If I were to run, I'd run as a Republican.

Author: 3RU7AL

Total: 62
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
“If I were to run, I’d run as a Republican. They’re the dumbest group of voters in the country. They believe anything on Fox News. I could lie and they’d still eat it up. I bet my numbers would be terrific.”

Going on YouTube to find the video now returns zero results. Searching Facebook where it was initially shared returns the same thing. Yet these searches harbor hundreds of comments from other people stating that they too have seen the video which has seemingly gone missing, as seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZtfSIgsH1o, and here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NtE8GISBhM , etc.

Which raises the following questions:

• Why aren't all of Trumps full interviews available anywhere? 3 minute clips of Oprah are cute, but not full factual interviews. (copyright arguments would be waived as the information now falls under fair use: http://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview/fair-use/four-factors/, however YouTube takes things down at anyones request as their system is so broken it spawned numerous protests that even got the CEOs attention (#WTFU, #MakeYouTubeGreatAgain, etc.))
  • If YouTube's claim system is this easily exploitable and copyright was stopping Oprah, Howard Stern and the like from being uploaded, why are selective parts from those interviews that paint Trump in a positive light the only ones allowed to stay? Last time I checked, Fair Use for things like educational purposes didn't just cover the parts of them that make someone look good (see: Coke/Pepsi branding laws in movies.)
  • Why is the quote in question suddenly being attributed to People Magazine when the words were spoken on video?
  • Why, if the video does hopefully turn up, were Google's search results hiding everything as far back as 1993?
  • Why again, if the quote supposedly came from People Magazine, is - "Trump republicans ...'are stupid'" - the number one most-searched autocomplete result on YouTube, the place people go to find videos?
It brings up another set of interesting points:

• The idea that a video is being copyright flagged on both YouTube and Facebook the instant it's uploaded is not out of the realm of possibility. There's a reason finding SNL clips is so hard.
  • The misattribution of the quote (to People Magazine, instead of the original videos source) is a tactic that has been around for decades used to fool people into thinking something didn't happen/wasn't true and - it's more important purpose - to stop people who actually do their research from researching the given subject further and deter them from finding out what truly happened.
  • The obvious argument that Trump calling people names is virtually his campaign slogan at this point so the idea of him saying something that harsh/that way is absolutely within said realm of possibility.
  • The peculiar fact that it appears as if no one has even raised the question of whether or not the quote was true on Reddit.
  • And arguably the biggest issue, of whether or not the ecosystems involved (YouTube, Google, Facebook...) have become closed enough - and the public has become comfortable enough - to truly let something "disappear" in 2016. (Shoutouts to /r/news.)
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
"How stupid are the people of Iowa?  How stupid are the people of the country, to believe this cr*p?" [LINK]
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
FACT CHECK: Did Donald Trump Say Republicans Are the "Dumbest Group of Voters"?

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Too bad Hillary couldn't persuade the deplorable idiots.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@oromagi
FACT CHECK: Did Donald Trump Say Republicans Are the "Dumbest Group of Voters"?
Here's the funny thing.

I saw this video myself.  I brought this up yesterday at work, and three of my coworkers distinctly remember seeing this video.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@3RU7AL
I have no reason to disbelieve you.  Question is: given the Snopes debunk, how will you convince others of what u saw?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@oromagi
I have no reason to disbelieve you.  Question is: given the Snopes debunk, how will you convince others of what u saw?
I have a few resources trying to hunt down the video that I saw.

The video I saw was a "one on one" interview in a darkened office.  There is some speculation that it may have been an "off the record" interview.

Apparently he said some disparaging things about republicans in the nationally televised Oprah interview as well.

The complete 1988 Oprah video used to be available uncut, but now there are only a few short clips online.

"It turns out, a meme was released into social media with a similar quote to what Donald Trump said in his 1988 interview. After circulation of this meme, the online records of the full interview were slowly erased from the internet. Thus, the meme became the scapegoat for people's memory of the full video and the "republicans are the dumbest" quote. The craziest part of all of this, is that the meme was clearly produced to deceive and misinform people. I say this because the meme misquotes the interview, saying it was People Magazine in 1998, not Oprah 1988. This is a classic tactic meant to distract people. Also, the meme includes a phrase referencing Fox News, which wasn't founded until 1996; making the quote seem fake." [LINK]

The thing about missing information is that most people don't notice what isn't there, and strangely they still trust the media (even a random internet site) more than individuals. [LINK]
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
New Video Surfaces Showing What Donald Trump Really Believes... [LINK] and [LINK] and [LINK]
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
Too bad Hillary couldn't persuade the deplorable idiots.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
-->
@3RU7AL
Have you ever heard of the Nelson Mandela effect?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Swagnarok
Have you heard of counter-intelligence-disinformation?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Swagnarok
What's the Nelson Mandela effect?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Swagnarok
This is my new favorite clip. 
Swagnarok
Swagnarok
-->
@Greyparrot
It's where, for one reason or another, a large number of people swear on their great aunt's grave that they saw X happen on the news one time a while back, when in fact the event they're referencing never happened.
For example, it's been alleged that Trump once said "I love low information voters". Whatever context he meant that in, it seems close enough to the "Republicans are stupid" thing attributed to him, especially in the eyes of liberals who already assume that Republicans are stupid and low information voters. So let's say somebody posts some fake news thingamajig on Facebook with the caption "Remember the time Trump said X", and the target left and left-leaning audience would then trick their brains into somehow remembering Trump having said that on a TV interview back in the 90s or whatnot.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Swagnarok
That seems like normal brain function though. If your brain is conditioned to see person X as evil, then it will construct narratives to support that, whether it is real or not.
Swagnarok
Swagnarok
-->
@Greyparrot
Yeah. The Nelson Mandela effect is something that probably all kinds of people are equally susceptible to. But in the context I've described it relies heavily upon confirmation basis (i.e. prejudice), and it leads to exaggeration of the faults of your political opponents, which justifies sticking with the slick bast*rds who claim to represent you no matter what they've done.
Swagnarok
Swagnarok
(In politics it's relatively difficult to defend the reputation of somebody who's been accused of something, since our natural instinct as Americans is to distrust everyone in positions of power. It's way easier to stickle some absurd claim onto the opposition and pull a tu quoque, since what worked against your guy will work against theirs too for the exact same reason, and so that will have the effect of "balancing itself out". But this also has the side effect of eroding faith in the system all around, along with making it easier for politicians to get away with actual corrupt dealings, which might've been the whole point from the beginning.)
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Swagnarok
This is why, knowing how the chemistry of the brain works, you MUST go into understanding politics with the mindset that every politician is untrustworthy... and you should never listen seriously to anything they say... and you should focus on what they actually do.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
This is why, knowing how the chemistry of the brain works, you MUST go into understanding politics with the mindset that every politician is untrustworthy... and you should never listen seriously to anything they say... and you should focus on what they actually do.
Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
And from 1958 [LINK]
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
And from 1958 [LINK]

Trumpman = bad.
If topic = republican> run trumpbad.exe
insert variable <hurr durr>
end program

Why do NPC's flock to this site?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
That seems like normal brain function though. If your brain is conditioned to see person X as good, then it will construct narratives to support that, whether it is real or not.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Swagnarok
For example, it's been alleged that Trump once said "I love low information voters".
Citation please.
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@Greyparrot
Why do NPC's flock to this site?

And continually allow you to prove how ignorantly foolish you are?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Swagnarok
The media often misquotes Trump: "Trump said the press is the enemy of the people"

Which is really funny, because it shows how fake the media is by regurgitating a lie endlessly.

Trump on more than a few occasions has said the fake news is the enemy of the people.

Every media outlet that keeps repeating that lie is the enemy of the people.
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@Greyparrot
He points to the cameramen, the reporters, the journalists and sound recordists at his rallies for the brain dead and calls them the enemy of the people. But go ahead and accept his fake news, how do you explain alternative facts. Water is wet but in pumpkin land the alternative fact is that water is dry. 8,000 lies and counting.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@disgusted

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
"CNN is fake news" at 23 seconds. [LINK]

(IFF) CNN is fake news (AND) fake news is the enemy of the people (THEN) CNN is the enemy of the people.

The origin of "fake news" [LINK]
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
This is all true, however, Trump has never said the exact words "THE MEDIA IS THE ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE"

Also, Captain Kirk never did say the exact words "Beam me up Scotty"
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
This is all true, however, Trump has never said the exact words "THE MEDIA IS THE ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE"
How does this make it any better?