Theistic Rationale

Author: EtrnlVw

Total: 24
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
We are obligated to follow logic not absurdities. Like any field of learning or growing, there are logical propositions and there are absurdities. Spirituality/Theism is no different, you have logical observations and you have what are absurdities. How to distinguish between the two? lol, one is logical the other absurd. Simple as that, Theism/spirituality has some very logical, commonsense aspects whereas there are also some absurd propositions that need not be accepted. In other words, one is not dictated to accept absurdities choosing Theism, rather they are dictated to accept what is logical and rational even in spirituality. Believe it or not...Theism is based on logic and commonsense if no one has told you...because it too, is an objective reality. But remember, the dynamics of Theism are not always absurd even though out of the realm of the common experience, they may be different than what we experience in the physical world but they still hinge on what is rational. 

If you would like to discuss or distinguish between absurdity and logical commonsense in Theism feel free to bring it up here. 
Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
The concept of logic is based on our observation and shared agreement of what we observe through our senses.   Our logic is undone when we cannot perceive God or the ideal of what is beyond our observation.  There are new rules that our current logic may not apply to.   No doubt there are things we think that are logical, because we are basing our thoughts only on what we know and observe.  Rationality cannot touch the unknown.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Melcharaz
So then it is impossible to logically figure out (a) if there's a god and (b) which god that would be, right? SincE

Our logic is undone when we cannot perceive God or the ideal of what is beyond our observation. 

Agree :). 

There are new rules that our current logic may not apply to.
Like what, do you figure? 

Rationality cannot touch the unknown
Epistemological limit, I believe this is called. 
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
What do you mean like what? It would be beyond my observation to give a realistic example.  a metaphysical example however....

I'm surprised they made a word for it.
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
I would argue that scripture would be incorporated with logic however! as it uses logical principles in explaining the unknown.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Melcharaz
So are you going to TRY to argue that, or just say that's what you WOULD argue? Because your two posts are again at odds. Either you think you can use logic to arrive at a conclusion that the biblical god is real and the book is a factual account thereof, or you think you cannot use logic because he's beyond observation. You have a pretty big argument with yourself ahead of you, it sounds like. Once you get it sorted out, let me know, I'm glad to engage whichever conclusion you reach.

Are you a native English speaker? I only ask because I don't want to be too critical of the language you're using if you're not. It might help explain why I read each post of yours as contradicting the post you made prior. 
distantworlds
distantworlds
-->
@EtrnlVw
Theism is total GARBAGE....the stuff of Comic Book Super Beings and Villains....

The Ancient Sumerians have put all of this to rest 5 - 6000 years ago....all of the GOD and RELIGIOUS garbage other humans have spun off
of their works....the SUMERIANS were highly advanced and the result of ALIEN GENETIC MODIFICATION...the GODS are highly advanced
space faring species.....WAKE UP....and stop LYING and HIDING behind Religious Comic book GARBAGE....

The Sumerians existed long before all the idiotic GODS fabricated from their writings.....the JEW - JESUS - ALLAH "GOD" myths and many others 
from the region were stolen from the SUMERIAN WORKS....

Theist rational ? no just LIES and CON ARTIST TOOLS used to enslave and exploit ignorant...deliberately dumbed down and enslaved humans...

In this age of INFORMATION it is evident that the COVER UP by the Religious psychopaths and "GOD" inventors to hide the SUMERIAN and other
Ancient civilizations accomplishments is nothing more than CRIMINAL...the Religious PARASITES have destroyed human evolution until now...

More and more people...especially the youth see clearly the LIES and DECEIT the Parasites of RELIGION use to enslave humanity with horrifically
OBSOLETE and DESTRUCTIVE ideology...

As the older generations DROP DEAD...the new are not wasting their existence chasing salvation and believing lunatics in CIRCUS CLOWN
GOWN COSTUMES who play GOD and hide behind their idiotic Comic Book Bible and Quran VOMIT......
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
-->
@ludofl3x
I say both. why? because the precepts of the scriptures are logical, however they don't readily explain the unobservable through observation as we define it. It explains it through metaphysical properties that must be believed in order to observe through a spiritual nature which, again, is not incorporated through human observation.   Other words, humans can partake of spiritual understanding through metaphysics in order to observe in a spiritual nature which is not natural.
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
-->
@distantworlds
one of the first statues that is based in sumerian economy showed satan pushing eve backward into the tree of life.  Id argue sumerians helped to prove the spiritual nature of God.
distantworlds
distantworlds
-->
@Melcharaz
When do humans stop acting like pathetic beaten down slave drones ?

Of 7 billion humans + -  ?  whose counting them ?    most are brainwashed and hypnotized to accept slavery as a way of existing

Slavery is the TOOL used by Government - Religious - Business Parasites....the model used for containment is FEAR - INTIMIDATION - 
and VIOLENCE....none of which are NECESSARY for TRUE and HEALTHY evolution to occur....but NECESSARY to maintain OPPRESSION and the HYPNOSIS PSYCHOSIS deployed through Media channels...Religion, Education, +++

Humans are extraordinary creatures....only humans prey, manipulate, exploit, enslave other humans...."GOD"is a HOAX TOOL for oppression...
nothing more....

As the old generation DROPS DEAD..the new will use information to escape and ultimately destroy the OPPRESSIVE and OBSOLETE power and control model of the past....

This is GOOD NEWS...the DEATH of the old ways finally opens the door to a new frontier without the "GOD" garbage and Comic Book Bible / Koran
VOMIT....

As people now think nothing of ZEUS and ODIN..so to will this occur with the idiotic JEW - JESUS - ALLAH God invented garbage...
in time people will say WHO ?......who was this JEW GOD ? JESUS ?  ALLAH ?    and then they will lose interest and go back to 
enjoying LIFE and LIVING not praying for salvation after they drop DEAD...what a JOKE this JEW - JESUS - ALLAH garbage truly IS....

Melcharaz
Melcharaz
-->
@distantworlds
are you a bot or do you just not recognize the sumerians ideology and their religion and religious influences?
distantworlds
distantworlds
Religion is GARBAGE.....no HUMAN needs RELIGION to EXIST....time to put Religion in the TRASH and EVOLVE without any of it.....
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Melcharaz
Rationality cannot touch the unknown.
But it's a wizz at detecting the non existent.

Goldtop
Goldtop
If you would like to discuss or distinguish between absurdity and logical commonsense in Theism feel free to bring it up here. 
Sorry, I know how much you really, really, really want it to be true, but theism has no rationale or logic or commonsense, which is based on the actual definitions of the words, often meaning nothing to you. It would be like saying that something that is clearly insane is perfectly sane, to a lunatic.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Goldtop
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
common sense is also based on our belief through observation.  The only thing that holds people back from believing in God is believing there is no proof of him.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Melcharaz
A man claims that a god exists, without any evidence to support this claim but for whatever reason this claim pacifies your fears, you will therefore believe this claim.
That is god belief.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Melcharaz
Other words, humans can partake of spiritual understanding through metaphysics
Other words, humans can partake of spiritual understanding through imagination.
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
-->
@disgusted
emotions. and other invisible matters, for God is invisible.

The evidence i have is my experience and what God has done in me and through me. I need nothing else to verify him.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Melcharaz
You look exactly like EtrnlVw sock puppet. You realize you're not supposed to have more than one account here?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Goldtop
You're not very good at this.
Goldtop
Goldtop

You see, you can no more defend anything you say, all you can do is act immature and arrogant. Must be the reason why you're creatin sock puppets, no one takes you seriously anymore.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@disgusted
A man claims that a god exists, without any evidence to support this claim but for whatever reason this claim pacifies your fears,

--Religion is a tool box for everyday life-mechanics and has amoral integrity set, that can help to pacify one fears
..... ...........I'm all for that in most circumstances......

--Philosophy is 50% bubble gum-for-the-mind to ponder, and mayappear to be, a chaotic random, disorderly mess, at times.

--Scientific methodology puts in order the facts of our experiences { observations }

practical
practical
-->
@EtrnlVw

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

The statement is completely irrelevant....there is NO ABSURDITY ....between......COMMON SENSE....in THEISM....

THEISM is a human construct....invented by psychotic humans obsessed with using the "GOD" entity as a TOOL...a SCAPEGOAT 
to manipulate and exploit weak minded humans....what better than a super entity that will cause trauma in LIFE and DEATH for not
OBEYING IT !   and IT "the GOD" is never available for consultation....IT exists in a different dimension...a dimension beyond the
human senses...

WHAT A CLASS ACT of totally PSYCHOTIC STAGECRAFT to get away with enslaving, using, and abusing all who do not  accept the
HUMAN PSYCHOPATH who plays "GOD"  in the name of "GOD"  a perfect CRIME !   

Theism is synonymous with CONCENTRATION CAMP BRAINWASHING.....no human ever needs some idiotic no show human fabricated
Comic Book "GOD" to exist and die.....how utterly PATHETIC....

All who fall for this stagecraft garbage deserve a LIVING HELL EXISTENCE on EARTH for being so GULLIBLE....