A mother is not obliged to protect her fetus

Author: ProudDebater

Total: 10
ProudDebater
Debates: 0
ProudDebater
If you are attempting to save someone and you give up,You'r not going to get arrested for murder,This is the same case with abortion. The mother is responsible for the creation of the fetus and should never be forced to use her own body to support it. I believe late term abortion is barbaric and should be illegel, but if the fetus is incapable of surviving outside the women's body,then the government should never have the authority to force the mother to carry the fetus against her will.  Certain fundamental rights shouldn't be infringed upon and the right to choose what to do with your own body is one of them
DBlaze
DBlaze
-->
@ProudDebater
And the law agrees with you.  So, what is your point?
ProudDebater
ProudDebater
I agree with the law and apparently pro lifers are mythical creatures

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ProudDebater
What standard are you willing to use for survivability outside the womb? A pregnant mother standing in front of the doors of the mayo clinic, or a mother in an Appalachian shack? Something in between?

ProudDebater
ProudDebater
-->
@Greyparrot
I think the standard of surviving outside of the womb depends purely on the fetus,I think around 20 weeks close to when the mother gives birth,the mother should be denied access to a abortion as the fetus could be taken out of the womb and still survive,I might of been a bit confused from your question so you can clarify
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ProudDebater
Because a fetus at 18 weeks can survive if it happens to be in front of the doors of the mayo clinic, and a fetus at 22 weeks can't survive in the Appalachians.
ProudDebater
ProudDebater
-->
@Greyparrot
I think 20 week would be fine

ProudDebater
ProudDebater
I think anywhere between 20 and 28 weeks would be reasonable,I know it's difficult for a 18 week fetus to survive outside the womb
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ProudDebater
Yeah, so the law discriminates on your geography. If you are in front of the mayo clinic, the baby gets better odds to live. If you are a mother in appalachia, the law screws over a mother by forcing her carry an unviable fetus that can't possibly live outside the womb for 2 weeks from week 20 to week 22 because of where she lives.

Why does the appalachian mother have less rights?
ProudDebater
ProudDebater
That's why I think between 20-28 weeks,if it is 28 weeks then she would probably be denied the abortion either way,now do you think it would be better to overturn roe v wade and ban all abortions? I am open to new idea's because I can understand both sides