Theism vs. Atheism debate

Author: Fallaneze

Total: 540
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Fallaneze
Okay, so "observable evidence" is so loosely defined so that even though we can't observe meaning we can still consider there to be observable evidence of meaning?
If you experience a sense of "meaningfulness" and you can identify certain physiological symptoms of such an experience then the observation of those symptoms in others would reasonably be considered de facto evidence.  NOT scientific evidence.  Not conclusive evidence.  But also NOT "zero evidence".

It is important to always clearly distinguish Quanta from Qualia.
Fallaneze
Debates: 0
Fallaneze
-->
@secularmerlin
You can observe people. You can observe actions. You can observe the consistency between people's statements and their actions. Indeed, all of those all have observable evidence.

But do you have observable evidence of meaning? If so, how can you show meaning to me so that I may observe it?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Fallaneze
Meaning exists subjectively for me as a brainstate. I can only assume that since you seem to respond to my posts moe or less apropriately that you assign meaning to the symbols I string together to form words and that you too are assigning meaning.

If this is incorrect then this conversation has been entirely one-sided. 
Fallaneze
Fallaneze
-->
@secularmerlin
I guess I don't understand what you mean by "observable evidence." Can you provide a definition?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Fallaneze
We have already defined evidence so I will assume you are asking what observable means? In the context of evidence it means independently verifiable perceptions.
Fallaneze
Fallaneze
-->
@secularmerlin
How is "meaning" an "independently verifiable perception"?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Fallaneze
As I said before your responses seeming to be in direct response to my own is independently verifiable (I could ask kieth if it looks like you are assigning meaning to him) and I do perceive them. You would seem to display the very human characteristic of assigning meaning.
Fallaneze
Fallaneze
-->
@secularmerlin
It's not a matter of determining whether we have a shared understanding of meaning but whether "meaning" itself is an "independently verifiable perception." Where can I perceive observable evidence of meaning?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Fallaneze
Ah I see what you are asking. There is none. Meaning is entirely contingent on brainstates. Without our subjectively assigning meaning there is no meaning. What observably exists is the human capacity to assign meaning. Nothing is intrinsically meaningful in any independently verifiable manner.
Fallaneze
Fallaneze
-->
@secularmerlin
So the claim "there is no observable evidence of meaning" is true?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Fallaneze
I suppose that is correct. What there is evidence for is that humans assign meaning.
Fallaneze
Fallaneze
-->
@secularmerlin
Will you continue to find things meaningful even though there is no observable evidence of meaning?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Fallaneze
I will continue to subjectively assign meaning as I see fit the same as you.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Fallaneze
..even though there is no observable evidence of meaning?
What is it you want evidence of?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Fallaneze
I guess I don't understand what you mean by "observable evidence." Can you provide a definition?
Comprehensible text on a computer screen is one example of such "observable evidence".
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@secularmerlin
Nothing is intrinsically meaningful in any independently (objectively) verifiable manner.

Mostly because humans are incapable of comprehending anything "objectively".

So to be fair, "meaningful" is by no means unique in this assessment. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Fallaneze
So the claim "there is no [objectively] observable evidence of meaning" is true?
Clearly there IS ample subjective evidence of meaningfulness.
Fallaneze
Fallaneze
-->
@secularmerlin
Next question: do you have any observable evidence of consciousness?
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Fallaneze
Next question: do you have any observable evidence of consciousness?

Minimal consciousness = twoness, otherness, awareness

O = me { observer }

O = other { observed }

--- = line-of-relationship --ex EMRadiation or gravity-- between me and other

<..O--O...> = background, against which finite other is observed, finite  me is observed,  or finite Universe is conceptualised.

EMRadiation is quantised and quantified   --visible and invisible---

Gravity has neither association to quanta or quantifiable, to date --underlying essence--

The most complex consciousness,  accesses metaphysical-1 mind/intelllect/concepts and ego, ergo the ability to conceptualize a finite Universe with a conceptual God { self } outside of the finite conceptual Universe, looking back in and holding the finite conceptual Universe in a set of conceptual hands.

They got the whole wide world//Universe in their hands......Sing it with me..........

Most complex entity is woman { Xx } ---see more bilateral brain activity---  with man { Xy } a close 2nd having less bilateral brain activity.

Woman = attracter

Man = pusher

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Fallaneze
Are you concious?
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@secularmerlin
Are you conscious?
I can hear there reply already.

....'Do I have evidence that I'm conscious? No.

.....Do I believe I'm conscious? Yes'....

This is all Tom Foolery 101 philosophical looping in circles without ever addressing the rational, logical common sense elephant in the room { thread }.

Philosophy 101 meets relgious 101 and infinite set of random two-way looping{?}, for eternity, broke out.

Actually a looping i--see a torus or triangle integrally resolve itself--  what creates integrity so what you so called philosophers and religious are doing is an irrational, illogical looping of sorts.

Fallaneze
Fallaneze
-->
@secularmerlin
Can you use some independently verifiable observable evidence to determine that? 
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Fallaneze
Can you use some independently verifiable observable evidence to determine that?

Just as I predicted you would say in #142.

...M-Tard ..."I can hear their reply already.".....

....'Do I have evidence that I'm conscious? No.

.....Do I believe I'm conscious? Yes'....

This is all Tom Foolery 101 philosophical looping in circles without ever addressing the rational, logical common sense elephant in the room { thread }.

Philosophy 101 meets relgious 101 and infinite set of random two-way looping{?}, for eternity, broke out.

Actually a looping i--see a torus or triangle integrally resolve itself--  what creates integrity so what you so called philosophers and religious are doing is an irrational, illogical looping of sorts.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Fallaneze
Unless conciousness is an illusion I can look at your behaviors. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Fallaneze
Can i change your definition of god to something more like a non-dual, oneness, pantheism type god? These platforms basically imply everything is a manifestation of an infinite consciousness. So, it's a platform and not a entity or person... it's not a "who" but a source of everything. Although i wouldn't call it "god," does this work enough as a god in your view?  
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Outplayz
Can i change your definition of god to something more like a non-dual, oneness, pantheism type god?
Did you actually see any definition of his God recently?  I know is incorrect because it involves the creation of occupied space Universe.

Occupied space Universe cannot be created nor destroyed is transposition of the 1st law of thermodynamics.

...'naught is created nor destroyed'......ergo a finite set of eternal transformations is all that has existed and all that will ever exists.

None have ever offered any rational, logical common sense that, invalidates my givens as stated. I doubt any ever will.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@mustardness
I see his definition... i just want to make sure he agrees with what type of "god" i'm willing to go over. I personally think this platform has the best story / hypothesis... and all science starts with a story. 
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Outplayz
I see his definition...
Outplayz, Please point me to his definition of his God --thank you--  as I seemed to have missed, tho I think his definition is relevant to any of my posts here recently.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@mustardness
"prime, eternal consciousness and creator of the universe."

That was in his response to Merlin... and i saw it in a couple other responses.  

What i'm willing to discuss with him is everything up to the "creator of the universe" ... i would have to see how he defines that.  

mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Outplayz
"prime, eternal consciousness and creator of the universe."
Ok thanks.

So Fallanese's God is "prime".  Whatever that may mean to them. 

"Eternal" is good as Ive made clear Universe//God is eternal for many years now.

Creator is incorrect. You and him both reference an inferred cosmic "source" ergo a "creator".