I'm leaving DebateArt.com

Author: Alec

Total: 135
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
Hello fellow Debaters,

Life got in the way.  I have so much to do and I thought this site was a profound distraction.  Because of this, I'm leaving the site.
David
Debates: 91
David
Come back soon. We'll miss you
DebateArt.com
Debates: 0
DebateArt.com
-->
@Alec
You'll be missed, mate
Titanium
Debates: 2
Titanium
-->
@Alec
It feels like this page should include more drama but somehow satisfying that it does not.  Enjoy your break.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Good luck. Miss chatting with you. 
dave2242
dave2242
probably should do something similar but i like this site to much

RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@Alec
@Titanium

Titanium
Titanium
-->
@RationalMadman
Nice AMV and get ready to be taken off that #1 spot on the leaderboard.  When I wake up I start debating myself if no one's around.  It's like breathing to me ;/
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Titanium

Titanium
Titanium
-->
@RationalMadman
Excellent, I've never heard this guy but the lyrical flow was quite good and I like the horror background sound.  Still love the feel and image presented by my boy$ over here:

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Titanium
Not sure if you're trying to trigger me or not (funny as it had an image of a gun on the guy's shirt) but that is not really the same subgenre of hiphop as 'rap' or 'grime'. What you just showed is known as Mumble rap with one of the most unpleasant voices to mumble with that I've heard in a long time. I don't mind shitty rap, Night Lovell is a pretty great 'crap rap' type who clearly doesn't give a damn about lyrics but makes it sound good and gangsta enough to be pleasing. You're displaying very bad taste, it is disappointing.

When you say you find that superior or equal to Devlin, it is worrying how much you must be suffering then as I wonder what could be displeasing or horrible to listen to for someone like you, do you feel disgust at things?
Titanium
Titanium
-->
@RationalMadman
Interesting.  I'll have you know that arguably one of the most memorable rap critcs against mumble, Eminem, has called out suicide boys by name favorably.  They're lyrics can be quite impressive and that guys voice is like a gun in and of itself.  I'd have to hunt for one of their more lyrically impressive pieces but I really just like the sound and image they present which is contrary to my usual hunt for great lyrics.

Not clear what sub genre, beyond horror core, they fall in.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Titanium
Eminem is arrogant in ways that are entirely unjustifiable. He will side with and against rappers at his whim.

G-Eazy was befriended by Eminem to hit back at MGK and he called MGK a mumble-rapper while defending G-Eazy's honour against MGK's dissing of G on the side of having dissed Em. Eminem is a fucking two-faced guy but he will always be a powerhouse in the rap game that only Minaj and Vinnie Paz (you probably don't know who he is) can fuck with in terms of genuine rep and built-up thorough respect for what they broke the mould of and changed in the rap game; Minaj being not just a woman but such a powerful person due to her allies in the industry and Paz because he founded 3 labels/groups, 1 being he himself, and who is absolutely a founder and fundamental aspect to modern rap as we know it. He pioneered flow and lyricism in ways that none before him ever did and explored making beats that weren't hip-hop but still were gangster as fuck and pleasing to the eardrum.

Tech N9ne could arguably take Em on but he'd objectively lose because Tech's strategy is to fight 'around' enemies in the rap game and manoevre via other rivalries the enemy has. He did this with The Jokerr, even got the guy to release a 'sorry for dissing' song months later.

Tech N9ne isn't dead, Tech-9 is another person; a rapper-turned-commentator.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
G-Eazy is a worse rapper than MGK in terms of lyricism.
Titanium
Titanium
-->
@RationalMadman
you clearly follow the rap game harder than I do.  I'm familiar with and respect G-Easy's work but have no idea who Vinnie Paz is.  I'll have to check out Tech as he sounds like an avid business negotiator in addition to the raps.

Em is a powerhouse.  I mentioned that know one can beat him lyrically.  I'll check out Tech if you're saying he's strong lyrically.
Titanium
Titanium
-->
@RationalMadman
Ugh, I thought I was impressed by lyrics at the foundation.  G-Easy is cool as fk with a hook.  It's about an image in general, not just the technical alacrity.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Titanium
Many can beat Eminem lyrically because Eminem focuses much more on being funny and creative with puns and rhyming for the sake of rhyming than on actual depth of lyrics or flow.

G-Eazy is good at the rap game but entirely embodies what you just described Tech N9ne as.

I will give you an example of Paz when he is barely trying to be in-depth, how amazing he still is:

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Titanium
Eminem autowins against all rappers except Nicki Minaj, Tech N9ne and Vinnie Paz because of who is to the rap game.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Titanium
Suicide boys are pretty darn good. At least the songs i like. Pouya is good too. I never thought of them as mumble rap. But i'm really liking the horror rap genre... it pumps me up. I think one of the best is Ghostemane:

If you pay attention to the signs in the beginning of the video, those are all known to the metal crowd. So, i get a suspician they are trying to be metal rap too, or at least cater to the metal fans. Here's another cool Ghostemane song.. the way he ends the song is lit too: 

These are going to trigger RM though hehe. He hates ghostemane. 

Here's a couple suicideboy songs i like (they look so perfect with AMV's too):

I thought this was suicide boys but it's XXXten. One of the best break downs i've heard a rapper do. I love this new style of rap. Call it whatever you want... i listen to metal so mumble rap sounds like a perfect match to that lol

Titanium
Titanium
-->
@RationalMadman
I've never considered Nicki Minaj a great rapper.  Great butt, great marketer but still.  Shoot me an example of or of her better songs if you can.
Titanium
Titanium
-->
@Outplayz
Yes, I've listened to Ghostmane too, saw the song you posted which is one of his best.  Can't eg enough of uicideboy$ but cuious what will come out of the horror core genre.  They have teamed up a lot with black smurf recently  which has just added to their terribly criminal and choaic lives.
Titanium
Titanium
-->
@Outplayz
Also, check this shite out:

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Titanium
She is less impressive if you focus on rhyming, focus on her puns and depth:

^ no other rapper alive would ever diss these people in this way, they'd be reputation-buried for doing so.

She does it hilariously and with intense creativity. She isn't lyrically superior to Em, obviously lol.
Titanium
Titanium
-->
@RationalMadman
Oh yeah.  I'll say it again.  Great butt.  That was quite good, I'm curious as to why Cardi B trounced her so fast which is my main recent investment in the topic.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Titanium
Pounced? Trounced? BAHAHAHAHA, more like meowed at the Tigress.
Titanium
Titanium
-->
@RationalMadman
Hmmm, well we'd have to look at youtube clicks of record sales to avoid bias wouldn't we?  Whatever it takes to be objective but that was my impression just based on the news.
Titanium
Titanium
*butt
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Titanium
Sales? If I sell more 'shit' than your 'diamond' is that good?

Cardi B stole her rapping style because her label abused the fact that Snow The Product never patented her rap style and had temporarily broken things off with Tech N9ne (not relationship, business alliance breaking off temporarily). They come out with Cardi B using Snow's exact style of delivery and flow and are expecting Snow to run away hiding. Snow evolved her style and is 99999999x better than Cardi B.

Cardi B has all her lines fucking written for her.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Titanium
Also, check this shite out:
My god... i got that shitte on repeat. Freaking sick song. 

You know, i think they are brilliant in letting people make AMV's of anime's to their tracks. I didn't like it from the beginning for a second, but the video kept me watching (Hellsing is one of my fav animes). Then that drop came, and so did i ;p 

But seriously, i think it's brilliant bc they are getting the youth into watching their videos. And that's where every movement starts. Get the youth to believe in it and it will blow up. I started listening to this stuff when it was fairly new, but now they have a couple million views. And, honestly... it's sick beats and flow. If i had to guess, it has to become bigger... it's just the next evolution. I hope it is, bc i am loving this evolution. There aren't many genres of rap i can just go through and find a bunch of songs i like... but in their genre it's like every 3 videos i like one at the very least. Plus, the kids need a dark genre. When has there ever not been a popular dark genre whether it be Marilyn Manson or Ozzy... there will always be dark genres. But i think the majority can get into the beats and flow too. So it's tricky... will it blow up? I hope so. It's pretty sick. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Titanium
I don't particularly care about ass. I'm more of a legs, face and breasts man myself.

Her ass isn't why I like her as a rapper anyway. I didn't say I listen to Minaj much, I said she's a monster in the rap game.