AMA (RM)

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 36
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
I will just do this again. I don't know why or care why it failed in the DarC section of the Forums, I only care that I persevere.

Coal has a rival and I will not cease.

67 days later

blamonkey
Debates: 24
blamonkey
-->
@RationalMadman
What would your ideal job be?

Do you often play video games? If so, do you have a favorite?

What are some of your favorite movies?

Do you listen to stand-up comedy? If so, who are your favorite comics?

You don't need to answer them all. I just wanted to ask a few since there wasn't any questions in the thread.

NoodIe
Debates: 0
NoodIe
Does it bother you that you do not know why the original failed and do you think that's worth investigating?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@NoodIe
This is me investigating.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@blamonkey
Be more specific of the context of your questions, please.

Favourite movie of all time? Son of Rambow and/or The Matrix Reloaded.

Both are mindblowingly well directed and pulled off. Anyone who says the sequels of Matrix were worse than the first is lumping the second in with the third.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@blamonkey
Favourite comedian of brutal stand up comedy? Jimmy Carr.

Favourite comedian of dry humour that means something? Ricky Gervais.

Favourite comedian of guffawing laughter? Usually this is people who aren't trying too hard to be funny. It's about laughing at the person.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@blamonkey
Do you often play video games? If so, do you have a favourite?

League of Legends.

If Online Poker counts, then that too. 

I won't directly reveal my username on either just so that I can keep my life there separate from the content of this account that debates controversial things.
NoodIe
NoodIe
have you ever hacked a website to gain intel about an opponent?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@NoodIe
Nope
NoodIe
NoodIe
and, do you think that you should not have done that given what you knew about the opponent?
NoodIe
NoodIe
Glad to hear.  Let's keep not doing that. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@NoodIe
Not have done what?
NoodIe
NoodIe
Nothing I've seen here.

NoodIe
NoodIe
RM blocked me again here FYI.

It always takes him too long to recognize me.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Again?
KingLaddy01
KingLaddy01
I would advise not romanticizing what you perceive as feuds or rivalries on a debate website. It's what I realized some time ago...

65 days later

DapperMack
Debates: 3
DapperMack
-->
@RationalMadman

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@DapperMack
My first thought is are you KingLaddy or Type1.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@DapperMack
My second thought is I ranked MGK as among the top 10 rappers of all time pre-beef with Eminem and he's absolutely making a comeback.

40 days later

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Bump for relevance.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
What has lead you to be the most narcassistic, egotistical, living in his own world person?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
It's led* not lead and something was wrong about how you structured the overall question as it's unclear if you're more interested in what led me to it or if I agree with my ranking as #1 in all those extremes.

I don't think I'm the most narcissistic person alive at all, for instance I think you're more narcissistic and sociopathic than I am. I do agree that I'm more 'in my own head' than most, that comes from a combination of ADD and high functioning autism spectrum disorder (it used to be called high functioning asperger's syndrome but they removed that name as 4 years of his research was done under the Nazi Regime). The difference between ASD and full-on Autism is that the former talks fluently much earlier in childhood than the latter and maintains a level of verbal and overall social fluidity that isn't seen in the latter, but both do struggle socially when it comes to emotional bonding and picking up on social cues. They can manually learn their way around that, however, and since usually they're blessed with much higher IQ than most, it's not that hard for them to do.

Egostistical could mean 'full of myself' as a narcissist is or could mean that I present myself very prominently and proudly, if it's the latter you're asking about, the reason I do that is I have no shame in what I am or how I became it, how about you?

31 days later

A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
-->
@RationalMadman
What people would you want autographs from?

What famous peoples do you think you would enjoy sitting down and talking to?

What would be your ultimate autographed item? For example, maybe the dude who played luke skywalker signs his lightsabre he used in the movie or the original sketch from your favorite anime signed by the artist.

You get to meet any one person from DDO or DART tomorrow for lunch, who do you meet?

Do you have any personal heros? (who are they if so)
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@A-R-O-S-E
Not all of my personal heroes are famous and not all those who are, are ones that are entirely socially accepted to state as such. A personal hero who is still controversial but many agree with, would be Nelson Mandela. Another personal hero is Malcolm X but I disagreed with some of his approach (especially his Islam and attitude to women and/or gays therefore). I have personal heroes of many walks of life, most of whom are fictional actually. I sometimes admire a lot in 'villains' in stories. I rarely like the main 'true evil' type but there are in betweeners who are not necessarily antiheroes but more 'antivillains' who you can admire to some degree. One such character is Elijah from the Originals, I see a lot of myself in him but I also see a lot of his more sinister brother Klaus in me, too. In The Walking Dead, I loathe the 'true villain' types like Negan and the Governor but Shane and Merle have a lot of things in them that I admire, they are very much like I'd be in an apocalypse, minus the abuse of women that they did (or stoody aside, allowing in the case of Merle). I understand their ruthlessness and see that in times when no one wants to kill zombies, still thinks of them as just 'sick humans' and is too afraid to make tough calls where either you betray someone or you both die (or get infected), shit happens and tough decisions need to be made. In my honest eyes, Shane didn't die the villain; Rick just used the narrative and got rid of a guy who his wife was falling in love with but justified it as keeping the people safe... Sorry if that spoiled a lot, but it's a season 1, out of 8, spoiler and I won't spoil Merle's storyline progression but he is very much like me in how and why he did what he did.

I relate to Barbossa in PoTC very much; be wild, but disciplined nonetheless etc. I mean I have so many fictional personal heroes, that rarely are the 'heroes' of their story... The list goes on and on. In House of Cards, I admire Doug Stamper a lot. He's an asshole, but he's the kind I can respect in a story where all except him had some skewed idea of loyalty and morality; he stuck by his moral compass throughout even when it contradicted everything he felt like doing and wished he wasn't involved in. That's not evil, it's pragmatic protection of those you are loyal to.

I'd love an autograph, meeting and everything like that with Eminem but only if it was private. I don't want to be famous, especially not for rap but I know for a fact that I could spar with Eminem bar for bar and impress the shit out of him, I just want him to truly hear and read my rap concepts (many of which I haven't posted online) and truly see how much or how little respect and appreciation he has for me. I get it, I'm meant to meet him to 'admire him' but it's not about admiration, I don't his personal path in rap and see battle rap as too vicious, especially in the flavour he gave it. Nonetheless, skill-wise especially in the raps that didn't make it to the mainstream, he's one of the greats of all time hands-down. 

If not Eminem, or if we take a different route in what I admire in famous people, I'd want to meet and chat with Hillary Clinton. I am extremely curious of some things, secrets and real motives behing things etc. I would love to tell her that she's on a side of Illuminati I can actually respect and have deep chats about politics, philosophy and flat Earth etc.

How about you?

If I got an autograph from Eminem, I'd actually let him tattoo me with it, himself handling the work or designing the autograph's art etc. He's a god to the rap game no matter how you look at it and he made rap into the only genre that doesn't just laze around lyrically for the sake of sounding good. I respect that so much, as well as his work ethic and other things. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@A-R-O-S-E
As for the DDO question, Airmax. DA question, Mike.

I like meeting the heads of intellectual communities, it takes a level of cunning and level-headedness that I deeply admire. I also want to find out more about who both are IRL.
Trent0405
Debates: 33
Trent0405
-->
@RationalMadman
What was your most enjoyable debate

What was your most productive debate

did any debate change your opinion, if so which one.

Trent0405
Debates: 33
Trent0405
-->
@RationalMadman
What was your most enjoyable debate

What was your most productive debate

did any debate change your opinion, if so which one.

WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@RationalMadman
Do you play an instrument? If so which one?
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
Why do you blocklist people who prove you wrong?

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Trent0405
@Exile
My most enjoyable debates are mainly ones where my opponent was so weak so I could really have fun (or troll debates). My anwer to that will impress no one, not even the debater(s) I say I had it against so I'll keep that to myself.

My most productive debate... On this website, huh... I guess it depends what you mean. Like, if you mean one I'm proud of, I am most proud of my recently evolved style of debate (Rhetoric persuasion R1, adapt the enemy and encourage them to keep going down the wrong path/s to proving me wrong and then win in R3 by summing things up logically and annihilate them if there's an R4+R5 with genuine, logical brutality).

This algorithm and style, as well as structure to each Round of the style, took years to come up with. I am proud as fuck of this debate for sure;

Both because I believed in the side I was representing wholeheartedly and because I performed very well in it, in my opinion, against an opponent who clearly was trying their absolute best and therefore I won despite their effort. That's the kind of debate I'll show my close family and friends maybe, whereas the rest of what I do on this website is not usually something I'd show off in general.