Author: BrutalTruth

Total: 10
BrutalTruth
Debates: 2
BrutalTruth

RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
JINJER is a goddess + male demigods of Indie-metal music.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman

One of the best metal-variant songs in the existence of music. If you understand what metal is supposed to do to your ears and soul, this is phenomenal.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I personally can't stand metal as it makes me feel what I don't enjoy; alert and anxious.

This is very appealing to people feeling dulled down, of course. The attraction that depressed people have to metal is much deeper than it being 'dark'.
BrutalTruth
BrutalTruth
-->
@RationalMadman
Very good songs. I enjoyed it.

I'll one up you though. Otep is the queen of the metal gods:

EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
Phil Anselmo and Dimebag Darrell are Demi-Gods!

BrutalTruth
BrutalTruth
-->
@EtrnlVw
I've never been a fan of Darrell. He's a talented guitarist, but his artistry is too random for my tastes. Walk is a good example. The solo in that song makes no musical sense with the rest of the melodies.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
I've never been a fan of Darrell.

Ahh that sucks. You look like a Pantera guy lol.

He's a talented guitarist, but his artistry is too random for my tastes.

Yeah he's not my fav but their music has so much energy, I like it better than I did back in the day. Did you listen to the end of "This love"?

Walk is a good example. The solo in that song makes no musical sense with the rest of the melodies.

I think I know where you're coming from but I think it's just his style which is kind of berserko, he's also always played the rhythm and lead by himself. What guitar player are you in to? 

BrutalTruth
BrutalTruth
-->
@EtrnlVw
Munky and Head from Korn. Wes Borland from Limp Bizkit. Mark Tremonti from Creed/Alter Bridge. Rabea (semi-famous YouTube guitarist).

53 days later

Subutai
Subutai
-->
@BrutalTruth
I've never been the biggest Devin Townsend fan, although I absolutely love Kingdom and there are a few albums of his that I quite like (including Epicloud).

On the progressive metal side of things, my pick for metal god is Dan Swano. With tracks like Twilight, Untitled II, and Uncreation, he also has a propensity for being rather eclectic (although admittedly not quite as much as Townsend), as well as having an extremely strong presence both vocally and instrumentally, while simultaneously being able to write and play quite beautiful, soft melodies.