Stardew Valley

Author: Titanium

Total: 13
Titanium
Debates: 2
Titanium
I don't game often which makes it slightly embarrassing that I've just decided to run a fake sim farm in my spare time recently and that I'm annoyed my cows are not really producing milk  recently.  It's actually a pretty fun independent game on steam.  

Anyone else ever try this?
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Titanium
Finished it by completing the museum. That is really annoying and even the gifting system where you have to guess what people like. I wasn't about that and decided to search it up. I don't know if it doesn't anything better than Minecraft so I would rather play that then Stardew Valley. If you really hate first person games then I can see Stardew Valley being better but I highly doubt anyone can give a good argument for Stardew Valley being better on those grounds. If you want something like Minecraft but with more bosses and more NPC's then I say play Terraria. I would consider both Terraria and Minecraft better than Stardew Valley. If you are really annoyed about the museum simply go through the corporation route. The ending is not worth hassle of getting everything for the museum. 

Titanium
Titanium
I just don't game often.  It's funny you mention hatred of first person games.  I don't hate them but don't like them either and they can make me nauceous if they move to quickly.  First one I loved was bioshock.  Not only was the plot amazing but it was a slow and strategic shooter with a gameplay I could get into. 

Yeah, I have now relationships in town.  Just angry at my cows and trying to get past the 25th floor in the mine.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Titanium
I just don't game often.
I guess take my advice. If you want Stardew like game with bosses play Terraria. If you want it to be 3D and with less bosses play Minecraft.
First one I loved was bioshock.
Prey is better. You should play that.
Not only was the plot amazing but it was a slow and strategic shooter with a gameplay I could get into. 
Apart from the twist that the guy who has been helping you is the bad guy. I don't think there is too much to it. It doesn't dabble in too much instead puts a toe into a river and does decide to jump into it. It required more world-building to be a really good story.

Yeah, I have now relationships in town.  Just angry at my cows and trying to get past the 25th floor in the mine.
It is like with most games. The higher your progress in the game the longer it takes to progress even further. This not a bad thing but I think Stardew does make it bad because the mines are random so even with a 2nd playthrough you won't be familiar with the layout instead what will be on each level. I don't like random dungeons. It makes seem like the developer got lazy but in this case it was made by 1 person. I can't get mad at that but would have liked him or her (don't know) to ask other people to fine-tune so that there is reason why you should play that game instead of Minecraft or Terraria. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Titanium
Put my name in the receiver. Don't know if there is a message if you don't @ me. 
Titanium
Titanium
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Hmmm, I did actually play Terraria for a while and it was great.  I guess you have the plot of Bioshock pegged.  It was really the psychological feel and injected demonization of Rand's view.  The mood was great but I see tjat there was not much plot.  I'll have to Check out Prey.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Titanium
Hmmm, I did actually play Terraria for a while and it was great. 
It has improved but be warned the specifications required to run the game have increased. So make sure you have a computer to run the game. 
Just checked. Have at least 256mb dedicated RAM to play the game. 
 It was really the psychological feel and injected demonization of Rand's view. 
Yeah. Required more than that for me to really enjoy it. Can we agree Bioshock infinite is terrible?
The mood was great but I see tjat there was not much plot.
Yeah the mood was great which is definitely helped by the scenery. 
I'll have to Check out Prey.
That game is fun. Don't know why I didn't finish but I was enjoying myself. It is Prey 2017. 
Titanium
Titanium
-->
@TheRealNihilist
How do you quote people here?

Sadly I only have a 512 card and an old machine.  Gonna update soon and I am soo looking forward it.  A friend of mine already gave me his $400 mother board (current price) and I'm cheap so that's very inspiring for me to buy some other pieces.  Trying to decide on a processor right now.

Bioshock Infinite was not great but interesting.  I appreciated what they tried to do at least.  It was interesting to see the world degrade rather than just be injected into a post apocalypse like the original.  Anyway, stay off... I really need to work.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Titanium
How do you quote people here?
There is a button that looks like speech marks next to underlining and before the bullet points. That should be enough for you to find it.
Sadly I only have a 512 card and an old machine. 
That is enough. It was 256 not 512 as the recommended. Just to make sure here is a link. Download the file wait for the application to scan your computer it will redirect to the page and you should see 2 green ticks. 
Bioshock Infinite was not great but interesting.
It is like eating something you like but there wasn't enough of it. If they focused on that rather then being half-baked in other corners it would be much better and might even be comparable to the first Deus Ex.
I appreciated what they tried to do at least.  It was interesting to see the world degrade rather than just be injected into a post apocalypse like the original.
Too bad they didn't improve on the first. Shame really who would have thought you create sequels to improve on the last game.
Anyway, stay off... I really need to work.
Reply later on. If I don't reply now then more than likely I will forget because I engage in many conversations. 
Titanium
Titanium
There is a button that looks like speech marks next to underlining and before the bullet points. That should be enough for you to find it.
Yes.   I'll DL the new version of terraria for sure.  I was trounced by an underground boss and could on get him to respawn which turned me off it.

Yeah, sequel did not really improve but that's a rare feat I think, High expectation for an enterprize me.  T2, Portal 2 and empire strikes back.  I get it but still these are rare examples.  I know enough about gaming to see why Valve knows enough not to make a third o_O

That is enough. It was 256 not 512 as the recommended. Just to make sure here is a link. Download the file wait for the application to scan your computer it will redirect to the page and you should see 2 green ticks. 
Yeah, that's great for tomorrow but my next machine will crush everything.  I'm going to build it to play star citizen so it will be a beast.

dave2242
Debates: 0
dave2242
-->
@Titanium
so wait are you one of those people who believe that star citizen will not come out in the next millennia 

btw i played a bit of risk of rain 2 and i can say its a bit glitchy and not everything is there (as to be expected by a early access game) its a good game
Titanium
Titanium
-->
@dave2242
Heard it was definitely next year.... 5 years ago XD seriously tho,  They're saying 2020 which seems realistic.

Hmm, what's risk rain?

dave2242
Debates: 0
dave2242
-->
@Titanium
risk of rain (original) and risk of rain 2 (the newer one) are both rouge likes that get more difficult over time.
the main difference between them is that risk of rain 2 is in 3d while risk of rain was 2d and risk of rain 2 is in early access