Author: crossed

Total: 12
crossed
Debates: 62
crossed
the word pharmakeai means 

1. the use or the administering of drugs
  2. poisoning
  3. sorcery, magical arts, often found in connection with idolatry and fostered by it
  4. metaph. the deceptions and seductions of idolatry

the word pharmakon means

from pharmakon (a drug)
Definition
a poisoner, sorcerer, magician
NASB Translation

pharmakeai was originally in the bible but it was translated to sorcery in later versions in the bible

jesus said in the end time pharmakeai deceived all nations not sorcery

Parallel Verses
And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

most if not all prescription medication tons of side effects per pill and these side effects include thoughts to kill yourself puking blood yellow eyes and skin disturbing weight gain increased 

the prescription dug Prozac which treats depression causes yellow skin and eyes thoughts of suicide and 104 different thing. this drug helps with depression. it is an anti depressent. but this is the most hypercritical thing on the planet is one of the side effects of taking this pill is depression. so it is sold to people that it helps with depression then one of the side effect of taking the pill is depression. so does it help with depression or does it cause depression.

here another medicine that is commonly used this time Prozac a depression medication. this one has 104 side effects but a short list of them is here

thoughts of killing oneself

1. unusually pale skin

2. use of extreme physical or emotional force
  3. vomiting of blood

4. yellow eyes or skin
     slurred speech

1. eye pain

2. fainting

3. fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat or pulse

4. general body swelling

5. high fever

6. hives, itching, puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue

7. hostility

8. indigestion

9. irregular or slow heart rate

10. irritability

11. large, hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, or sex organs

12. light-colored stools

13. loss of appetite

14. loss of bladder control

15. muscle twitching
  16. depression

there is 104 side effect

the merianian webster dictionary of the word pharmacist says it history is

History and Etymology for pharmacy
Late Latin pharmacia administration of drugs, from Greek pharmakeia, from pharmakeuein to administer drugs, from pharmakon magic charm, poison, drug

crossed
crossed
odeval side effects

opdval has 110 before i lost count

• a few of the side effects

• yellowing of your skin or
      the whites of your eyes
  • severe nausea or vomiting
  • pain on the right side of your
      stomach area (abdomen)
  • drowsiness
  • dark urine (tea colored)
  • bleeding or bruising more easily
      than normal
  • feeling less hungry than usual
  • decreased energy

you know how when your watching a medication add and they start talking real fast when listing the dozen side effect the drug has listen to what they actually say

the medical logo is 2 snakes an a stick

parodys of prescription drug add they parody it

lunesta a drug that helps you sleep causes Hallucinations so it gives you schizophrenia how did we go from helping you sleep to giving you schizophrenia 

here some more

latuna comercial

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
pharmakeai was originally in the bible but it was translated to sorcery in later versions in the bible

That is how translating things to english generally works, yes. They change non-english words into english words.

Wait, you... you do know the bible wasn't originally written in english... right? You know this already? Yes?
crossed
crossed
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
yes the bible was originally in Hebrew and Greek

when translating the word pharmakeai to English they saw that the word also meant sorcery. so that's the word they decided to use for the English bible . but pharmakeai   also means poisoning people with drugs administering drugs not just sorcery  and translating pharmakeai to English as sorcery took all the meaning out of the word and verses.

jesus said the world would be deceived by pharmakeai not sorcery in the end times.

2. poisoning
  3. sorcery, magical arts, often found in connection with idolatry and fostered by it

Stronn
Debates: 0
Stronn
-->
@crossed
Etymological fallacy: The assumption that the present-day meaning of a word should be/is similar to the historical meaning.  This fallacy ignores the evolution of language and heart of linguistics.  This fallacy is usually committed when one finds the historical meaning of a word more palatable or conducive to his or her argument.

crossed
crossed
-->
@Stronn
pharmakeai means

2. poisoning

the meaning of this word has not changed pharmakeai means pharmakeai. the definition has not changed. it means the same thing today as it did 2000 years ago.

and this word is used in Jesus prophesy meaning something that would happen in the future. so he would have to know that the meaning of the word would hold up today as it did in the past

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Please feel free to never, ever take any. We are ok with that. 
crossed
crossed
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
ok.
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@crossed
Trust me, if you are in severe pain, you will be begging for that intravenous shot of dilaudid / morphine.

If you are going to look at it spiritually... i will add i don't believe in your religion, you can look at becoming addicted to these drugs as when you are sinning. Bc when you are addicted to these drugs you are not in control anymore... and to be honest, it is almost exactly like letting a demon take control. And getting off it, is almost exactly the description of hell. But here is the good part, you can overcome that and be even stronger after this experience. Experiencing being controlled by a 'demon,' defeating that 'demon in hell,' makes you quite strong as long as you know that being addicted means being dead and not in control. Some people just like not being in control and will give the 'demon' their life... to each their own. I don't think they go to hell... i just think if they move on from this life, they take their pain with them. You can have pain at home, or fly to Spain... you won't escape that pain by running away. This addiction scenario can have a spiritual connotation to it, so i'll give you that much... but, doing it to stop pain, fix a mental disorder, keep you safe... those are all 'god' given relief to those suffering. 

11 days later

Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
I believe the Lord gives us access to herbs and other such things to help in healing, not because lack of faith, but because of the dispensation of grace toward us to have herbs to help!

But i agree that there is a difference between addiction to pills and other things and simply drinking hot tea and honey for a cough. 

I agree with what you are saying, i don't take pills, I trust in the Lord to help me, but im not above using natural remedies to aid me when things get tough, cause like outplayz said, when you are in severe pain, you just want it to stop, you don't care how or why, just make it stop asap!

The problem that many people do get on medicines is because they don't have God in their life or they are doing things that harm them, many mental problems are caused by spirits and ive seen many people healed of pain, cancer, and other things at an altar as the church prayed for them.

I don't doubt the power of God, I believe healing will come if we ask in faith and are willing to humble ourselves to God. Other times, God may direct us to knowledge of things he made to help us.

I believe that verse has more to do with meth, weed, and other things. 

40 days later

Pinkfreud08
Debates: 17
Pinkfreud08
lol
Pinkfreud08
Debates: 17
Pinkfreud08
REEEEE