Can someone explain BREXIT to me?

Author: TheRealNihilist

Total: 43
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
It seems like there is a new development everyday and I don't even realise what is going on. 
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Well, I don't know a whole lot about what's going on either, but right now it looks like the UK is approaching a deadline after which, if no deal with the EU is reached and ratified, there'll be a "hard Brexit" (that is, with no deal attached to ameliorate its worst effects). Teresa May has broken with her party, the Conservatives, and is asking the EU for an extension (that is, more time to hammer out a deal before a hard Brexit kicks in).
Basically they couldn't come up with any agreement, which probably has to do both with a gridlocked Parliament and a EU that wants to play hardball and punish the UK for its decision to leave.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Swagnarok
I guess that is a fair way of looking at it. 
Is this video good enough of a summary of what is going on?

RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
48% had their head on straight, unfortunately it wasn't enough. This is nothing but a chain reaction of a chain reaction of a chain reaction.

Guess what the root issue is? Conservative bimbos.

This isn't hate-speech, it's the damn fucking truth. The link is so blatant; if you deny it, you don't know enough.

Even the Conservatives who are protesting for no-deal Brexit know they are the ones who started this utter shitfest, they just embrace it and keep at it.

It is very simple, the wrong decision happened and suddenly the 52% and the 30% who didn't even vote are realising they were stupid and the youngsters who now are 18+ are seething with rage as all want to vote remain (or like 70+% do at least)
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
RationalMadman

I guess that is also a fair way to look at it.
Did you watch the video?
Wanted to see if it covered BREXIT as of right now correctly. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheRealNihilist
No. It was accurate about thing on a very very very face level but nowhere near what CGP Grey's other videos tend to be in depth of analysis at all. The fact it starts with the Irish Border is a tell-tale sign the guy knows only the face-level of the situation.

The Irish border is a complete sham. The reason both sides are 'playing that' is twofold:

The EU has no other factor than the Irish Border to make there undeniably have to legally be a clause in theBrexit deal that in a few years (3-4 approx) there's a reagreement or 'complete brexit meeting' where if Britain still wants out they HAVE TO agree to an open Irish Border which means in that meeting everything else can be renegotiated as well, including entering back into the EU in ways they can dictate.

The UK doesn't want that border to be open, it will completely and utterly defeat the entire idea of this reducing immigration and 'economic leakage to the EU nations' since open border will mean any business man in Ireland (which is in the EU) can cross it to make deals etc etc amongst so many other issues. it's also VERY likely that NI will for the first time in its history actually say 'we actually want Ireland in charge of us now, please can we break away from Britain' which it never said so far and is why the IRA lost (because the place they were 'freeing' didn't even want them to have control or at least most didn't).

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheRealNihilist
That video has so much missing about motives, butterfly effect etc.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Can someone explain BREXIT to me?

Yes. It is where, the government grant  a democratic referendum to its citizens and then the same Government totally ignores the fkn result.
I hope this helps

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Stephen
I think what should happen is leave the EU then straight when they have left call another one and go back into the EU. The advantages of staying in the EU outweigh being outside it. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@TheRealNihilist
The advantages of staying in the EU outweigh being outside it. 
You are entitled to your opinion, But the referendum result says we leave and the Tory government promised we would and also promised there would be "no second referendum". Remainers just cannot accept it.  Once you start turning over the will of the people then you are on the road to a full blown and bloody rebellion and most of those bastard traitors in parliament deserve to hang right now, today, IMO

I think surrendering our sovereignty to a foreign power was a crime in the first place? The EU has in my opinion brought the UK to it's fkn knees.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Stephen
I think surrendering our sovereignty to a foreign power was a crime in the first place? The EU has in my opinion brought the UK to it's fkn knees.
What is so good about sovereignty and in what way does the EU take away from English sovereignty? 

Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@RationalMadman
The UK doesn't want that border to be open, it will completely and utterly defeat the entire idea of this reducing immigration and 'economic leakage to the EU nations' since open border will mean any business man in Ireland (which is in the EU) can cross it to make deals etc etc amongst so many other issues.

They could just choose not to require a passport for Irish citizens, couldn't they?  That hardly seems equivalent to being open to 20+ foreign socioeconomic policies.  I don't even see how this matter of immigration would require an agreement with the EU, besides being a potential aspect of their negotiations.  Either way, I don't understand why the UK isn't pulling it together.  Since Brexit needs to go through, I would think the parties inhibiting a successful transition are in danger of posturing themselves as traitors.  In the case that the UK does renegotiate a more suitable agreement as a member of the EU, they can be considered as a reliable asset and both the UK and the EU could have a more stable relationship.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Snoopy
 I would think the parties inhibiting a successful transition are in danger of posturing themselves as traitors. 

They are traitors. Nearly every MP in the house is a fkn remainer, including the Prime Minister. They have done everything to keep us in the EU from day one. Article 50 was supposed to be triggered immediately and it wasn't. That was the first hint they those treacherous and treasonous bastards were going to simply ignore the DEMOCRATIC will of the people. They are are on very thin ice but don't seem to care. They know the army will protect them.

They have simply walked over the referendum result as if it didn't happen and treated millions of their voters with total and utter disdain. They are fkn scum who should be hung asp, imo.
Snoopy
Snoopy
Once Brexit is finalized, I wonder how the United States of America would get involved.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
Once Brexit is finalized, I wonder how the United States of America would get involved.
Announce a war and say we are here to bring democracy but take all the oil. 
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Since we are literally talking about the EU, and the UK (among our closest allies) doesn't have massive reserves of fossil fuels, I don't foresee the United States taking up the dirty work of Western Europe on this one, not the majority anyway.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
It was a joke. 
They are too busy attempting to have a war with Venezuela. 
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
For the situation in Venezuela, the United States would be providing assistance to a military coup.  The United States is already lending humanitarian assistance in the region.  You are probably thinking of the "war on terror".  I think they'll need a better catch phrase for what you have in mind.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
For the situation in Venezuela, the United States would be providing assistance to a military coup.  The United States is already lending humanitarian assistance in the region.  You are probably thinking of the "war on terror".  I think they'll need a better catch phrase for what you have in mind.
Okay in what way are the United States the good guys again? 
Name me one war after WW2 where they left it with democracy or some sort of improvement or justified in their response. 
I would allow you to pick so that you have something that you can substantiate instead of me shoving all the wars the United States has been in which has destabilized the country rather than stabilizing it or was justified. 
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
That's off topic since its not connected to a distraction from Brexit, but since you started the thread, Korea has been 50% successful.  The areas positively effected by the United States (or perhaps allowed to succeed), and the areas where communism was tolerated are like night and day.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
Guess you are incapable and still parroted this information
 The United States is already lending humanitarian assistance in the region.
Please next time don't defend war profiteers instead maybe look at the past and actually understand those wars were not justified. Even though Osama is d*ad there are still troops in Afghanistan. There shouldn't even be there in the first place because of how little of a threat he was. He claimed to be the mastermind behind 9/11. What is the point of trying to find a guy that poses very little threat when you have problems with lead poisoning in the US? 3,000 areas were impacted by lead poisoning but guess the US cares more about a really expensive building. A government is supposed to represent their people not businesses which is a small amount of people. More people were lead poisoned than there were people impacted by 9/11. 

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I was referring to Venezuela

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
I was referring to Venezuela
Humanitarian?
Where did you get this news from?
How about independents who go there and find stories which contradict what CNN are Fox are saying or wherever you get the news from? 
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I read it in my local newspaper

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
I read it in my local newspaper
Did you not check to see if what they were claiming had any evidence to support their side? 

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
There were pictures too, but I was reading it in a waiting room so...Venezuela is not aggressive so there is not a solid pretext for invasion.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
There were pictures too, but I was reading it in a waiting room so...Venezuela is not aggressive so there is not a good pretext for invasion.
Did they have a picture of every single hospital or where they an anecdotal Andy? 

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
No, just the navy hospital as I recall

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
No, just the navy hospital
Do you understand an anecdote is not a representation of Venezuela as a whole? 

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
You mean, Venezuela is not actually in a crisis under the rule of Maduro