A classic: From creator god ==> Specific God

Author: ludofl3x

Total: 1,007
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@keithprosser
Feel free to ignore the whole religion forum. 
Goldtop
Debates: 0
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
Offending people is what you do, it's all you ever do, you do nothing else here but offend. It is the only reason you are here.

You have no concept of reasoning, it does not exist in your rotted mind. Seek professional help, immediately.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@3RU7AL
Douche.
PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@disgusted
BS. My life is built on the credible testimony of the Bible with transcends the ANE and still applies in its message today; that is there is one way for a person to experience a right relationship with God and humanity without that relationship the person is answerable to God by their merit - what they do. 
There is nothing credible written by the IPSS, in fact they lie regularly when they "quote" their god. You've been at great pains to tell me how the OT no longer applies so the above statement must be just another godist lie. To have a relationship with any god only requires the exercise of a persons imagination just like you do. 
Because it is reasonable to believe based on the biblical revelation and what we see
So you don't know you just imagine it to be so, have you ever counted up the explanations you give because you imagine that is the answer?

Here again, you treat physical death as if it is the end of our existence - your choice. That is not the way I see life. I believe you have convinced yourself that all you have is here and now based on your limited knowledge and a specific worldview belief. Your belief system denies God. Thus, you are not open to God and afterlife. I think you feel it is in your best interest to deny God. 

Death is the end, placing a meaningless descriptor before the word is the result of your abject fear of death, it's pathetic to see a grownup do that and it's not a choice it's inevitable. You are so afraid of death that you have almost convinced yourself that it won't happen to you, that is gargantuan fear. All gods are the creation of men, they don't exist for me to deny them. The hubris of someone who believes in an afterlife is unbelievable. Keep pretending.

Why do you continue to present the yabberings of the IPSS?

Find someone else to dialog with. I'm not interested in your propaganda and misrepresentation.  

PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@disgusted
The difference is in speaking about someone that has a beginning as opposed to Someone who does not. He is the necessary Being that all other beings derive their existence from. He is self-sustaining. We are not. 
That distinction is never mentioned in your claims regarding life, your god does not fit any of definitions you give for living and yet you claim it is living.
Again, you FAILED to answer the question because you can't hear or understand what people are asking you. Your worldview stops you from understanding. Being eternal and the Creator then all life that begins comes from Him.
What question did I fail to answer? Prove your claim of a creator is factual and not just a figment of the IPSS imagination.
If you were eternal, how could you have a beginning? Answer that question.  
You have never seen life come from non life and from this you conclude that it cannot happen. You have never seen eternal life so to be consistent you must conclude that eternal life cannot exist.

Ignored.

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
Thank you for demonstrating once again that my accusers are in fact the ones guilty of what it is they accuse me of.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Mopac
Goldtop believes all theists are mentally ill and only the retarded would engage with the mentally ill. So guess what that makes him. 
Goldtop
Goldtop
False equivalence, just because you and Mopac are mentally ill doesn't mean everyone is, Poly.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
Thank you for demonstrating once again that my accusers are in fact the ones guilty of what it is they accuse me of.
No one is more guilty than you, who constantly accuse us of being idiots, morons and murdering scum who aren't fit to lick your boot.

You're a terrible liar, Mopac, thinly vieled.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
So what exactly are your terms for peace?

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
Simple. You stop being an asshole, stop accusing and judging everyone, stop pretending you're here to educate when you are accomplishing the exact opposite, stop repeating yourself over and over and try discussing things with people. I can think of more, but that should get you started.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
There is no way to peace, peace is the way.

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Mopac
There is no way to peace, peace is the way.
You really should credit the originator of quotes.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
In other words, you have no intention of doing anything I said, right?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@keithprosser
The statement stands independent of whomever is the alleged originator of the phrase is.

If a word of truth came from a guy with needlles in his arms laying in a puddle of vomit, the wretchedness of this person would not make the word of truth less because of who said it.

And for all we know, that is where A J Muste originally heard this saying from.

There is a billboard on the highway when I am heading to work.. it says "A house divided against itself cannot stand" - Abraham Lincoln

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
I can not help how you interpret the things I say. I would say that better for you would be to simply forgive me and move on.

If it helps, pretend I am a child. 

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
Forgiveness? LOL! For accusing us of being idiots, morons and murderous scum? For thinking you're our teacher and you're educating us? For repeating the same shit over and over for months on end? For being an asshole?

You already act like a small child so no pretening is required.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
How wicked.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Goldtop
Your own statement, made by you. Coward.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@keithprosser
You still here? 
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
How wicked.
Yes, you are indeed. When are you going to stop being wicked?
Goldtop
Goldtop
Poly still has me blocked, but still manages to respond to me, even if she is incapable of making any sense.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Goldtop thinks all theists are mentally ill and only retards engage with the mentally ill. Guess what that makes him 
Goldtop
Goldtop
Just because you're mentally ill doesn't mean everone is.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Goldtop
Your words.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
Five pages and not a single attempt at answering the question, theists? For real?? 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
I did answer the question and you told me I was stupid. You don't care about religion, theology, religious opinion or individuals in a religion posting here. So quit pretending to be hurt at our lack of helping your brilliant mind understanding our stupid rules and concepts. 
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@ludofl3x
Five pages and not a single attempt at answering the question, theists? For real?? 
(IFF) deism is true (AND) the oldest and most reliable codified ancient myths are likely to be the most reliable (THEN) either Hinduism or Zoroastrianism is true. [LINK]

(IFF) deism is true (AND) the oldest and most reliable primal proto-myths are likely to be the most reliable (THEN) animism and or shamanism and or gnosticism is true. [LINK]

(IFF) deism is true (AND) the most popular current myths are likely to be the most reliable (THEN) Roman Catholicism is true. [LINK]

(IFF) deism is true (AND) you believe in logic and epistemological limits (THEN) lawless pantheism is true. [LINK]
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@3RU7AL
That's kind of how you'd do it, hopefully that helps some of the folks here understand the question a little better. I'm granting the first IFF, there's got to be support for the subsequent conditions, right? You're more a formal logician than me, but wouldn't the argument then need to demonstrate or support that, for example, the most popular current myths are likely to be the most reliable? 
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@ludofl3x
...but wouldn't the argument then need to demonstrate or support that, for example, the most popular current myths are likely to be the most reliable? 
Yes, but I'd settle for simply making your axioms explicit.  Justifying your axioms is a whole other kettle of fish.