Serial Killers

Author: Castin

Total: 41
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@EtrnlVw
You can't know that the way a serial killer behaves in prison, before cameras, before a parole board, before any body of people he's looking to sway, is any indication of his true nature. They'll say or do whatever they need to get what they want. It's difficult to truly know what they're thinking or feeling.

But from the sounds of it, Panzram reminds me more of Richard Ramirez. Total malevolence, total honesty about it. But I have to say the master manipulators who lie and put on a normal charming face freak me out more.

If he'd said "I've sodomized a thousand men", I could accept that just being an expression. Instead his exact words seem to have been "I have committed sodomy on more than 1,000 male human beings". Odd choice of words. But I've only just found a few of his papers, give me some time to take a deeper look.

And you're not dreaming, I'm afraid. It's been reported that Garavito's relationship with his guards is amicable. I think if we cracked open a good many prisons with inmates serving life sentences for homicide, we'd find more than a few inmate/guard relationships that were almost friendly. The guards and inmates probably feel it's the easiest and most mutually beneficial way to get through their day-to-day.

Castin
Castin
The top three violent serial killers by body count are all from Colombia, according to Wikipedia. They're all believed to have killed over a hundred victims, and they all killed primarily children.

One of them was released in 1998 and his whereabouts are unknown.

RationalMadman
Debates: 561
RationalMadman
-->
@Castin
plot-twist it was the same guy with three personalities.
Castin
Castin
-->
@RationalMadman
Heh. Almost makes you think that, doesn't it.

But that would be terrifying. 🙁

119 days later

Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
I like Ted Kaczynski. He seemed to also be justified in his actions. It is atleast hard for me to argue against his logic
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Castin
"The top three violent serial killers by body count are all from Colombia, according to Wikipedia. They're all believed to have killed over a hundred victims, and they all killed primarily children."

I wouldn't take the body counts too seriously for at least 2 reasons.

1. Pinning myrders on serial killers helps close cold cases quickly and usually nobody questions it.

2. The killer is incentivized to take credit because often ebough it gets him out of his cell and a combo from McDonalds or other such conveniences valuavle to people who normally can't have them.

Castin
Castin
-->
@Wylted
The reported numbers on those cases definitely beggar belief. Even in countries like that one, where there are loads of children running around on the street all the time with no supervision, it's hard to imagine.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Wylted
I like Ted Kaczynski. He seemed to also be justified in his actions. It is atleast hard for me to argue against his logic
I guess Kaczynski could qualify as a serial killer. Though bombers are not typically the ones who come to mind when I think of serial killers.

But anarcho-primitivism doesn't justify taking human lives.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Castin
If taking lives furthers tge cause and delays unnecessary harm to several innocent lives human and non human than it is justifiable. By abstaining and targeting people who were advancing technology he may have saved us from god kbows what.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Castin
It's funny you mentioned the sheer number of unsupervised children. I assume it is because hispanics don't typically love their children so they have no interest in protecting them from harm.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Wylted
Lots of kids running around unsupervised is something you see in most impoverished areas of the world. It's a poor thing, not a Hispanic thing.

Kaczynski's actions saved no innocent lives. He did nothing to advance his cause, at least that I've ever read. He merely brought more destruction to a world that was too destructive already.

I don't think it was a worthy cause, anyhow. Much as I regret what we're doing to the environment, I have to keep in mind that anarcho-primitivists are pushing for a world in which modern medicine does not exist. Imagine no ER's, no painkillers, no life saving surgeries, no vaccines. The number of lives modern medicine saves each year is astronomical, which would mean that the world anarcho-primitivists are pushing for is one where an astronomical number of people die who would otherwise have lived. To me that means Kaczynski killed those people in the hopes of ushering in an age of even greater killing. An age that was never going to happen anyway, barring some global cataclysm, mind. You can't stop progress.