Dig holes to hell change my mind.

Author: Alec

Total: 94
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Alec
God doesn't have to be perfect for him to be so powerful that he might as well be all powerful.
No one is perfect, not even God.
So are you saying God is not all-knowing? 
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I don't think that God is all knowing.
Alec
Alec
-->
@Snoopy
I propose on a policy that saves them with a combination of geo thermal powered elevators and ladders.  They are saved once they are on Earth.  I hope that they survive.  It's not like they will die again.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Alec
I don't think that God is all knowing.
If God is not all-knowing how does it exact its punishment by looking at everyone's life and cataloging what they have done? 

Alec
Alec
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Even if he isn't all knowing, he's still pretty smart.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Alec
Even if he isn't all knowing, he's still pretty smart.
In what does this answer what I said?
This is consistently what you do. When I press you on your ideas you decide to make non-sequitur comments. 
Should I expect you to not be able to answer simple questions? 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Alec
 I think people in hell should be saved.
Alec: "Hitler!!! What's up my dude! 6 million jews! Phhfft. You need to be saved"

No. This is ridiculous to post on a religion forum. I know you are not up to speed with religion, but God put them there in their day of judgement. That's why we train to be good people

Also, this is in 1950s, where the race for power was on. This could have been fibbed by the Russians. They probably hit the core

Vader
Vader
-->
@Alec
Hell doesn't exist on Earth. It's its own thing and own dimension.
Vader
Vader
i really don't like talking about religion on this site due to certain users. just let me believe what i believe. but i had to give my input 
Alec
Alec
-->
@Vader
"Hitler!!! What's up my dude! 6 million jews! Phhfft. You need to be saved"
As terrible as Hitler is, he probably learned his lesson after burning in hell for about 75 years.  He killed Jews because he thought it was what God wanted him to do.  If he comes to Earth again, I don't think he'll be killing any more Jews since that at least partially was the cause of him to burn in hell.  Also, most people in hell aren't as terrible as Hitler, so punishing everyone by denying them access to Earth for the crimes of Hitler is social justice, punishing people on their group identity.

That's why we train to be good people
It takes more then being a "good person" to go to heaven.  The average person is going to go to hell forever unless a hole is dug to free them.

Also, this is in 1950s, where the race for power was on. This could have been fibbed by the Russians.
What incentive would the Russians have to lie about hell?  Their claim should be verified to see if people are actually suffering below the surface of the Earth.

They probably hit the core
The Russians lacked this ability.  Otherwise, the core would have frozen by now due to the coldness of space that would be touching the core.  Then our magnetic field would be less prominent.

Hell doesn't exist on Earth. It's its own thing and own dimension.
It could be either way.  However, in the event that it is on Earth, we have the ability to save our dead relatives from future suffering.

i really don't like talking about religion on this site due to certain users.
That's fine.

just let me believe what i believe. but i had to give my input 
You can believe what you believe, that's fine.  I hope my idea gets more support which is why I posted it.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
-->
@Alec
Okay...let's say, just for the sake of argument, that we actually gave this a try. Would there be any actual evidence that we were accomplishing anything whatsoever? Could we see, hear, or feel spirits? Would we have any way of knowing that we hadn't just dug a monumentally expensive hole in the ground for absolutely nothing?
In addition, let's say for the sake of argument that your plan actually worked. What would prevent the God who put them there in the first place from recapturing them and placing them back in torment elsewhere?
Alec
Alec
-->
@Swagnarok
Would there be any actual evidence that we were accomplishing anything whatsoever? Could we see, hear, or feel spirits?
From what I've read, the dead people would have bodies that don't die so we would be able to see them climbing out of hell or being lifted out of hell by a Geo thermal powered elevator.  They probably would cause the US population to increase as well as our GDP.

What would prevent the God who put them there in the first place from recapturing them and placing them back in torment elsewhere?
He might do that.  I don't know how he would do that.  God claims to be all powerful but if he were, he would have made life noticeably better for Christians in an effort to get more worship.  I don't know if God has the power to stop millions of people from fleeing hell.
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@Alec
You need help.
Alec
Alec
-->
@disgusted
How so?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Alec
Explain the combustion process involved in your subterranean furnace and what will be the result when you dig chimneys for it?
Alec
Alec
-->
@disgusted
I don't think that that would be a significant problem if I am interpreting your concern correctly.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Alec
I have no concerns, you have a ridiculously childish belief.
Answer the question.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Alec
Do you have any evidence to the contrary?
Is that supposed to be a lame joke? That article is based on a hoax.

Otherwise, he wouldn't have destroyed humanity by a flood.
And, you also believe that fairy tale? Hilarious.
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@Alec
Why is this in the religion forum, rather than the political, society, or miscellaneous forums?
Alec
Alec
-->
@Snoopy
Since hell was involved, I thought it would be good for the religion forum.  Do you think we should dig holes to hell to free those burning?
dave2242
dave2242
-->
@Alec
to many mass murders down there to help them all. but do get most of the scientists out of there
Alec
Alec
-->
@dave2242
I'm glad that you want to get at least some of the people out of there.  Once the hole was established, how would we figure out who murdered and who didn't murder?  Is it safe to assume that after hundreds of years burning in hell that the murderers learned their lesson?  It could serve as a deterrent for future murder because if someone gets murdered and goes to hell, then the murderer could get the death penalty so they have to save themselves from hell too.
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@Alec
You are free to try I suppose, free country and all.  There is no "we" on this one though as far as I am concerned.  How do you figure you can get to this screaming thing through a hole from America?
dave2242
dave2242
-->
@Alec
well we could take out most people with known murders being watched for a set amount of time depending on how long they where in there. we could also have a wait list baced on what they did in life historically important people first average joes and people who committed minor crimes (like petty theft) second murderers rapists and other people who committed major crimes last.
dave2242
dave2242
-->
@Alec
for future crimes i agree it could be used as a deterrent stab someone get sent to hell for a month
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@dave2242
People might actually end up in heaven even if they stabbed someone.  We can't actually judge if someone will end up in hell.  We could only say they are in grave circumstance.
dave2242
dave2242
-->
@Snoopy
well we dont kill them to send them to hell we throw them down the hole
dave2242
dave2242
-->
@Snoopy
in a way if this was true (which is highly unlikely) we could create some form of sudo immortality 

Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
-->
@Alec
The bible never says that hell is the eternal punishment. In revelation specifically it says "Death and hell were cast into the lake of fire"  meaning there is a different place all together, even if only refering to the residents of hell, they are put in a lake of fire which is different from the bibles showing of Hell.
Alec
Alec
-->
@Snoopy
How do you figure you can get to this screaming thing through a hole from America?
At the bottom of the hole there would be hell.  The US would have to build some elevators and ladders to save the people from further torment but beyond that, I think it would be feasible to do.