Muslim Terrorist Begs To Be Allowed "home"..to Australian

Author: Stephen

Total: 18
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
"I was a hard working man who became religious"

Just like that? !

"Then I just wanted to do what I thought was right". 

So you joined Islamic State a terrorist organisation in Syria ,which is a muslim Empire under a Caliphate, a chief muslim leader. Though you admit this now was "a mistake"  and  ONLY AFTER this Muslim Caliphate has been beaten. And you got captured by the Kurds? I see. Carry on.

"Australia if my home"....

Hold on, let me stop you there. Australia is not your home. The defeated Islamic Caliphate is your home, where ever that may now be.

"I was born there and my mother is of Australian descent".

And you gave it up along with your passport to go live and fight for your newly adopted State. You belong to the state of Islam, not Australia. 

Watch the video in this report it is astounding"

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Stephen
He is a refugee.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Greyparrot
Of course he is, now. He's running from a war zone........... he fought in and lost
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
What happens to him if he stays in Syria? 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Snoopy
What happens to him if he stays in Syria?  

I should imagine he will be imprisoned as a criminal. But I am not sure of the laws of Syria.  He did belong to a outlawed ISLAMIC terrorist group and no one forced him to Join.
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@Stephen
He did belong to a outlawed ISLAMIC terrorist group and no one forced him to Join.
I only know that he was drawn to live in a caliphate, that and he is no longer an Australian citizen.  He is a refugee

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Snoopy
He is a refugee

What is he seeking refuge from?
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@Stephen
With all due respect, it should be common knowledge that I do not know the precise nature of his predicament.  I assume that he is stateless, living in Syria with a family and a funny accent, and seeking asylum.  This is based on my understanding of Australian law, and the fact that he is groveling to even be let back into the country.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Snoopy
With all due respect, it should be common knowledge that I do not know the precise nature of his predicament. 

I think his own words speak for themselves. He tells us and the world that he knowingly and willingly joined an outlawed muslim terrorist group  called ISIS. The terrorist group he joined has been defeated. He is in the hands of his captors. He wants to return to the place he once called home but gave up willingly to fight with a terrorist organisation. In my opinion, he should be tried in the country he was captured and fighting against for crimes of terror. 

I assume that he is stateless, living in Syria with a family and a funny accent, and seeking asylum. 
Tricky one that. He gave up his Australian passport when he joined the newly formed State of Islam. So to say he is actually stateless isn't quite true because Islam is still with all, unfortunately. It needs to be established what it is and from where  he is "seeking asylum".

This is based on my understanding of Australian law, and the fact that he is groveling to even be let back into the country.
Indeed it may well be that "by law" he has to be returned to the country he gave up. But Syria has laws too doesn't it? He has committed crimes in that country simply by joining and fighting along a terrorist group and killing Syrian forces.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Stephen
What should Australia do about it? 

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
The Australian government is likely going to prioritize its obligations to the refugees it can account for and Australian citizens.  My guess is that he has a long wait going from Syria to a detention center, if he has a chance at all, and then looks forward to a sentence of up to ten years in prison.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@TheRealNihilist
What should Australia do about it? 
 I have given my only thought on that particular matter above. 1st paragraph, last sentence, post 9 above.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Snoopy
The Australian government is going to prioritize its obligations to the refugees

So the Aussie Government are classing this terrorist as a refugee. Ok. I wonder how well that is going down with your everyday Ozzy?

then looks forward to prison time of up to ten years.
Looked after and paid for by the hard working Ozzy taxpayers. 
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@Stephen
If he is Stateless, not merely undocumented, he is not entitled to the protections and services people commonly take for granted as national citizens in Syria or Australia.  This type of situation has a degree of protection afforded under international law, as it is considered in matters of human rights recognized in accordance with natural law.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Stephen
 I have given my only thought on that particular matter above. 1st paragraph, last sentence, post 9 above.
Okay.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
The Australian government is likely going to prioritize its obligations to the refugees it can account for and Australian citizens.
Do tell me this train of logic.
 My guess is that he has a long wait going from Syria to a detention center, if he has a chance at all, and then looks forward to a sentence of up to ten years in prison.
Don't see how this is part of the topic. 
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
My guess is that he has a long wait going (*Between leaving Syria and waiting at a detention center) Syria to a detention center, if he has a chance at all, and then looks forward to a sentence of up to ten years in prison.
Don't see how this is part of the topic. 

You mean the topic of the thread, or my response to you personally should be reserved to "ought" disregarding "is"
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
You mean the topic of the thread, or my response to you personally should be reserved to "ought" disregarding "is"
Might as well do both. Why should we refrain from oughts?
What do you think about this and if you want to what should happen?