Total: 172
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
That appears to be a strawman fallacy
What appears to be a strawman?
So I shouldn't have taken your statement seriously? Why even say it in the first place? 
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
  If you don't take the initiative to consider it, there's no guarantee that the world is going to correct you.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
 If you don't take the initiative to consider it, there's no guarantee that the world is going to correct you.
I already have which is why I am in the position I am today. I don't to test my beliefs again when I already know it to be correct and a better political stance has not yet arrived for me to test that out with mine. 

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
So I shouldn't have taken your statement seriously? Why even say it in the first place? 
Post # 90 is not referring to my own statement, but rather Post #89.  Post 92 is likewise in reference to critical thinking

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
Post # 90 is not referring to my own statement.
How was I supposed to understand this without you saying it to be the case? 
Post 92 is likewise in reference to critical thinking
Is this directed to me or you?

mustardness
Debates: 0
mustardness
-->
@Snoopy
Do "you know why" some historical stuff ex ego of dictator in monumental form is deleted?
The monument  goes and then the new dictator moves in ---ex Putin and Trump--- and do crazy s___ on USA peoples.

Ex hacking  USA' electoral systems to influence outcome of USA elections.

Blackwater CEO on board with immoral appears to have lied to congress about his Banno related Seyshelles activities as pointed out in Mueller report

..."The founder and former CEO of the notorious private security firm Blackwater — and younger brother of hapless Education Secretary Betsy DeVos — is a vocal supporter of President Donald Trump. Prince donated $250,000 to help the president get elected in 2016.

...Speaking under oath before the House Intelligence Committee in November 2017, Prince denied any formal connections to the Trump campaign, saying that he “played no official, or really, unofficial role.”""""...............

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@mustardness
Trump and his associates did not hack the electoral system.  The other information is appreciated.  Putin is more like Franklin D. Roosevelt than Trump.  Thankfully FDR was not a psychopath from the CIA

mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Snoopy
Trump and his associates did not hack the electoral system.
Ok, then Putin and perhaps Julian Assange > Roger Stone etc did immoral crazy s___ t   ---hacking somebodys stuff--- to influence USA elections to favor Trump and we know Trump wants to do businesss in Russia, Saudi Arabia if not also North Korea, if Trumps narrsicistic ego could get Kim Young Pooh to be civilized human being.

From Mueller report we know that Manifort gave Konstantin Kilimnik polling info regarding USA states---WI, MI, PA etc---     that would determine the outcome of election.

Places of the Berlin Wall still stand, you know why?
Because it is a"wall" aka monument of a 'wall' aka concrete barrier, and not a monument of a person. 

A concrete wall, ---or barbed wire fence or land mines---   as a barrier to the free, flow-of-people,  has a substantially  more physically visual and emotional impact on people tourists or otherwise.

Comparing a historical wall of physical imprisonment to historical statue a man or woman is not a fair assessment.

Walking into Alcatraz prison ---off coast of California or anywhere else--- and imagining the emotional and pychologicalogical feelings is so much more relevant than a statue of human.  Statues of humans is about ego.

Ego { * i * }  of general statue vs boots { * @ * } on the ground fort they had to climb over the walls.  

Do "you know why" some historical stuff ex ego of dictator in monumental form is deleted?
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@DBlaze
This is the reason a lot of people don't like Trump, because ignorant people hear things like the above and spread it around to other ignorant people,
Try this, [LINK] and [LINK]
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@3RU7AL
Great job.
I think this one is the best:

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Thanks for the link.  That should be plastered all over TV and radio.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@3RU7AL
Shame it ain't. It would really expose Trump as the fraud he is. 
DBlaze
DBlaze
-->
@3RU7AL
Democrats also spread around falsehoods to people who believe their BS, is there proof that appointees are using these special interests to their advantage and not helping the people of the US?  There could be good reason that Trump is deregulating a lot of these Fed Gov agencies, and you don't get to hear his side.  Another promise he made was deregulation, which he is making good on. 

The whole draining the swamp thing meant he was going to get rid of the people in the establishment that pull this crap.  He put in his own people which does not mean that they are going to do the same thing as the last people in power.  Democrats made the assumption that they would not be rich people, but rich people usually have the resume of getting things done.

Who do you think would be on Wall Street, poor people?  I'd like some proof that he has lied about his promises instead of Democrats just saying so.  I'm not saying he doesn't lie, because he does, but so does everyone else in politics, including democrats.

Remember, these are the people trying to let people in jail vote like they really care about them.  They are just trying to get more votes for the democratic party in the future, just like they do with everyone else that should not vote.  Voter manipulation.

On another note, this is also the party that erected all of the statues and monuments back in the days of Jim Crow and after the civil war, that they now want to destroy.    
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@DBlaze
On another note, this is also the party that erected all of the statues and monuments back in the days of Jim Crow and after the civil war, that they now want to destroy.    
Would you say it's fair to believe that you would like to preserve "the statues and monuments" celebrating rebel war veterans?

Would you say it's fair to believe that you would generally lean towards a Republican worldview?

Though some Democrats had switched to the Republican party prior to this, “the defections became a flood” after Johnson signed these acts, Goldfield says. “And so the political parties began to reconstitute themselves.”

The change wasn’t total or immediate. During the late 1960s and early ‘70s, white Southerners were still transitioning away from the Democratic party (newly enfranchised black Southerners voted and continue to vote Democratic). And even as Republican Richard Nixon employed a “Southern strategy” that appealed to the racism of Southern white voters, former Alabama Governor George Wallace (who’d wanted “segregation now, segregation tomorrow, and segregation forever”) ran as a Democrat in the 1972 presidential primaries.

By the time Ronald Reagan became president in 1980, the Republican party’s hold on white Southerners was firm. Today, the Republican party remains the party of the South. It’s an ironic outcome considering that a century ago, white Southerners would’ve never considered voting for the party of Lincoln. [LINK]

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@DBlaze
Democrats also spread around falsehoods to people who believe their BS,
Please point out specific falsehoods here, [LINK] and here [LINK]
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@DBlaze
My link is better than 3RU7AL.

Do tell me how the Trump as the party leader of the Republican party does not spread lies. 
DBlaze
DBlaze
-->
@3RU7AL
I would say that I like to preserve history of a civil war in our country, and many of the Generals were still respected after the war was over for their valor, and ability to command a respected army.  Just like Napoleon, who is controversial, but his face is everywhere.

I believe the big difference in the North and the South was not so much slavery as it was the difference in climate and environment, which is vast, hence the need for it at plantations, which produced product and made money.... Some slaves were actually treated better than many blacks that were in the North, and many companies in the North definitely had a role in the continuation of slaves and the slave trade.   

The north still treated blacks as if they were below them, it just was how it was back then.  It was a societal thing that people thought was normal in those days.  I don't think they are evil people, it was just evil times, I just think they were the product of their environment and trying to protect their own livelihood.  

Brothers fought with Fathers and neighbors joined, not so much for a cause all the time, but to stay alive and keep their businesses going, and protect their loved ones.   Just like you may not always agree with whatever war we are in at any given moment, but you can be forced in by extenuating circumstances, especially if the war is on your own soil.

As far as the monuments go and the comparison to the Berlin Wall, I am speaking in terms of physicality, and the ability to see it in person, has a huge impact. 

I do lean toward a republican world view, but I am pro-choice. I am for individuality, not for grouping people into categories.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@DBlaze
I think the public is genuinely becoming nauseated at the nonstop "orangemanbad" endless parade of conspiracy theories pushing such a whacked out narrative.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Let's see..what's a more important debunked lie... Trump lying about what he eats, or the DNC lying about the crisis on the border...

Trump lying about the size of his hands...or the DNC lying about how bad the economy is...

Trump lying about how good he looks....or the DNC lying about Trump being a russian agent hacking election machines.

Trump lying about how sexy he is....or the DNC lying about the world ending in 12 years.

People generally know how to prioritize, even if a brainwashed nevertrumper cannot.

DBlaze
DBlaze
-->
@Greyparrot
Trump lying about his golf score, (which I have yet to play with someone who doesn't)... Or DNC lying that the good economy is because of Obama (after they have lost the argument that economy is not good)?

I don't think the media will ever tire of it, and some people won't... the media will keep them at attention with more speculation.  
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@DBlaze
Really that "Obama is responsible for the economy" is such a funny one, considering Trump slashed around 1500 regulations Obama had in place. How was Trump such a genius to know which Obama regulations to keep in place to get an averaged 3% gdp growth? Didn't Obama claim that 2% was going to be the new norm for economic success?

Crazy like a fox i guess.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@DBlaze
How about the new one "Trump lied on his tax returns" when Trump has been audited by the IRS every year since he made his first million? 

That one is really a funny conspiracy theory considering what a hardass the IRS generally is at pouring over someone's tax liabilities.

But don't worry, the entire Democrat Congress is better at spotting tax discrepancies than the actual IRS agency responsible for it ...lol.... what a joke of a conspiracy.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheRealNihilist
From your link:

Candidate Trump promised to protect Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. President Trump introduced a budget that slashes all three.
Who cares what the politicians say. The reality is that with no action from either party, all these programs are going to go bankrupt. What is your solution? Taxes? We can't balance the current budget with a 100% tax on the rich as it is. Our debt is larger than our entire economy right now.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@DBlaze
This article lost all credibility when the author said that Trump referred to White Nationalist as very fine people.  That is just a lie.  Trump was referring to the people that protested the removal of statues to preserve history, he was not referring to the White supremacy gathering, anyone with a brain that functions correctly knows this.   

I wonder about the kneejerk media outrage if a politician stated that some of the Muslims are very fine people... oh yeah...

DBlaze
DBlaze
-->
@Greyparrot
Obama is going around saying that it is because of him.  But, if you remember, he said Trump would need a magic wand to do what he actually did.  Now, it is all because of the groundwork Obama laid.

Yeah, taxes are funny.  If anyone were going to go after Trump, it would be the IRS if they had a leg to stand on.  Obama probably had them look into it even more considering the conservative companies and not for profit organizations they were targeting disproportionate to liberal companies.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@DBlaze
Most scrutinized president in all of history.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@DBlaze
I would say that I like to preserve history of a civil war in our country, and many of the Generals were still respected after the war was over for their valor, and ability to command a respected army.  Just like Napoleon, who is controversial, but his face is everywhere.
Every General in history that posed any sort of credible threat possessed valor and an ability to command the respect of their army.

These integral attributes would seem to constitute a surprisingly low bar for veneration. 

I believe the big difference in the North and the South was not so much slavery as it was the difference in climate and environment, which is vast, hence the need for it at plantations, which produced product and made money....
Cotton and a great many other crops are able to be cultivated with paid workers and still remain profitable.

Some slaves were actually treated better than many blacks that were in the North, and many companies in the North definitely had a role in the continuation of slaves and the slave trade. 
This argument (some slave owners might have been compassionate) is an absolutely absurd attempt to defend the patently immoral practice of slavery.

The north still treated blacks as if they were below them, it just was how it was back then.  It was a societal thing that people thought was normal in those days.  I don't think they are evil people, it was just evil times, I just think they were the product of their environment and trying to protect their own livelihood.  
The fact that some people treated minorities as second class citizens is absolutely irrelevant.  The idea that just because some people are treated badly by some other people does not in any way justify the patently immoral practice of slavery.  They are not equivalent and even if they were, it is utterly beside the point and has no bearing on the morality of slavery specifically.

Brothers fought with Fathers and neighbors joined, not so much for a cause all the time, but to stay alive and keep their businesses going, and protect their loved ones.   Just like you may not always agree with whatever war we are in at any given moment, but you can be forced in by extenuating circumstances, especially if the war is on your own soil.
Certainly a lot of non-slave-owners fought on both sides.  This is also completely beside the point.  The richest and most influential people in the Rebel army were slave owners.  They fought specifically to defend their right to own other people.

As far as the monuments go and the comparison to the Berlin Wall, I am speaking in terms of physicality, and the ability to see it in person, has a huge impact. 
I'm pretty sure the "unite the right" protesters didn't want to preserve monuments venerating Rebel soldiers to remind everyone of how horrific the practice of slavery was.

I do lean toward a republican world view, but I am pro-choice. I am for individuality, not for grouping people into categories.
Ok, I'm pretty sure the conservatives still group people into categories.  What other Republican "values" do you believe are the most important to you?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
God forbid that we have statues as a reminder what happens when we blindly believe what people in power tell you to believe.
disgusted
disgusted
@pollywannacracker
Maybe all the lies you told in this post.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
God forbid that we have statues as a reminder what happens when we blindly believe what people in power tell you to believe.
This seems uncompelling to people who were systematically disenfranchised by "Confederate war figures".