Should Bsh1 be replaced as head mod if mods were selected democratically?

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 68
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
I get it, he's appointed and we have no say in the matter. I'm curious what the userbase thinks.

This isn't a call-out thread to insult, this is a proper issue that keeps getting buried under the rug. 

We need Virtuoso to be the head mod and to let members like myself become the new co-mod. I don't care if Bsh1 still remains in the team or not, he is not too terrible and not too great.

What we have is Virtuoso constantly staggered as he has double the workload of what a 2-man mod team would have and less of the powers and even access behind the hood to ascertain things about some users or disciplining them.

This situation is completely pointless if you guys do trust Virt enough to be doing all the work that Bsh1 is doing but having to run it all through an inactive boss who doesn't just delegate; he shoves his own role without the perks and added data onto Virt and that's fucking unacceptable.

This thread is not about hurting bsh1's feelings, this is about helping the website. I want to know how we are deciding who ends up as a mod or not. I get it, I should shut up he's appointed but fuck off with that; I have too much passion for this website and have helped it blossom from a seed. I love what debating is and what this site is enabling free-thinkers to do online. This may become a revolutionary website some day or a good outlet for nerds. Either way, I want it to become something great. Bsh1 is an obstacle to that because he has all the power to stop everyone else except him and he is not active enough or consistent enough in how he does moderate to please the userbase as is. This is beyond demand vs supply now, he's not just underperforming he is performing so bad that people are often only staying due to the diligent PMing that Virtuoso and myself do behind the scenes as well as the public work that Ramshutu at times does to defend and pursue abusive members without threatening them. Meanwhile the guy with all the power and access is just absent every single time and entitled to stay in his rank. He will say 'but I make MEEPs' yeah you make MEEPs once ever fucking 3 weeks for a website that has been lately dealing out 2 updates a day thanks to the teamwork of myself, Virtuoso Ramshutu and the admin not because of you, bsh1.

I am fucking sick of this and want to know why he is in power undemocratically and undeservedly. From day one, he was opposed by many and I was an avid defender. Over time he managed to displease every single member of the website and please how many? It seems only Virtuoso and the Admin are pleased with him, because they have a sense of camaraderie from 'opposing the masses' in the beginning but I WAS NOT WITH THE MASSES. I defended bsh1 and it's time to admit when someone isn't doing their job right.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
^^ You can call this an anthem to this thread
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
LOL
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
Nope. A benevolent dictatorship is the correct approach to managing a site like this. There’s too much agitation and gamesmanship for an effective democracy. 
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
Aloha, guys!

I guess I'll use this opportunity to mention that there'll be another MEEP around mid-April to wrap up the final voting-related issues that we have. I would hold it sooner, but I don't want to induce a MEEP fatigue. Hopefully we can have a nice long MEEP break after April. That is all :)
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@oromagi
It ain't benevolent or efficient.

Maybe you didn't get the 'if'.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
What is a MEEP fatigue, there's many, many that need to be had. Check your PMs from admin please.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@RationalMadman
I don't care if Bsh1 still remains in the team or not, he is not too terrible and not too great.

That, I take it, is your personal opinion. It certainly isn't mine, RM. I think he is bias and over zealous. how can calling someone a clown - no matter how many times  - result in a warning?? 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Stephen
His way of punishing for warning users they're breaking rules and hinting that Mods can get involved is itself not too great and not too bad.

I'm sure you and I would agree that there also is an issue with a user trying to scare users into silence regularly by saying they can make things happen when the other users aren't even breaking rules. His way of dealing with situations is too harsh on people who give gentle warnings and are victims or defenders against abuse. I agree with you on that 

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@DebateArt.com
@David
@Ramshutu
@Wrick-It-Ralph
I'm busy IRL and behind the scenes on-site in upcoming days. The drama with bsh1 isn't an exaggeration, there's a team that has developed to update the site and gauge userbase demands, bsh1 is refusing to participate so far and won't host the voting officially MEEP threads that means we are delayed on many taste-preference updates including renovating the homepage and help page.

It is only bsh1 who can host those threads but even if it wasn't, his attitude in replying to this thread is abhorrent. Look at the Meme he posted and the way he justifies his laziness.

Wrick-It-Ralph
Debates: 44
Wrick-It-Ralph
-->
@RationalMadman
I'm late to this so I'll have to audit this as it develops. 

ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
I humbly accept the extended offer of head modship. I promise to ban anyone whom I dislike, capriciously remove votes, and enforce rigid catholic morals on all posters.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@RationalMadman
How about bsh1 and Virutoso both have the same power?
So basically both are in-charge. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@bsh1
What is MEEP? 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheRealNihilist
No. There should be one head mod. Bsh1 doesn't deserve it at all.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheRealNihilist
MEEPs (Moderation Engagement and Enactment Processes) are official comment periods where moderation proposes and solicits feedback on various potential moderation policies. MEEPs allow moderation to pose questions about moderation policy to the site usership and empower the site usership to either ratify or reject moderation's proposals. In order for a moderation proposal to be ratified, at least 10 users must have expressed a preference on the policy in question, and more than a majority of those expressing a preference must be in agreement. That means, in a MEEP with 10 voters, the minimum threshold for a binding result is 7-3; similarly, in a MEEP with 19 voters, the minimum threshold for a binding result is 11-8. This ensures that the outcome of the process reflects the consensus of a significant number of site users. If a MEEP result is not binding/valid, moderation will maintain the pre-MEEP status quo, whatever that happens to be.

- bsh1
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@RationalMadman
No. There should be one head mod. Bsh1 doesn't deserve it at all.
You do know the burden is on you to prove Virtuoso is more capable of being the head compared to bsh1 right?
I didn't find any URL's linking to what bsh1 is incapable of doing where you think Virtuoso would do better.
Why can't you wait on this suggestion with more evidence to support your side?
Just advice. 

Sent the message to the wrong person which is why I deleted the one before. 

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheRealNihilist
No. The burden of proof is on the head mod to explain themselves as deserving authority over the rest of us or to laugh and posts memes relishing in their unearned glory.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@RationalMadman
No. The burden of proof is on the head mod to explain themselves as deserving authority over the rest of us or to laugh and posts memes relishing in their unearned glory.
You made the claim why aren't you backing it up with evidence?
Unearned glory? Do you have proof of this occurring? I don't see it anywhere in this forum. 
Instead of accusing bsh1 why didn't you ask him questions in order to understand his side? Then you can provide counter evidence to state the contrary if you can. 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
We don't need people like you trying to take over the website and cry and bitch when they don't get their way
Vader
Vader
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
I like that
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
let members like myself become the new co-mod
You couldn’t moderate a nuclear reactor if you shat graphite and pissed Boron.

Bsh1 has an incredibly thick skin, doesn’t bite or escalate when provoked, is open to discussing issues and problems - and has: and as far as I can tell the main issue is simply that he is not 100% available at all times to soothe the wounded ego of resident drama queens.

Goldtop
Goldtop
I get it, he's appointed and we have no say in the matter. I'm curious what the userbase thinks.

Should be obvious by now, the admin and Bsh are one and the same. No one starts a forum who puts in the capital then appoints someone else they don't really know to run it, only a complete idiot would do something like that. That, or they are two people who know each other very well and took advantage of an oppurtunity, a forum (ddo) was no longer being serviced, so they launched a simple spam attack and then suddenly appeared with this forum that had a similar format to catch the fall out.

And why should you care, this place is just a dumping ground for the insane. Even Poly is still here after all her vile content, yet I'll get threatened (and have been) banned for calling someone's posts insane.

You don't actually believe you can make any positive changes here, do you? That would be the bigger joke.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Ramshutu
RM's ego is as tall as Burj Khalifa
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Goldtop
Poly is gone as of yesterday according to my info.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Ramshutu
You couldn’t moderate a nuclear reactor if you shat graphite and pissed Boron.

Bsh1 has an incredibly thick skin

HAHAHHAHA ~ so either I agree or I got a thin skin unlike bsh1? LOL! Fuck off with that, also that comment violates CoC, don't ever fucking talk to me that way again and next time explain why I can't.
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@Vader
Ego of Burj Khalifa - the abilities of Mia Khalifa
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Instead of accusing bsh1 why didn't you ask him questions in order to understand his side? Then you can provide counter evidence to state the contrary if you can.

Sure, the questions are clear. Would you like me to lay them out and show you how mockingly he responds and gets others to bully me into silence?
Vader
Vader
-->
@Ramshutu
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@RationalMadman
don't ever fucking talk to me that way again
Or....?

To be honest, I was talking at you more than I was talking to you.