Out Of Ideas

Author: Speedrace

Total: 3
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
I want to start more open challenges, but I can't think of anything to challenge people to. Does anyone know how they come up with ideas for debate challenges?

RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
Come up with stuff you know a lot about or stuff you know many disagree with and is easy to win against the popular view on.

Making debates is far harder than accepting them. You will rarely find debates where yoru side is blatantly right where you don't develop a reputation on the site for being a coward who baits noobs. I am not sure how to avoid that reputation other than to be an accept-heavy noob and medium-debater sniper like me as at least then the noobs put up a fight as they wanted the topic and knew something about it in the first place.

Make sure you know if you debate to win or to have fun, when the two mix you need to know which is the higher priority.
Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
-->
@Speedrace
Challenge their hearts, they will reveal themselves when asked the truth.   How often do you compare yourself to others?  Why do people lie? what are people looking for in life?  Is love more than emotion?  What is truth?  Is anything absolute? is cooking food better than preparing and serving food?  Where can peace be found?  What is peace?   etc