Improvements to DA

Author: TheRealNihilist

Total: 17
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
Why can't you guys/gals not allow people to go through other people's profile?
Example on DDO I can go on what forum post the person has made whereas on DA I see they have a number of forum posts but can't click on it.
Why? 

This is not a improvement more so personal preference. Can you guys/gals add a feature that replicates DDO's look? I like the way the debate section was set out. It might be nostalgia but even now I can't shake my positivity towards the way DDO's debate section looks. It is not ecompassing the whole screen and it centred in middle and on the side is other sections of the website. Basically my problem is that it is a bit too wide for me. I liked the gaps on the side so that words were centred in the middle. I also like that strip they have where it signifies what Round I am on. Blue is Round 2 Red is Round 1. I don't also like how big the debate details is. I think you guys/gals can make it shorter. I like the icons like below debate details they are consistent.

This is my list which I think is not too much to ask for.
I like words more than colours and icons and was hoping you add more words in the debate section. One example is the yellow star. Can you add the text "Add it to favourites"? 
The font would also be more consistent if all the words used used the same font as the debateart.com logo on the top left. I think it looks better. The worst example would be when in a debate section you see the title of the debate which is a different font compared to everything else. If you changed to be more consistent then I would be happy. 

I think that is it.
Don't know if this would become read-only. 

RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@TheRealNihilist
^ your forum posts. Want me to explain how it's done?

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Thanks for this, I'll make sure the admin is alerted to the improvement ideas. In future please go to the pinned thread called 'Platform Development' to suggest ideas like this.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@RationalMadman
Didn't see that section.
Okay next time will do. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@RationalMadman
Shall I copy what I said there or leave it as is?

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Would split it up and post there for long term record that can be looked back at much later on no matter what except for the first, which I proved is a suggestion that already works just different to DDO which is important as it would be intellectual property theft to copy all of DDO's layout. That variation is a good thing.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@RationalMadman
"That variation is a good thing."
So you can't shorten the layout size in debates? How about having a slider of sorts or like an option to choose classic DA or "improved" or Readers DA?
What if that variation was a bad thing? (joke question)
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I was referring to the forum post section etc being different in methods and layout to reach and view it, compared with DDO.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@RationalMadman
I was referring to the forum post section etc being different in methods and layout to reach and view it, compared with DDO.
Okay
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Your colour-of-Round suggestion... Is it the colour that's the issue? That is done here with different colours.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@RationalMadman
Your colour-of-Round suggestion... Is it the colour that's the issue? That is done here with different colours.
I like it on side so that it is more of a signifier of the next Round. I don't expect you guys/gals to put on the side Round 2 or Round 1 on every line but the colour should be enough to identify what Round it is on if people care to remember that slight detail. 
I can change colours? How? 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Why can't you guys/gals not allow people to go through other people's profile?
Example on DDO I can go on what forum post the person has made whereas on DA I see they have a number of forum posts but can't click on it.
Why? 
Probably the way they coded it. It would take awhile to do something, and he is working on big things to benefit the entire community

This is not a improvement more so personal preference. Can you guys/gals add a feature that replicates DDO's look?
Juggle would be on our ass then

This is my list which I think is not too much to ask for.
I like words more than colours and icons and was hoping you add more words in the debate section. One example is the yellow star. Can you add the text "Add it to favourites"? 
?. Elaborate
The font would also be more consistent if all the words used used the same font as the debateart.com logo on the top left. I think it looks better. The worst example would be when in a debate section you see the title of the debate which is a different font compared to everything else. If you changed to be more consistent then I would be happy. 
I don't think a lot of people care enough about that to fix it
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheRealNihilist
you can't change colours but they are actually changed, Round 1 is Yellow every time, Round 2 is light-green etc.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Vader
Probably the way they coded it. It would take awhile to do something, and he is working on big things to benefit the entire community
I found the way DA does it and it less of a hassle because it is less scrolling.
Replicate it. Besides they are non-existent and you can't add your own inspiration so that it is does not a copy.
?. Elaborate
Like on DDO. Go into a debate and see the add to my favourites button. I want that next to the icon.
Shouldn't this be easy? I think it would.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
you can't change colours but they are actually changed, Round 1 is Yellow every time, Round 2 is light-green etc.
No but that is only at the start of that Round not on the side when there is a lot to read you can realise yes this is still in the same Round. 
I mean like customise and as in I don't like orange so I want to change it to be red. I don't like I think it is navy blue so I will change it to look like my PS4 homescreen blue. 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I found the way DA does it and it less of a hassle because it is less scrolling.
That's fair. I do want to see this implemented, but I don't think it will soon
Replicate it. Besides they are non-existent and you can't add your own inspiration so that it is does not a copy.
True, but Juggle is a big boy. It can ressurect itself if it sees DART(DA) doing good and can sue
?. Elaborate
Like on DDO. Go into a debate and see the add to my favourites button. I want that next to the icon.
Ohh. You can do that I'm pretty sure. I find it more efficent tbh this one vs DDO
Shouldn't this be easy? I think it would.
It is, but no one cares enough to do it
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Vader
That's fair. I do want to see this implemented, but I don't think it will soon
The way they are using now is much better than the DDO version. I doubt even having that choice even improves functionality but it might.
True, but Juggle is a big boy. It can ressurect itself if it sees DART(DA) doing good and can sue
Big boy? It is practically d*ad. Resurrect from what? Their finances they barely generate from DDO? DA can replicate not copy. Besides at that point DA won't even lose that much money or even lose any money at all.
Ohh. You can do that I'm pretty sure. I find it more efficent tbh this one vs DDO
I like words. It is easier to recognise compared to an icon if possible.
 It is, but no one cares enough to do it 
Has anyone asked or am I the only one who picked on about this and wanted to type about it?