r not

Okay, cool. Thanks.