is trump a racist, or just have racist views?

Author: linate

Total: 94
linate
Debates: 0
linate

he says things that are racist, but that doesn't mean he is one.

he says a mexican judge can't be neutral because he is mexican. he said obama wasn't born in the usa. the only thing basis in both cases that trump had to say anything was color of skin. it's an unjustified prejudice, even if he's not fully aware of it. 

what reasons do you have to think he's racist? not a racist?
do you think he has no racist views?
triangle.128k
triangle.128k
none of those were "racist"
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@linate
I agree. Non of those things were racist.

The reason I don't think Trump is racist is because he has not done anything racist.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@linate
If those are examples of racism, then everyone is a racist.
linate
linate
how do ya'll define racist? my main criteria is 'unjustified prejudice'. in my examples, he had prejudice that wasn't justified based on skin color only, pretty much. the examples weren't exactly malicious, but they were prejudicial. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@linate
how do ya'll define racist? my main criteria is 'unjustified prejudice'. in my examples, he had prejudice that wasn't justified based on skin color only, pretty much. the examples weren't exactly malicious, but they were prejudicial. 
"Unjustified prejudice" can mean millions of things other than skin tone.

First off, you have to be some kind of backwards idiot in this day and age to believe that races exist based on skin tone. All the latest DNA testing will show a person with percentages of ethnic DNA from all around the world. Everybody is a mutt to some degree. There are no purebred "races." Additionally, there are far more mutts in places like America where there are massive migration patterns. The only place where you could find anything close to a "race" would be some secluded South American tribe or maybe some Australian tribe. Even then, there's still significant DNA variance that goes far beyond the singular phenotype of the melanin gene. "Skin tone race" is completely debunked by every scientific metric regarding DNA.

So in order to be a racist, you first have to be an uneducated idiot that believes in some theory some white colonists cooked up with no science behind it in the 1800's that claims skin color determines "race."

Next you have to believe that there are significant differences in these races on the genetic level.

Trump fails on both these charges.
linate
linate
-->
@Greyparrot
"differences on the genetic level"

you could have distilled your rant down to this as it's the only thing that might possibly make sense.  of course there are different races. there are black people and there are white people. sure everyone is a mutt to some degree but you'd have to be stupid to think there isn't a difference. also, even with your criteria, why is someone racist just because he understands that sciences says there are different genetics involved with the races? black people have different health concerns than white people, for instance, sometimes. the list goes on. i think if you starting saying something about prejudice and genetics or superiority, then maybe you'd be on to something. that is exactly how the dictinoary defines racist, involving prejudice or superority complexes. 
linate
linate
it sounds like something a brain dead liberal would try to argue, that there aren't races. of course there is. call a spade a spade. michael Jordan is black, from the black race. larry bird is white, from the white race. there are people in between but that does't mean the general rule doesn't exist. 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
it sounds like something a brain dead liberal would try to argue, that there aren't races. of course there is. call a spade a spade.

that is exactly how the dictinoary defines racist, involving prejudice or superority complexes. 

Then you agree there is genetic variance and certain behavioal predispositions within those races necessarily. 

Unless you dont, then I imagine a conversation about genetics with you is somewhere along the lines of,

Why is that dog the color it is? 

because of genes it got from its parents

Why is that dog the size it is? 

Because of the genes it got from its parents

Why is that dog not as smart as other ones? 

*sweats profusely* uhhhhh, various socio-economic factors of course 🙊🙉🙈

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Next you have to believe that there are significant differences in these races on the genetic level.

There isn't much difference percentage wise, minor differentiation can result in vast physiological changes though. The idea of "pure" races as thought of is pretty bunk at this point given the scope of crossbreeding and population growth that's occurred in the past 200 or so years. 

But, the notion that humanity will eventually become an amalgamated species of uniform mixed ethnicity is also equally bunk. Even with the rapid rise to interracial couplings, only one demographic, black males, sits above 10% at 12%. All other demographics fall under 10% with most falling even further to below 5% rates. 

This alone would suggest that is not likely to happen, and rather, we will over the course of tens to hundreds of milennia probably see the rise of interbred, bu distinctive nonetheless, races, that will replace the current conceptions of "race" as we consider it 🤔

Beelzedad
Beelzedad
Trump said, "I have had horrible rulings, I have been treated unfairly by this judge, Now this judge is of Mexican heritage, I'm building a wall."

There's no question Trump is a racist with that remark.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Beelzedad
Yeah, you have more than denials and ad-hom.

Doctor, heal thyself.

Beelzedad
Beelzedad
-->
@ethang5
Grow up, troll.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Beelzedad
Mexico isn't a race, it's a nation. That makes Trump a nationalist.
Beelzedad
Beelzedad
-->
@Greyparrot
How about the words Trump actually used, "Mexican Heritage"?
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Beelzedad
Your name fits you.

I can debate. So far, all you've done is hurl insults and get angry that you weren't agreed with. You can call me a troll, but if you keep acting like one, one of us will suffer a troll's fate.

Want to guess who?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Beelzedad
So what? Nations have culture and heritage, some that are in line with what America believes in, and some which are not.

There is no "Mexican" race, and people sound like 3rd graders when they imply that Mexico has a distinct "race" that sets them significantly apart from any other human on the planet.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@linate
of course there are different races. there are black people and there are white people.
Name me one genetic feature besides melanin every person with Black skin has that no other person on the planet has. Do go on.

How about every person with White skin? Don't bother replying, because the answer is obvious to anyone with a functioning brain.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
 because the answer is obvious to anyone with a functioning brain.
dude you didn't know he's the real scarecrow from Oz?

Beelzedad
Beelzedad
-->
@Greyparrot
Mexico has races who live there, some indigenous and some not. Trump was indeed referring to that judge's race when he made that comment. To say he was referring to Mexico as a nation is ridiculous.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Beelzedad
I really don't care about your opinion on the "races of mexico", or even about the racism in Mexico.

There is no ONE MEXICAN RACE.

You can criticize Mexico for a thousand years and it still won't be racist.

RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
Trump is a jingoist, a racist and a fascist.

He is entirely deserving of the hate he gets and will be remembered as a scumbag in decades to come.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Beelzedad
So when CNN calls out a Russian lawyer, are they being racist too?

The TDS is too damn high.
Analgesic.Spectre
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@linate
he says things that are racist, but that doesn't mean he is one. 

he says a mexican judge can't be neutral because he is mexican. he said obama wasn't born in the usa. the only thing basis in both cases that trump had to say anything was color of skin. it's an unjustified prejudice, even if he's not fully aware of it. 

what reasons do you have to think he's racist? not a racist?do you think he has no racist views?
This is further proof that the conception of "racist" is nonsensical, nebulous rhetoric.

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@linate
it's an unjustified prejudice, even if he's not fully aware of it. 

Unconscious(implicit?) bias? 
1harderthanyouthink
1harderthanyouthink
The two options given in the thread title aren't exactly different.

Beelzedad
Beelzedad
-->
@Greyparrot
The Russian lawyer is being called out as a spy, not because she's Russian.
Beelzedad
Beelzedad
-->
@Greyparrot
Mexico was not being criticized, a man of Mexican Heritage was being insulted by a racist.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Beelzedad
Mexico was not being criticized, a man of Mexican Heritage was being insulted by a racist.
Well glad you cleared that up. Mexican Birthplace= good. Russian Birthplace = bad.

Gotta keep dat P.C. rule up to date for the real racists.
Beelzedad
Beelzedad
-->
@Greyparrot
You're confused. The Russian lawyer was about being a spy, not Russian. The Trump comment was about being Mexican. Please try to keep the facts straight.